Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
An apocalypse is going on with the FBI going after a ton of programs for loving around in recruitment, but in the meantime, get excited about a lot of nonstop talk about Duke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Maryland Basketball Terrapins won their first game in what will be another season of profound disappointment.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress Duke

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

iospace posted:

gently caress Duke

That too. Forever and ever amen.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

That RJ Barrett dude from Canada committed to Duke.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chief McHeath posted:

That RJ Barrett dude from Canada committed to Duke.

Well gently caress him too

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
WVU got clownned, expectations are officially shook.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pubic works project posted:

Well gently caress him too

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Looks like Mizzou is BACK

plz be okay MPJ

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
N: Wake dropped to Georgia Southern in an 85-83 shocker.

V: This is a horrific loss, but the number of people essentially advocating for the firing of Danny Manning because of it is loving laughable. Guy loses his starting 4 and starting 5, one of which was a relative shocker, and struggles early in the following season? OUT OF TOWN ON A RAIL.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
N: SDSU thomped SDCC.

V: Expected. Excited to see how we look against ASU with a very new, very different team

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/929214386442444800?s=09

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

He's right, and Bill Walton owns.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bill Walton understands correctly Chairman Xi is going to make full weed communism happen for everyone, and it is every UCLA Bruin's purpose not to get in the way of that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm not saying I will say yes if Bill offered me a hit.

But I'm not saying I will say no.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

iospace posted:

gently caress Duke

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There's fire on the mountain.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol GJ you three loving morons, this could have been so much worse
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21370055/three-ucla-players-arrested-shoplifting-charges-fly-home-team

quote:

SHANGHAI -- The three UCLA men's basketball players arrested on shoplifting charges Tuesday will remain in Hangzhou and will not be on the team's flight back to Los Angeles after the Bruins' season-opening 63-60 win over Georgia Tech in Shanghai on Saturday, multiple sources told ESPN.

A source with firsthand knowledge of the investigation said the players could be in Hangzhou for "a week or two." The source also noted that there is surveillance footage of the players shoplifting from three stores inside of a high-end shopping center next to the team's hotel in Hangzhou, which houses Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Salvatore Ferragamo stores.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Good debut for Bagley, Ayton and Bamba. This draft class is filled with potential unicorns. Will be better than last years if Porter doesn't stay an extra year.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

NCAA needs to do an exhibition game in North Korea

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Khagan posted:

Will be better than last years if Porter doesn't stay an extra year.

He's been making noises about this but unless this hip thing is way worse than anyone's letting on and he ends up being out all year and needs to prove something by playing in college I just cannot imagine it happening.

I think Jeremiah Tilmon is going to be an absolute monster inside if he can figure out how to not foul everything in sight, which he quite possibly won't figure out any time soon. Jontay Porter was relatively quiet in 18 minutes (and he picked up 4 fouls in those 18 minutes), but he's not expected to be the world beater MPJ is yet.

It's nice starting off a season not being absolutely sure the worst is going to happen...still Jr's hip :ohdear:

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 11, 2017

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
N: UConn won their first game of the year against mighty Colgate!

V: They didn't do that last year!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

He's been making noises about this but unless this hip thing is way worse than anyone's letting on and he ends up being out all year and needs to prove something by playing in college I just cannot imagine it happening.

They all pretend they’re going to stay another year at this point in the process

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the goddamn wild cat is ranked

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I’m extremely impressed with Tilman.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
The Lobos have a new coach and picked up some good recruits. We will suck again.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Kull the Conqueror posted:

The Lobos have a new coach and picked up some good recruits. We will suck again.

I’m feeling optimistic, but the stuff to try to get the Lobo student section involved really hit me with how bad things have gotten.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

From the old thread:

elentar posted:

Archie having a great first half at Indiana, surely this will endear him quickly to that sensible fanbase.

Dan Dakich is losing his poo poo, I hope we lose every game.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

N: Aces beat Arkansas State
V: Undefeated season incoming

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Ouachita Baptist became the first non-D1 this season to beat a D1 yesterday but since they’re a decent D2 and the opponent was a bad-looking Arkansas-Little Rock, not much else to say about it. OBU is primarily known for being the Huckabee family’s pet school.

