Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
The Mets - my dad moved to New York from India in 1968 right before the the 1969 miracle Mets and he still talks about that poo poo all the time.

On a sidenote, I'm at a conference in Austin right now. I have seen infinity Astros shirts/hats etc.. and zero Longhorns anything. This owns. I love having bandwagon fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

fast cars loose anus posted:

I kind of want to make a av with the trophy in it but I'd never turn down a Chirurgeon Springer av

One time when I was very young I went on a cubs scout trip to Houston; we got to go to the Astrodome field and Biggio and Bagwell talked to us. Such a long time waiting then til now.

DONE!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Beautiful, thank you!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/abc13houston/status/928390547571662848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2F

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Y'all - I need a fix. Please post some Astros playoff highlight videos. I'm in dire need.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Sab0921 posted:

Y'all - I need a fix. Please post some Astros playoff highlight videos. I'm in dire need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsEuTYbDRwE

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Ur banned

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Okay now show me some lowlights

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Sab0921 posted:

Here you go friendo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjngPW6XVvI

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFXk0zeff8

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So, so worth it.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Everyone should listen to this at least once a day.

https://sports790.iheart.com/featured/the-josh-innes-show/content/2017-11-02-steve-sparks-world-series-clubhouse-celebration/

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

MIKE FIERS....has a MUSTACHE!!! AND THEY NEVER LOST!!!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

It's good that they de-modded you. In my head, this home run was still on its way up and hit the glass. After watching (for the first time in 12 years - I never once saw a highlight of this and the only time I've ever seen it was at the drat ballpark), it's good to know Springer's game 5 bomb was harder hit than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFNS0xIBv3c

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
We shouldn't forget good regular season games either

This was when I first went "poo poo we might have a team that can do it this year"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAx1enSHBhw

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Has anyone received orders from MLB.com yet? Still waiting on my hat and WS champs fleece (the last one is probably stupid, but don't give a gently caress).

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Has anyone received orders from MLB.com yet? Still waiting on my hat and WS champs fleece (the last one is probably stupid, but don't give a gently caress).

Oh yeah man. I got my hat and shirt about 4 days or so after I ordered it back on Nov. 2nd.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Carlos Beltran goes out on top.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/carlos-beltran-astros-retirement/

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

MrMidnight posted:

Oh yeah man. I got my hat and shirt about 4 days or so after I ordered it back on Nov. 2nd.

I ordered my stuff on the 4th and it still shows as "NEW" status so I guess there was a big glut between the 2nd and then

Beltran article was cool

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Carlos Beltran should go in as an Astro.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

fast cars loose anus posted:

I ordered my stuff on the 4th and it still shows as "NEW" status so I guess there was a big glut between the 2nd and then

Beltran article was cool

Same - I want my super cool gold bill trophy hat.

They don't sell them at the Minute Maid Team Store.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Sab0921 posted:

I still haven't received the Verlander jersey I ordered, but I'm expecting it to arrive this week.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Apparently Jay Bruce wants to be either an Astro or Ranger and also wants to play for a contender (so he wants to be an Astro)

I don't know that I would even want him personally. You get similar or better production out of Marwin, but he can also play any infield position and will be cheaper, and you have Tucker waiting in the wings to fill out the outfield either next season or in 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Yeah, I'm not sure it makes sense for us to pick up that contract when we're almost bursting at the seams with capable OFs.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

Apparently Jay Bruce wants to be either an Astro or Ranger and also wants to play for a contender (so he wants to be an Astro)

I don't know that I would even want him personally. You get similar or better production out of Marwin, but he can also play any infield position and will be cheaper, and you have Tucker waiting in the wings to fill out the outfield either next season or in 2019

DH?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe if he were cheap. He could platoon with Gattis to give a lefty/righty option, but it couldn't be too expensive or too many years

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

Maybe if he were cheap. He could platoon with Gattis to give a lefty/righty option, but it couldn't be too expensive or too many years

Supposedly he's asking for $80-90 mil on a 5 year contract

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Haha gently caress no

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jay Bruce seems like a worthless signing...don't even bother.

I'm not sure we need anything on offense, or even rotation wise. We need bullpen, period.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

We need a DH, but I'm not sure anyone is out there worth signing that's better than the internal options except for super expensive dudes like JD Martinez

DH, LHRP, and Wade Davis

e: Wonder what Moustakas would cost

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 14, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Keuchel, I guess.

DONE!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Excellent. Now I just need some text...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Keuchel's K Korner

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Hey TheChirurgeon, just re-requesting Bregman when you get the opportunity. Thanks!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

ComposerGuy posted:

Hey TheChirurgeon, just re-requesting Bregman when you get the opportunity. Thanks!

Sure. I'm doing them in order, so b0ng is next

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

b0ng, please forgive me for my sins.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Sab0921 posted:

Same - I want my super cool gold bill trophy hat.

They don't sell them at the Minute Maid Team Store.

Mine came today!

TheChirurgeon posted:

If you are still taking requests, I'd love a devo avatar. Especially if you could do him wearing this hat:

Edit: looks like I was beat to requesting devo. Oh well, go Astros!

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 14, 2017

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Best news I’ve heard all week!

Sab0921 posted:

b0ng, please forgive me for my sins.

We are all World Series champion fans friend.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well I've been talked out of Wade Davis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Well I've been talked out of Wade Davis

Wait, how? Do you prefer Greg Holland?

• Locked thread