Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/aicnanime/status/928266390393446400

A bold new direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I've never thought about getting a tattoo, but that Armin might tempt me.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

DaveKap posted:

Can someone explain to me wtf that scene with the cart titan lady hugging that dude was all about?

That panel gave me some serious "Reiner gets crushed by the Female Titan" vibes. Pieck running up and hugging the guy let her get close enough to whisper something to him. She might have been suspicious about the person she and Porco were following after quizzing him about the beard (which might be fake) and decided to warn her comrade in a way that wouldn't alert the guard leading them into a trap.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 8, 2017

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

So this is what the S2 opening was hinting to.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I keep forgetting Ymir is dead :smith:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

PaganGoatPants posted:

If she recognized fancy beard guy, she might've done it to get a message out.
Okay, that's what I thought, I just didn't get the context around it since I didn't recognize any of those characters. Makes sense, thanks all!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pyrotoad posted:

I remember and I cry for the death of the best couple in this manga.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

At last, the AoT/TerraFormars crossover we all privately longed for.

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

In It For The Tank posted:

That panel gave me some serious "Reiner gets crushed by the Female Titan" vibes. Pieck running up and hugging the guy let her get close enough to whisper something to him. She might have been suspicious about the person she and Porco were following after quizzing him about the beard (which might be fake) and decided to warn her comrade in a way that wouldn't alert the guard leading them into a trap.

I took it as (and am probably wrong): the Marleyan soldiers are typically shaved, and Jean (if that's Jean), just like Eren has been away from Paradis Island for some time and hasn't had the means to shave? So cart girl notices the beard which is out of place, then probably recognizes the face.

Or it could just simply be he grew it to try and disguise himself, but she saw through it anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pyrotoad posted:

It wasn't actually shown so I wouldn't assume it's 100% true.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

doesn't someone else have the jaw titan now

because she has to have been eaten by that person for that to work

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Fister Roboto posted:

They show her chained up on a platform in a fashion very similar to the Reiss sacrifice ceremony, as Porco talks about how he hasn't seen his brother's memories but he has seen hers.

She's dead.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

They haven't explicitly shown porco chomping down on ymir. However, they've shown ymir chomping marcel ~10 times so far, and we know porco has his power now. Nothing about the rules established in universe would indicate anything other than porco eating ymir, and i think that would kill her.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
If there are Eldian ghettos in other nations, why do the 9 powers only reincarnate in the Marleyan ghetto. :thunk:

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

The answer is that it does not.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea they've been carefully feeding previous titan shifters to new ones for ages

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The other nations probably keep their Eldians alive just for the chance that one of the shifters dies without getting nom'd so it can reincarnate in their nation. Marley ain't about to let that happen.

Also, how the frig have the titan powers stayed separate for so long? Surely if you're one of the nine titan shifter families you would be all about nom'ing one of the other eight to take their power.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Captain Cappy posted:

The other nations probably keep their Eldians alive just for the chance that one of the shifters dies without getting nom'd so it can reincarnate in their nation. Marley ain't about to let that happen.

Also, how the frig have the titan powers stayed separate for so long? Surely if you're one of the nine titan shifter families you would be all about nom'ing one of the other eight to take their power.

If a family pulled something like that off it seems to me like the kind of thing that would instantly get the remaining seven families to instantly turn on them and destroy them completely. Letting one of the remaining families consume the powers would just exacerbate the situation, so it's possible they'd just let the powers reincarnate and promote some new families to replace the old.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Our maybe they didn't think you can combine powers. Eren's dad did out of desperation and got two titan powers into one.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Come on, as if Mr. Important Family, the Asians, and Paradise Island aren't working together on this

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

maybe they separate again when the person dies

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Bilirubin posted:

Come on, as if Mr. Important Family, the Asians, and Paradise Island aren't working together on this

Seems that way, my friend said he thinks some of the stage actors are the scouting regiment, one looks an awful lot like Levi and another could be Jean maybe. Would possibly explain why all of their faces are obscured or blindfolded.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

cuntman.net posted:

maybe they separate again when the person dies

They don't. Grisha chomped the Attack Titan (from Eren Krueger) and the Founding Titan (from Frida Reiss). Both went to Eren after he ate his father.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think he meant if they die of natural causes

