Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
#mma on synirc has a strict no kevens rule. if your name is keven and you're not the churd champ, then stay out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
suck me dick you idiots

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
has lowtax given like an eta of when he has to close down the forums and get divorced again and sell his children or just "soon" because honestly, i think it's just time

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
When he runs out of video cards to sell, maybe

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

jase1 posted:

If I️ bought these forums I would immediately ban I️.N.R.I️ and make him pay 10 bucks to rereg.

I️ would seriously buy these forums if it was a valid option and just leave it as it is. This place has brought me so much entertainment it would be worth it.

Lowtax ain't letting poo poo go and expects a free business plan on paper just to speak. So...yeah. I hear you, but that guy isn't really friendly.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
its surprising he didnt want to take you on as a business partner lmao

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

#mma on synirc has a strict no kevens rule. if your name is keven and you're not the churd champ, then stay out

:lol:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Skip My Posts posted:

its surprising he didnt want to take you on as a business partner lmao

Buying something isn't becoming partners. But gently caress that derail.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Never accept an imitator for the Churd Champ Chairman.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

insane amount of shade being thrown on lowtax itt.... would be a shame if someone reported it....

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hollandia posted:

Danaher has said some pretty crazy poo poo about GSP's weight during the camp, sounds like it was rough. Seems less and less likely he'll defend the belt.

V Needed a chance to edit on my phone because Danaher writes goddamn novels. Also huge grain of salt etc etc. V

Is Danaher leaving it open to interpretation that GSP had anxiety about fighting again?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Low Tax isn't perfect but he's the guy whos made this forums for over 20 years and I respect that.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The thought of SA shutting down makes me feel miserable and sad.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
mod mod moddin' on heaven's for'ms

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Low Tax isn't perfect but he's the guy whos made this forums for over 20 years and I respect that.

Everyone acts like they're so smart but if they were, they would have invented having forums about irony

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

"Cody listens to a day's worth of his own words."

"Out of context."

I want to believe.

Wow, we've come a long way with 3D rendering since the Nintendo 64

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

mod mod moddin' on heaven's for'ms

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Best Friends posted:

Everyone acts like they're so smart but if they were, they would have invented having forums about irony

everyone is a genius for making billions on the internet now, but let me tell you about a guy who made 10 grand in 2002

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
There's one thing we can all agree on: the internet is exactly the same as it was in 1999

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

The thought of SA shutting down makes me feel miserable and sad.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

There's one thing we can all agree on: the internet is exactly the same as it was in 1999

I'll make the BBS

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

IDGI, large boards do server upgrade and/or hosting donation drives all the time. It shouldn't be that hard, the community is probably large enough to pay for it. Right now Lowtax is just explaining how he's lost money, and people aren't paying enough anymore. He also put up new things in the shop and asked people to buy shirts and whatnot. Which is fine, that probably helps too, but he just needs to be really clear, specific, and put the donation cup out.

"SA costs $X/month, so I need $3X every 3 months. Here's a link to donate, we'll have a cute little fundraising thermometer to show progress, but I need it to reach $3X by the end of March, or we'll have to think about making some big changes." Maybe give perks to people who donate a decent amount, perks to people who set up a monthly subscription, etc. I've seen this happen a lot of places, and if the community is large enough and cares enough, then it works, you just simply have to ask.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 10, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If he made it $10 a year I'd pay $10/year.

Honestly, I get more entertainment out of SA than Netflix or Fightpass, but I don't think I could convince myself to pay $10/month for a shitpost forum.

E. he should add a $2 "give custom title" function which doesn't override the titles and avs. That poo poo would sell gangbusters.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CommonShore posted:

If he made it $10 a year I'd pay $10/year.

Honestly, I get more entertainment out of SA than Netflix or Fightpass, but I don't think I could convince myself to pay $10/month for a shitpost forum.

yeah, a lot of people won't pay poo poo, which is fine. But there's got to be a few whale goons with more money than brains who will make it rain on Lowtax if their forum is about to go under.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Everyone is talking about ordering groceries online, and people are making insane money to code a website that lets you cool your dog (???)

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

has lowtax given like an eta of when he has to close down the forums and get divorced again and sell his children or just "soon" because honestly, i think it's just time

Isn’t there there a goon in the Kansas City area that can give him a 40k/year do nothing office job?

eric fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 10, 2017

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Rigel posted:

"SA costs $X/month, so I need $3X every 3 months. Here's a link to donate, we'll have a cute little fundraising thermometer to show progress, but I need it to reach $3X by the end of March, or we'll have to think about making some big changes." Maybe give perks to people who donate a decent amount, perks to people who set up a monthly subscription, etc. I've seen this happen a lot of places, and if the community is large enough and cares enough, then it works, you just simply have to ask.
I'd contribute to that. On a per hour basis SA is absolutely the best entertainment choice I've ever paid for. I've been posting on these forums for fourteen years for like $50? I wouldn't mind a good way to give back. I'm an adult though so I don't want to buy a stupid shirt.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I would have bought a shirt but they are all very ugly or dorky or in most cases both. What do you guys think about an aldo Holloway rematch?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gay Horney posted:

I would have bought a shirt but they are all very ugly or dorky or in most cases both. What do you guys think about an aldo Holloway rematch?

I'm against it because it'll cost me an opportunity to see Aldo live in Winnipeg.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So, Conor McGregor just attacked Marc Goddard at a Bellator event in Ireland. https://twitter.com/ufcinsiders/status/929061902570975232

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'd be furious too if I attended a Charlie Ward fight and it didn't end in him getting creatively knocked out by his opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmRGMtm4Jl4

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 10, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
you guys think conor does blow or nah

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/conor-mcgregor-jumps-cage-at-bellator-187-confronts-referee-marc-goddard
Here's the long cifro

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo he went straight at him to push him. Guess he is still upset Goddard told him to shut up at the Lobov fight.

Conor gonna Conor apparently.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Also in the chaos in that first video when he went after Marc he pushed over the fighter who had just been knocked out.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Conor heard Dana say the one thing you absolutely can't do is put your hands on a ref

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This shouldn't come as a surprise, Conor has been mentally prepared to fight a referee since his Aldo instagram post

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
We're not here to take part just kidding

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

It's not over, he also got up on the cage and smacked a commissioner for the event. https://twitter.com/mmamaddale/status/929078380967940096

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 10, 2017

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I wish a multi millionaire would assault me on camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I tell ya what, this Conor fella is a dumbass

• Locked thread