Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Grem posted:

Got a king size sherpa to go with my queen size sherpa. You know who's sleeping warm all winter? Me!

If you have them mate, you should get a twin sized sherpa out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Teikanmi posted:

*notices refill in your cart*

OwO what's this?

Just a SINGLE refill of diet pepsi my good man!!!

Trip report:

Costco roses are very popular.

That Charisma king size throw which is on sale for 11.99 is very nice but I would not put it in the same class as the Lord's own Sherpa!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just a SINGLE refill of diet pepsi my good man!!!

Trip report:

Costco roses are very popular.

That Charisma king size throw which is on sale for 11.99 is very nice but I would not put it in the same class as the Lord's own Sherpa!

Piled high?

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the costco thread and the sardine thread should merge and form the most depressing forum thread to ever exist.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
by the way covering a chicken in MSG and sugar isnt seasoning it you retards

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
looks like someone doesn't like getting great deals, cheap gas, and great dogs/pizza on the regular

now theres something depressing!!!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Mr. Unlucky posted:

by the way covering a chicken in MSG and sugar isnt seasoning it you retards

MSG, parmesan, what's the difference?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Heretic

HERESY

naem
May 29, 2011

Mr. Unlucky posted:

the costco thread and the sardine thread should merge and form the most depressing forum thread to ever exist.

Eating an entire Costco rotisserie chicken over the sink in your underpants with a Sherpa blanket cape yelling out MY DAD MY DAAAD through mouthfuls

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Mr. Unlucky posted:

useless dribble

No dines or 'stco? There's only one answer, and it's not to continue living.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Mr. Unlucky posted:

It has in the past, and it's bad. Costco mainly sells Season Boneless Skinless Sardines and, like all boneless skinless sardines, they're not very good. Some goons have had luck requesting King Oscar sardines.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Anyone see any slippers for sale at the 'Co lately? Now that the weather is cooling off, and my house has hardwood, I gotta get something to keep my feet warm.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

The Midniter posted:

Anyone see any slippers for sale at the 'Co lately? Now that the weather is cooling off, and my house has hardwood, I gotta get something to keep my feet warm.

Wrap them in Sherpa throws you heathen!

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

MisterOblivious posted:

It has in the past, and it's bad. Costco mainly sells Season Boneless Skinless Sardines and, like all boneless skinless sardines, they're not very good. Some goons have had luck requesting King Oscar sardines.

I need to do this...they haven’t listened to my request for a coffee grinder at the front of the store though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Trastion posted:

Wrap them in Sherpa throws you heathen!

Carpet your house in Sherpa blankets.

Wallpaper your house in Sherpa blankets.

Live in a giant Sherpa blanket womb.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You get the chicken as well as the big bottle of Nando's sauce they sell. Literally no reason to go back to Nando's ever.

E: and the cheddar Bay biscuits too

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Unlucky posted:

This guy doesn't understand the greatness of Costco.

Mr. Unlucky is correct.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TheManWithNoName posted:

I need to do this...they haven’t listened to my request for a coffee grinder at the front of the store though.

Insanity, all the ‘stcos round here have them.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Mr. Unlucky posted:

This is probably the happiest thread I've seen in all of the forums.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Midniter posted:

I went in mine yesterday and the whole front entrance has some sort of warm memory foam slippers. Might even been sherpa.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Insanity, all the ‘stcos round here have them.

Seems to be something they aren't putting in new stores. The two closest to me are 5 years old or newer and neither has a coffee grinder.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tim Whatley posted:

I went in mine yesterday and the whole front entrance has some sort of warm memory foam slippers. Might even been sherpa.

These are good slippers if they're the same ones we have here. My wife had a pair.

Speaking of memory foam, Costco also sells these memory foam kitchen mats for people who cook, wash dishes, or are otherwise standing around in the kitchen a lot. I was skeptical of them but they are really great if you've got a tile or hardwood floor in your kitchen.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

list today:

-that badass lacroix pack with berry/cranraspberry/tangerine
-massive bag of pretzels
-a pizza
-a drink

going to be a good friday

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Good soup! posted:

list today:

-massive bag of pretzels
-a pizza
-a drink

It's the best lacroix pack, OP.

The best.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Today I had my first dog in like 8 years. It was good but I didn't really like tasting it with every burp for a couple hours after eating it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Jingleheimer posted:

Today I had my first dog in like 8 years. It was good but I didn't really like tasting it with every burp for a couple hours after eating it.

thats the holy spirit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jingleheimer posted:

That's a feature not a bug

I'm still waiting for them to put out a la Croix variety pack with those dope flavors like the watermelon kiwi or the apple cranberry, which are my top two favorites

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

We buy seltzer in 2 liters at winco because I’m cheap. 98 cents good flavors too

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Good soup! posted:

That's a feature not a bug

I'm still waiting for them to put out a la Croix variety pack with those dope flavors like the watermelon kiwi or the apple cranberry, which are my top two favorites

Aren't those like the cUrAtEd FlAvOrS or whatever?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

thats the holy spirit

It rises within me!

:burp:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Alright guys, anyone have any questions for a Costco employee? I'm bored and I don't mind talking about work because I am employed by the greatest company in the world.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Jingleheimer posted:

Alright guys, anyone have any questions for a Costco employee? I'm bored and I don't mind talking about work because I am employed by the greatest company in the world.

How can I get my local Costco to stock some of the stuff other Costcos stock but our Costco doesn't?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jingleheimer posted:

What's the craziest thing someone has ever returned?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Good soup! posted:

list today:

-massive bag of pretzels
-a pizza
-a drink

I'm actually running low on La Croix, do you remember how much it was?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

Please... how do I get a red Costco hat?

Asking for a friend

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

How can I get my local Costco to stock some of the stuff other Costcos stock but our Costco doesn't?

The best way is to write a suggestion and put it in their suggestion box, which is probably located by the exit door. They do read them and pay attention to them, but unfortunately, unless they get a lot of the same suggestions they probably won't do anything about it. The Costco warehouses typically don't do any ordering of merchandise themselves, that is done through a regional office.

There are so many reasons why one Costco might have something that another one doesn't. It could be a regional thing, or they might have tried it at that warehouse at one point and it didn't sell. Or in the case of the one I work at, it could be a smaller Costco and they just don't have room for everything.

But if there is enough demand, the warehouse manager might be able to make it happen by calling up one of our buyers and say something along the lines of "hey, I've gotten a lot of requests for so and so item, any chance I can get it in my store?"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Do you rotate who has Gas Station Attendant duties? Is is considered an easy or lovely post?

If you have been the Gas Station Attendant, how many accidents have you seen?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Do you rotate who has Gas Station Attendant duties? Is is considered an easy or lovely post?

If you have been the Gas Station Attendant, how many accidents have you seen?

The gas station is a department just like any other department at Costco. They have a small staff of employees who go out there every day and do what they do. As for whether it's a good or a lovely position to be in? Well, I guess it depends on the person. For most people, including me, it entirely depends on the weather. But it is a boring job. I intentionally never got myself recertified to work at the gas station because pretty much all you do is walk around and make sure no one does anything that could potentially start a fire. The most I've ever done at the gas station was cover for breaks and lunches, but I actually liked it when it was cold and snowy outside because then I could keep busy by grabbing a shovel and getting rid of all the snow that piles up. But some people like just standing around and having very little responsibility, so for them it's a good gig.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Nothing but pity for heretics who are depressed by Costco and sardines, weak troll attempt or otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please... how do I get a red Costco hat?

Asking for a friend

this but a forklift and for me