Elsewhere App State beat Toccoa Falls Bible College by triple digits, 135-34. Mercer then beat TF by a mere 67 points today.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
How good is the average walk-on for a power conference team?

Like are they dudes who could regularly play in the MAC or Horizon League or whatever? Or are they guys who would struggle even playing for a MEAC or SWAC team? I know there's a range obviously, Baer for Iowa has turned into a contributor for them, Eifert for Purdue might play some minutes this year etc but it's something I've always been curious about.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

ColdBlooded posted:

Like are they dudes who could regularly play in the MAC or Horizon League or whatever? Or are they guys who would struggle even playing for a MEAC or SWAC team? I know there's a range obviously, Baer for Iowa has turned into a contributor for them, Eifert for Purdue might play some minutes this year etc but it's something I've always been curious about.

Eifert could probably be a sixth man / last starter for a decent MW team, so definitely regular bench guy for a MAC team.

On the other hand, Luce would be a walk on at most places, I think.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ColdBlooded posted:

Most of them are pretty bad and just practice bodies. It’s rare you get one who could be a legit D1 player even at a smaller conference. Usually unless it’s like their dream school or something guys will only walk on if they don’t have any other scholarship offers.

Baer could definitely start for a lot of even major conference schools but Iowa got really lucky with him. In high school he was a late bloomer and because it’s Iowa and he was the tallest guy on the team, he also played center and never shot the ball outside of the paint. He was a good player his senior year but there wasn’t any scholarship interest in a 6’5” or 6’6” skinny center, even from somewhere like Drake or UNI (he might have had a DII offer but I don’t think so). He was a pretty good athlete and he worked hard during his redshirt year to make himself a legit wing and a three point threat. Iowa never could have expected him to work out like he did, when Fran started talking about him being in the rotation as a redshirt freshman everyone rolled their eyes.

Connor McCaffrey is also walking on but that’s kind of a cheat. He was a Top 100 recruit and definitely could get a scholarship somewhere else if he wasn’t Fran’s son. He’ll probably get one at Iowa if anyone transfers at the end of the season.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 12, 2017

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
A lot of player highlights on the Frankie Vision YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMn52maTVV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahMJemil-lQ

Khagan fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 13, 2017

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Our week-long national nightmare is over

quote:

UCLA freshmen LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill, who have been detained in China for the past week on suspicion of shoplifting, are headed back to the United States and are scheduled to arrive later Tuesday in Los Angeles, the Pac-12 confirmed.

The players were seen checking into a Los Angeles-bound Delta flight at Shanghai's Pudong International Airport, airline staff told The Wall Street Journal, who first reported that the players were heading back to the U.S.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Should've given them 5 years hard labor!

For ISU news, supposedly a couple of guys, Lard and Brase, are going to start this weekend, and that may turn around ISU's god awful start so far. We'll see. At this point .500 is looking optimistic.

ISU got screwed over with Hoiberg leaving really late into the offseason, there was pretty much a lost recruiting year. There's some CF fans already calling Prohm a fraud, and only winning with Hoiberg's players, which is premature to say the least. Fans are fickle.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I liked what I saw from the Gophers last night. I look forward to them using their non-conference schedule to gradually build up my confidence in them before crushing my hopes and dreams in spectacular Minnesota fashion by the middle of the conference schedule.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If UCLA doesn't take this opportunity to sever with BBB they are super dumb

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

If UCLA doesn't take this opportunity to sever with BBB they are super dumb

This Ball sucks but the next one seems like he’ll probably be a good colllege player so presumably they want to hang on until this. They already hired Steve Alford to coach the team and he’s way more reprehensible than LaVar ball acting like a doofus has ever been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Should've given them 5 years hard labor!

For ISU news, supposedly a couple of guys, Lard and Brase, are going to start this weekend, and that may turn around ISU's god awful start so far. We'll see. At this point .500 is looking optimistic.

ISU got screwed over with Hoiberg leaving really late into the offseason, there was pretty much a lost recruiting year. There's some CF fans already calling Prohm a fraud, and only winning with Hoiberg's players, which is premature to say the least. Fans are fickle.

This would be funny but yeah Prohm is recruiting well by ISU standards and this was always going to be a down year unless they pulled a Hoiberg and went all out on quick fix transfers who’d been thrown off their previous team

• Locked thread