Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

My current theory is the Sheriff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Doesn't Betty have an older brother?

My money is on him.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
It’s Jughead’s English Teacher

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Almost certainly.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Along with the librarian from last episode (she was acting weird, would know about Betty's Nancy Drew knowledge, and that would explain the handwriting discrepancies).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Season 1 had a sequence about every other episode where I just couldn't believe how great and crazy it was, this season it feels like every episode has one and this episode had three. This show is loving bonkers.

Also I really do think the show has gotten a bit better at juggling all these plotlines and characters despite the fact that there are even more of both this season than 1.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I think a big part of is having Archie in on the craziness better, as opposed to "everyone else is investigating a murder and a missing expecting mother while Archie prepares for a talent show."

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I think the latest episode is the first one that wasn't 'so dumb it's good' but just plain good. Lili Reinhart. :stare:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Shneak posted:

'so dumb it's good'

I still think every time they break out the pixie stix makes an episode this by default.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Zerilan posted:

I still think every time they break out the pixie stix makes an episode this by default.

I also forgot about Alice Cooper entering a scene snake necklace first to an Imagine Dragons song that had no follow-up.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Shneak posted:

I also forgot about Alice Cooper entering a scene snake necklace first to an Imagine Dragons song that had no follow-up.

I totally forgot about that. God I love this stupid crazy show.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Shneak posted:

I felt the date rapist getting the poo poo kicked out of him by the Pussycats was a high point as well. The Serpents should subcontract initiations to them.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, the Death Proof-esque boot stomping of that Gossip Girl reject ruled. One of my favourite scenes in the series.

It's definitely been a really good thing for season 2 that Archie is involved more with the main plot. It helps that KJ Apa is surprisingly good when they actually give him some interesting poo poo to do.

I'm also a big fan of the fact that bonkers poo poo happens every episode and you can be sure the very next episode one character will say "Wait, what the hell happened?!"

Next week's episode does a good job of playing directly off of this week's, bringing Jughead's plotline a little closer to the main one and actually giving Cheryl something to do.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Nick St. Clair, huh. That's digging deep for references (although it wouldn't be the first time Sacasa's referenced him). Nick's from an obscure Archie _book_, "Bad News Boyfriend", that came out years ago; he was Veronica's new boyfriend who was basically a much tamer and relatively kid-friendly version of a Serpent; I don't remember the details but it involved Betty intentionally breaking them up by letting Veronica see Nick make a play for her.

Then he came back in the comics like 15 years later, reformed and feeling bad about being bad :v:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Betty tho

This season is great. Kevin and Cheryl spinoff show when

e: seconding the guess it's Betty's half brother or smth
e2: also seconding the teacher guess tbh
e3: o god i just got to alice's party entrance, madchen amick has been my show MVP from day one also how is this episode not over yet
e4: oh now the pussycats are butchering RENT

esperterra fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 10, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Madchen Amick is amazing and I wish she had more to do. She, Fred and Cheryl have been sidelined a bit thanks to the new characters and Archie getting his due.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

No seriously the visceral reaction I'm having to this cover is painful.

And a former Pussycat has pulled it off much better in the past ....

e: ^^ agreed, and I don't think Alice has served anyone pie this season and it makes me sad

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Just caught up on this season, and I'm pretty into it. Weirdly enough, I think my favorite development so far is Dilton Doiley, Teenage Arms Dealer (and Probable Psychopath). I love that he's in Archie's gang even though he has zero connection to the football team. I'm pretty sure he just turned up to the first meeting like "I was told there was violence brewing and I want in." :getin:

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

LesterGroans posted:

Madchen Amick is amazing and I wish she had more to do. She, Fred and Cheryl have been sidelined a bit thanks to the new characters and Archie getting his due.

Fortunately the season is longer this time so there's more time for her to get her spotlight.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If the half brother theory ends up being true, I'm sure we'll get plenty of Alice later. Either way I'm hoping she comes more to the forefront once we hit the boiling point for Betty's storyline.

