Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jackie D posted:

Where the hell is Pentagon going?

to a promotion that actually pays him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

DARIO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the LU and AAA contracts are separate so it shouldn't matter if someone quit AAA and hasn't mattered in the past but also they need to poo poo or get off the pot with a season 4 and either announce one or close up shop because locking these guys down indefinitely and never running shows to pay them is hosed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I was going to say, for the people who are locked up for 7 seasons they're basically screwed if a cancellation is never announced

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I thought they specifically said they had funding for season 4 and it just wasn't as much as before.

Also the three way match for the gauntlet is MOTYC for me. It wasn't the technical mastery of Medical Evac or Puma vs. Mundo or anything but god what a fun loving match. That is the most fun I've had watching wrestling since like Aztec Warfare 2.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
Paul London had mentioned that, but no official announcement yet, so who knows? If that deal was in place, it's silly they wouldn't make that known at the end of the episode tonight.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dragon Azteca Jr. died for our sins

https://twitter.com/TypeAndrew/status/920805378358591488

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The whole night was pure gold. God bless Ricochet and all the work he did, but the hype from Pentagon Dark finally winning was too strong.

The last hour of the show was just excellent. I'd love a season 4, but if LU can't continue, well, that's one hell of a high to finish on.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah if there's never a new season they wrapped it up pretty well. RIP Jefe

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
I hope Ricochet re-signs and comes back for S4 as Helios.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
we didn't even get a shot of the maybe immortal police chief at the finale, booooo

also, did Dario say "Papa" when he was gutshot? (I wanted the bullet to deflect off his bull statue, do some coke, and then beat up Godfrey)

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Closed captioning thinks he said Puma

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I thought I heard "Hijo" coming from the voice on the phone so Dario may have been calling his dad. I was also very tired so take it with a grain of salt

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Mob posted:

Closed captioning thinks he said Puma

Chris DeJoseph said the closed captioning was wrong. He also liked a tweet saying "He said papa, right?", so presumably the line was papa.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So the last episode is worth picking up on itunes?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

So the last episode is worth picking up on itunes?

Yes. Also the first episode with the hell of war match because it was amazing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Vampiro's done a valuable service by corralling literally every terrible common wrestling fan argument into one post.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

should be pointed out dave did not write the recap for ultima lucha on the observer front page

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I am unironically glad for the good things Vampiro has done for this show but lol.

The twist that he's still backing Pentagon doesn't merit a mention because it doesn't make an ounce of sense and it's going to be on the writers to rehabilitate it. Like, it's a pretty good save for what would otherwise be just a story of one of your top talents leaving, but don't get a big head over it, Vamp.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vampiro has always had a big head. He is at Hogan levels when it comes to working himself.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I read that whole post in Vampiro's Canadian Juggalo voice and couldn't stop smiling

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vampiro is probably the character I hated the most on the entire show. His weird SM dungeon, bro, his drug habit that he overcome but then didn't, bro, but instead developed some sort of split personality between announcer and dungeon bitch, bro, the pointless make-up that for some reason got shittier as the season went on, bro. And then this weird and stupid swerve at the end. Bro.

Then again at least he never was as bad as Striker at commentary.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vamp's character peaked when he came out dressed as a zombie pope for his match with Pentagon

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I am unironically glad for the good things Vampiro has done for this show but lol.

The twist that he's still backing Pentagon doesn't merit a mention because it doesn't make an ounce of sense and it's going to be on the writers to rehabilitate it. Like, it's a pretty good save for what would otherwise be just a story of one of your top talents leaving, but don't get a big head over it, Vamp.

If you want to "Pro Wrestling" it a bit...the Vampiro/Pentagon twist does make sense, even without the reveal of Vamp's master. Vamp is the master, Pentagon defeats Vampiro and declares himself to be the master now. Vamp betrays Puma when he's up against Pentagon because Pentagon is above him/the master now. The meta thing there is that Vamp/Pentagon/Vamp's master - who, thematically, looks like Pentagon is another side in the war of the gods. Death, probably. So, they took a hero, Puma, off the board and the championship is on their guy.