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Gantolandon posted:

They don't. Grisha chomped the Attack Titan (from Eren Krueger) and the Founding Titan (from Frida Reiss). Both went to Eren after he ate his father.
We know that Titan-shifters have greatly reduced lives, but my suspicion is that the more Titan powers you have, the shorter your lifespan. This would prevent anyone from controlling all of them for more than a year or two.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eren would have died by now if you had a shorter lifespan from multiple titan powers. remember that he's had both the attack and founding titan for just as long as reiner's had the armor titan

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Squidster posted:

We know that Titan-shifters have greatly reduced lives, but my suspicion is that the more Titan powers you have, the shorter your lifespan. This would prevent anyone from controlling all of them for more than a year or two.

Grisha was in the thirteenth year of his tenure when he had Eren eat him, so your theory doesn't fly.

Manatee Cannon posted:

eren would have died by now if you had a shorter lifespan from multiple titan powers. remember that he's had both the attack and founding titan for just as long as reiner's had the armor titan

Actually, Eren got his power two years later than Marley's shifters.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Aumanor posted:

Grisha was in the thirteenth year of his tenure when he had Eren eat him, so your theory doesn't fly.

Do we have any idea how long Grisha had the founder's power? I thought he didn't go after it until after the walls were breached, so he wouldn't have had it long enough for it to effect his lifespan.

That said, I doubt having multiple powers would shorten it further. It seems like unnecessary drama for a series with genocide.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
Didn't Grisha attack the Reiss family after the shifters attacked? He probably only had the founding titan for as long as it took him to get back to Eren afterwards.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Didn't Grisha attack the Reiss family after the shifters attacked? He probably only had the founding titan for as long as it took him to get back to Eren afterwards.

Yeah, I thought the entire reason he wasn't there when his wife died was because he had gone on that trip to go eat the founding titan. Then he came back, turned eren into a titan and got eaten himself.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmoyUF_rCBE

Annie's OVA promo.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So... The leaks are coming through. Nothing concrete yet, barely two pages of the raw and a synopsis from a guy who's seena couple more.

There is already some interesting stuff in there, though. First and foremost, remember how we've been wondering if over those four years Eren has perhaps learned how to chill out a bit? Well, this chapter answers that question with a resounding LOL, NOPE, Eren transforms right loving there in the basement and smashes the stage. Falco's and Reiner's fate is currently unknown.

E: Korean raws are out.

HOLY gently caress, EREN. So, the Willy guy probably wasn't the WH titan, because he's now very dead, as are a lot of people who were above Eren when he cool-aid manned out of that builing. And the debris is falling onto the audience at pretty high velocities. Eren's not making any friends right now, that's for sure.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 6, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No need for leaks, raws appear to have already been released since Korean scans are out.

Link for people who can't wait for English.

http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/XFNC-Yd8BF4

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

ON THAT DAY

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm really glad this managed to time out to chapter 100, because goddamn.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This is probably a premature thing to say since I can't real Hangul, but I'm kinda disappointed. I was hoping we'd get to find out what exactly the gameplan is other than... the obvious part of it.

That being said, the way that he apparently waited for a literal declaration of war before making his move makes has made me relieved in the "Please don't just be doing some harebrained revenge poo poo Eren" department

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Let me be the first to say...

:circlefap::killing::fuckoff::getin::circlefap:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
The first translations are in(typeset in progress) and they seem to be putting what's happening in new light. Seems to me like Eren might be setting himself up as the fall guy. Now that Billy has declared him to be the one true enemy , once he's gone Marley loses their justification for invading Paradis. Or something.

Like I wrote, typeset in progress. The rest of the translation is in the reddit thread.
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 6, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Aumanor posted:

The first translations are in(typeset in progress) and they seem to be putting what's happening in new light. Seems to me like Eren might be setting himself up as the fall guy. Now that Billy has declared him to be the one true enemy , once he's gone Marley loses their justification for invading Paradis. Or something.

that's not the full chapter fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's not the full chapter fyi

The other half