That whole serpent reveal should bring us some glorious Amick bounty in coming eps, too.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Shneak posted:

Seriously. She’s a limited actor, but works the steely glaze pretty well. Reminds me of her role in Gossip Girl as the duchess.

Oh this loving show. I love it. I think Betty is my favourite now. Wonder if her hair is now on the black hood, and DNA evidence will frame her as the murderer.

I like that Cheryl was yelling about pressing charges. Far too many teen shows have rapey characters that are let off lightly. Again, see Gossip Girl.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Lord Krangdar posted:

Fortunately the season is longer this time so there's more time for her to get her spotlight.

I keep forgetting we're getting a full network season. I wonder if they're gonna split it up into 2 stories, wrapping up the Black Hood stuff up halfway through.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

LesterGroans posted:

I keep forgetting we're getting a full network season. I wonder if they're gonna split it up into 2 stories, wrapping up the Black Hood stuff up halfway through.

I hope so, either that or have Black Hood lead into something bigger for the back half. I've been worried about the longer order stretching stuff out, Riverdale feels like a 100 to me where they just need a short season to burn through plot at the speed of light.

But I hope they surprise me!

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I just really enjoyed the fact that the first initiation trial was a shaggy dog story involving a shaggy dog.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was not prepared for that Alice Cooper scene.

Like, whoa.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Shneak posted:

Alice Cooper entering.....had no follow-up.

But seriously though.

Zach/Cody implied that a lot of stuff gets cut but this really seemed like a set up for something. They at least didn't make a big enough deal of her not coming/being afraid to justify that scene. Seemed out of place.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Sgt. Politeness posted:

But seriously though.

Zach/Cody implied that a lot of stuff gets cut but this really seemed like a set up for something. They at least didn't make a big enough deal of her not coming/being afraid to justify that scene. Seemed out of place.

Yeah, it felt like there was a scene missing between her and Hal where he implied she shouldn't come.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I love this show, it's pure CW in its most ludicrous form.

also, my current theory about The Hood is that the guy loving with Betty isn't The Hood, but is piggybacking on what The Hood is doing to control Betty. because the caller is Betty's dad, BUT Betty's dad isn't The Hood. That would be Jughead's English teacher. BAM. I HAVE SOLVED EVERYTHING.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My wife’s theory is that it’s Mr. and Mrs. Cooper. They’re doing it to destroy the south side, possibly because of something they did to Alice in the past (she’s taking the burn on her own history to avoid scrutiny) and also get their daughter to behave. How else would they know about her kiddy code thing, or about Polly being at the farm, or how they were both at work?

I like the English teacher and creepy librarian myself.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Uhhhhh, can Cheryl wear that drag race outfit...forever?

Also I'd say kudos to everybody who guessed Sheriff as Hood but now that he's the MOST obvious suspect...it clearly can't be him. But who else has access to the holding cells?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is there a district attorney on this show?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Was kind of annoyed this week's episode wasn't called Searching for Sugarman.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"Careful you don't get burned again." :laffo:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I just caught up and wow Betty is too good for this show.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Aw man. Is there gonna be another episode next week?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
New episodes air on November 26th and December 6th. Then it's on hiatus until January 17th.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SilentChaz posted:

New episodes air on November 26th and December 6th. Then it's on hiatus until January 17th.

November 30th, December 7th and December 14th is what Netflix tells me. So technically 29, 6, 14 b/c it goes up at midnight in Canada.

Three more episodes before the hiatus, seems like.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

esperterra posted:

November 30th, December 7th and December 14th is what Netflix tells me. So technically 29, 6, 14 b/c it goes up at midnight in Canada.

Three more episodes before the hiatus, seems like.

I was going by IMDB for air dates. Checking other sites, there's conflicting information as to whether or not an episode will air December 13th. It would make sense to air it in December, since it's titled Silent Night, Deadly Night and who would want to watch a Christmas-themed episode in January? :v:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Im a lil mad they wrote out sexual predator ms grundy, the most unhinged adaptation of any character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Man, this episode is great so far. Zombie deer, loving Tony Todd, and weird militant drug dealer granny. poo poo got real weird real quick.

• Locked thread