As i'm rewatching part 4, I missed the great character work by Matanza. The moment he gets in the cage, he locks on to Melissa and the ref in a " I was told to destroy what was in the cage. I am in the cage. I will destroy these" way and Dario has to use the key to break his focus on them.

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 20, 2017

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Benne posted:

Vamp's character peaked when he came out dressed as a zombie pope for his match with Pentagon

ever since he's been a spoopy Uncle Fester from some Georgia "extreme" haunted house

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I keep just thinking back to the Pentagon Dark vs Prince Puma match. Puma, by all means, did the most heroic good-hearted match in the history of Lucha Underground. He was the definition of a hero and stopped the most 'hated' villain of the show. Pentagon Dark steps in, with nothing to lose while Puma has to risk it all, AGAIN, and the crowd (and myself) explode for Dark. Puma looks back, teary-eyed and broken at the end as he steps away from the temple for the last time, and we're singing CERO MIEDO.

It's so fascinating to me just how over Pentagon was in the LU crowd. For good reason, but drat, even Effectively And Permanently Killing Puma Forever Via Cheapish Tactics And Interference wasn't enough to put a dent in the crowd's love for Pentagon Dark winning a title. I love this.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I keep just thinking back to the Pentagon Dark vs Prince Puma match. Puma, by all means, did the most heroic good-hearted match in the history of Lucha Underground. He was the definition of a hero and stopped the most 'hated' villain of the show. Pentagon Dark steps in, with nothing to lose while Puma has to risk it all, AGAIN, and the crowd (and myself) explode for Dark. Puma looks back, teary-eyed and broken at the end as he steps away from the temple for the last time, and we're singing CERO MIEDO.

It's so fascinating to me just how over Pentagon was in the LU crowd. For good reason, but drat, even Effectively And Permanently Killing Puma Forever Via Cheapish Tactics And Interference wasn't enough to put a dent in the crowd's love for Pentagon Dark winning a title. I love this.

I was just telling my fiance about that. How the story was supposed to be Puma overcoming overwhelming odds, and the crowd being happy, to Puma getting betrayed and having it all taken away, and the crowd being sad/angry and wanting someone to avenge him. And then the crowd figured out what was happening, and no one gave a poo poo about that story anymore, they wanted Pentagon to beat the poo poo out of Puma. Technically, evil won, and the crowd loved every second of it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Pentagon is one of the most charismatic wrestlers today. He just has that intangible sort of presence. I bought a shirt from him at a local indie show and even though he was just standing there in street clothes I was in awe.

He wrestled Cody Rhodes in a very good match and the crowd was hot as gently caress. His chops and kicks sound like loving gunshots, everyone in the crowd was wowed and cheering like crazy for him.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So Pentagon Dark is like Lucha Hulk Hogan?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

So Pentagon Dark is like Lucha Hulk Hogan?

Nah, Vampiro is Lucha Hulk Hogan, especially the Inflated Ego part. If anything, Pentagon Dark is Lucha Stone Cold.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A good read about a long season:

https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/924127930858344450

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Finally caught up after being out of the country for a couple weeks. It's a shame that the company lost all momentum because Ultima Lucha was really good this year, if a bit deathmatchy. That DDT onto the skewers made me jump out of my skin.

Glad my dude Penta finally got the belt (:laffo: at them dragging rear end until the final episode ever), but needing so much to beat a dead rear end tired Puma with a broken arm was a bit much.

I really hope that the writers eventually release what the season 4 plan was going to be so we at least get to know who the real master is and whether Catrina is an old ghost or a super old ghost.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/929045968187637761

https://twitter.com/smFISHMAN/status/929049051429068801

rovert fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 10, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow. Good for them.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:woop:

YAAAAAAAAAAS I'm so happy. Be better this season.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is a most pleasant surprise. Now what the gently caress do they do without Dario?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Benne posted:

This is a most pleasant surprise. Now what the gently caress do they do without Dario?

You say that like no-one has ever risen from the dead in that show. Plus, my guess is he's not actually dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope Vampiro brings him back and we get Dario Dark

• Locked thread