Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
By request and because the first day is promising to turn out pretty hilariously.

Now someone else do an N/V thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A&M is looking really good and/or WVU is looking really bad

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We could probably just make this the Nov/Dec thread I'd imagine.

This Kentucky game is probably going to get un-interesting really fast.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kentucky woke up but they were down 9 at the half. Which is fine they're young I'm more concerned they only managed 23 points.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Are they doing a 24 hour thing this year?

I enjoyed getting to watch Hawaii play whoever at 4 AM one year when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A&M was at one point down 13 in the first half and now leads by 29

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue has given up 12 offensive rebounds but only 17 points.

Meanwhile, lol IU. Indiana State is up 25 with 10 to go.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue has given up 12 offensive rebounds but only 17 points.

Meanwhile, lol IU. Indiana State is up 25 with 10 to go.

I feel bad for Archie. Already in the hot seat.

WHAT A SHOT FROM CARSEN EDWARDS.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

A&M was at one point down 13 in the first half and now leads by 29

I didn't realize A&M was ranked, but even if I did I wouldn't have expected a complete blowout vs WVU.

e: Based on 15 minutes of watching them it seems like Kentucky's half court offense kind of sucks, but lord help you if you let them get in transition.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 11, 2017

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Wisconsin looked really good :hellyeah:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Carsen Edwards rules

https://twitter.com/BoilerBall/status/929164276161499146

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

They unveiled a statue of Norm Stewart outside Mizzou Arena today, which they should have done years ago.

Now go win a game.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Good to see Jaquil Taylor out there for Purdue. Didn’t think he’d be healthy. :unsmith:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Today is my birthday.

Rock chalk.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Today is my birthday.

Rock chalk.

Happy birthday to you.

Death to your team.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

Happy birthday to you.

Death to your team.

Same to you buddy. :)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know if they'll actually be good but holy poo poo this is so much more fun than anything in the last 4 years.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State hit triple digits and actually played some defense on occasion, was against a loving dreadful VMI team so not much more to say about it but showing some effort is a welcome change from most of the Gottfried years.

UVA was terrible against UNC-G but played good defense and Kyle Guy is set for a big year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh...Michael Porter Jr is icing his hip on the bench and has only played 2 minutes.

Good...good...I was in danger of having hope.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

I want to see what Matt Harmes for Purdue can do against legit competition. 7'3, can handle the ball and shoot. He's 5-5 from the floor with 2 blocks & steals against the lesser Southern Illinois tonight.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake just lost their opener to Georgia Southern, 85-83.

Jesus Christ our frontcourt got gutted worse than I could ever imagine.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wake just lost their opener to Georgia Southern, 85-83.

Jesus Christ our frontcourt got gutted worse than I could ever imagine.

On a purely pragmatic level, was happier to see Collins out of the ACC than just about any other player who could've gone.

On the other hand, a good Wake team probably means fewer Duke and UNC wins, so sad on that front.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

On a purely pragmatic level, was happier to see Collins out of the ACC than just about any other player who could've gone.

On the other hand, a good Wake team probably means fewer Duke and UNC wins, so sad on that front.

Honestly if Mitoglou hadn't also left, we'd probably have been at least okay. As it stands though, good Christ.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou waxing Iowa State but they still look like a young team that is gonna drop a game they should win at some point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou waxing Iowa State but they still look like a young team that is gonna drop a game they should win at some point.

I'm torn between thinking they're actually playing good D and noting that Iowa State is just ridiculously off tonight.

Also I'm officially :ohdear: as hell about MP Jr.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I’m seeing why Malik Newman was disappointing at Miss St. He’s gotta figure out how to play with intensity. Marcus Garrett second straight start.

Also Billy Preston skipped a class and no showed curfew. Someone got laid.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like this Wigginton guy for Iowa State, I feel like he's going to be really good eventually.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
MPJ being out for this game is probably good for the team in the long run. Learn how to play and win without him just in case.

Woof, 2016-17 Mizzou on the court now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m not watching the game, but apparently ISU can’t shoot for poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m not watching the game, but apparently ISU can’t shoot for poo poo.

Some of it is Missouri's height, they're hard to shoot over. But yeah, Iowa State is just missing a ton too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I needed bill walton back in my life

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Michigan struggling with North Florida on the second half is pretty funny.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Holy gently caress the Lobos are fast. 44 points in 10 minutes.

Edit: we are going to be the best under-.500 team ever.

74-35 first half

Edit2: On pace for 150

Edit 3: Got to 147 points off of 40 assists and 33 forced turnovers. We basically played full court press for 32 minutes, and never looked tired. Which means we'll get our rear end kicked in Wyoming and Boise.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 12, 2017

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue starting the 2nd half on a 28-3 run against Chicago St. So that's nice.

33-3.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 12, 2017

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Who knew a Purdue walkon would be the most electrifying man in sports entertainment

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Virginia Tech put up 66 against The Citadel tonight. Per half. Without our starting shooting guard. Far cry from making GBS threads the bed against cupcakes like we used to. :v:

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
We beat UT-martin by three, woot.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Igor Koulechov is on fire. He already has a nickname on campus. Everyone calls him 3gor.

Dude has 23 points in the first half.

I'm so glad basketball is back.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Austin Peay is real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is losing to something called saint peters????

• Locked thread