Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG ties nerds 2-2. I'll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

iospace posted:

gently caress the refs

Why? I can't find video of the elbowing major, but I am guessing it was legit since Janatuinen was out the rest of the night.

Penalties were 6 per team, with neither team scoring on power plays. You guys got a penalty shot goal.

On paper it seems like the orange sleeves did less to ruin the game than usual.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There were a few non calls on nodak. The major was understandable.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also want to add on that Bucky probably got away with a board at one point.

Anyway, saw my first ever in-person penalty shot, which was cool and good. Up close and personal too.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Good seats, I bet it was an awesome time. Also, holy gently caress I hate that bird logo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Stitecin posted:

Good seats, I bet it was an awesome time. Also, holy gently caress I hate that bird logo.

It was since all the Badger goals were scored on that end. Also the student section is one section to our left.

They had a few choice words for NoDak's former mascot.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
rico might be bad??

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

iospace posted:

It was since all the Badger goals were scored on that end. Also the student section is one section to our left.

They had a few choice words for NoDak's former mascot.

Yeah, that's what I have said during the whole process. Even if UND students were 100% respectful of the Lakota culture (they weren't), anywhere a team would travel you were guaranteed to see horribly racist posters and t-shirts. It's good that that era has passed. Minnesota and NDSU fans were (are?) the worst.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The other chant of the night was "boring helmet" because the UND goalie's mask was simply white.

(For full disclosure, the chant I referred to earlier was "racist mascot")

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

iospace posted:

The other chant of the night was "boring helmet" because the UND goalie's mask was simply white.

(For full disclosure, the chant I referred to earlier was "racist mascot")

That's fantastic, I've talked to a few high level athletes and officials about getting heckled and those slow burn funny heckles get in their head way more than "You Suck!" since they've heard that 1,000 times per game since they were 14. His generic helmet got mentioned in a Herald story about Thome's first start.

In other UND goalie helmet related news the Herald published this story about Cam Johnson's new mask. Slow news day I guess.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

UND cancelled women's hockey and it's a huge loving bummer. That poo poo was free and an empty stadium. You just sit rink side in that ridiculous 100 mil arena and watch a bunch of fistfights and sweet international games against the Russian Olympic team. Legit under appreciated good time in GF.

I'm bummed I was at UND between two NCAA titles. Bums couldn't get it done until I left

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And it looks like Wisconsin isn't doing Fill the Bowl for the women's team, though they may be getting screwed by the basketball team this year.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Goodpancakes posted:

UND cancelled women's hockey and it's a huge loving bummer. That poo poo was free and an empty stadium. You just sit rink side in that ridiculous 100 mil arena and watch a bunch of fistfights and sweet international games against the Russian Olympic team. Legit under appreciated good time in GF.

I'm bummed I was at UND between two NCAA titles. Bums couldn't get it done until I left

I added you to my list of people who like the teams I hate on the first page, let me know if UND & Hamline isn't correct.

Women's hockey was still club when I was there, but some of their team used to come to our parties and were fun to have around.

Sorry about missing out on championships.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fair warning, there is significant clipping in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1wwzDsUYIY

:getin:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

iospace posted:

And it looks like Wisconsin isn't doing Fill the Bowl for the women's team, though they may be getting screwed by the basketball team this year.

Wisconsin basketball is evil, this is known

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan is still bad at hockey

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

nm Minnesota blew a 3-0 and a 4-3 lead to lose 5-4 in OT

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG gives up tie to poo poo rear end Lake Superior

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bucky dumpstered MSU, 6-3

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Cornell is 5-0 and plays Harvard tonight, hopefully the wheels do not come off

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Glambags posted:

Cornell is 5-0 and plays Harvard tonight, hopefully the wheels do not come off

Harvard's been kinda poo poo lately, the 3-0 win over Brown was mostly because Brown sucks. I'm hoping for a miracle here.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Woo much better game and win over lake

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Minnesota blew ANOTHER massive lead tonight (three times) and it's about to go into overtime tied 6-6.

4-0, 5-2, 6-3.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan blew about 54 open nets in overtime and loses in the shootout

College Hockey: Still garbage

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Harvard's been kinda poo poo lately, the 3-0 win over Brown was mostly because Brown sucks. I'm hoping for a miracle here.

Cornell is now 6-0 :)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Arizona State is still losing a bunch but they're not getting destroyed and seem to have some winnable games on their schedule this year. Hopefully things keep growing for them

E: how's the B1G doing their tournament now that they have 7 teams? First round bye for the top seed?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

DJExile posted:

Arizona State is still losing a bunch but they're not getting destroyed and seem to have some winnable games on their schedule this year. Hopefully things keep growing for them

E: how's the B1G doing their tournament now that they have 7 teams? First round bye for the top seed?

they had greg powers on the coyotes broadcast last night and he said he was really happy with how their goal differential went from like -30 over the same stretch last year to -9 now. the interesting thing was that they asked him about oceanside ice and he basically said he was expecting a real arena. he also got extended which is cool, he was the coach for 5 years before they made D1.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Per the Big Ten site:

The 2018 Big Ten Men’s Ice Hockey Tournament will feature a new three-weekend format with all games taking place on the campus of the higher-seeded teams.

The tournament will open March 2-4 with three best-of-three quarterfinal series, as the second-, third- and fourth-seeded teams will each host a series.

The top-seeded team will have a bye to the single-elimination semifinals, which are scheduled for Saturday, March 10.

The highest-seeded team remaining after the semifinals will host a championship game scheduled for Saturday, March 17.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Minnesota State in the top 10, life good. THM's team garbage losing to SCSU and Western Michigan lol.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The shameful Hamline Pipers are a mere game over .500 and already consigned to the dumpster of history, where they belong.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

The shameful Hamline Pipers are a mere game over .500 and already consigned to the dumpster of history, where they belong.

:frogout:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

modddddddsssssssssss

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

all MIAC teams must burn.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

BUG JUG posted:

all MIAC teams must burn.

Except St Mary’s, a good friend of mine plays for them

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

stop insulting hamline, you loving bum

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Neodoomium posted:

stop insulting hamline, you loving bum

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

michigan will be dangerous the second it figures out defense and also not taking the dumbest possible penalty at any given moment

until then they are going to lose every game 7-5

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

we got shithoused by minn state las tnight, boo

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan blew a 2-0 lead and then a 4-3 lead with a minute to go, and settled for a shootout win over Wisconsin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

we got shithoused by minn state las tnight, boo

We beat them 4-1 tonight, yay

• Locked thread