Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Virtual Captain posted:

no photoshop required
You're a liar. But it's a beautiful lie so I forgive you.

tax: here is a pratt cat acting like a complete tosser in his natural habitat.

Drugs are bad.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
3.0 looking good

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Could someone fill me in on this weekend's upvote/downvote schedule for /r/starcitizen

tia

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

2008 volumetric lighting is up spaceship combat is down.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
toops, I just wanted to tell you after spending 15+ hours with the new assassin's creed, I can confirm it's p dang good and the best in the series

meanwhile I will report to everyone about crategate in the new battlefront when I plays it next week

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

TheAgent posted:

toops, I just wanted to tell you after spending 15+ hours with the new assassin's creed, I can confirm it's p dang good and the best in the series

meanwhile I will report to everyone about crategate in the new battlefront when I plays it next week

Alright I'll check it out and report back.

I'm now comfortable saying that Destiny 2 rivals Elite for am been like hollow; death most of my life.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

his nibs posted:

Could someone fill me in on this weekend's upvote/downvote schedule for /r/starcitizen

tia

Sat 15:00 - 21:45
Upvoting

Sun 10:20 - 12:00
Downvoting

Sun 12:00 - 12:15
Break

Sun 12:15 - 16:00
Downvoting

Sun 16:00 - 16:15
Break

Sun 16:15 - 22:55
Co ordinated shitposting

Sun 22:55 - 23:45
Downvoting

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

Upvoting

Downvoting

Break

Downvoting

Break

Co ordinated shitposting

Downvoting

*gives SA Gold*

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Star Citizen: The game not fail

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I really love how much that Elite forums thread bothers certain SC fanatics. They just can stand the fact that those posters are having a good time laughing at how lovely Elite's supposed rival is

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

SomethingJones posted:

Upvoting

Downvoting

Break

Downvoting

Break

Co ordinated shitposting

Downvoting

When do we rub?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Toops posted:

Alright I'll check it out and report back.

I'm now comfortable saying that Destiny 2 rivals Elite for am been like hollow; death most of my life.

Both Destiny 2 and Elite are cool and good. You just don't understand fun development :colbert:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

The Pi dude posted:

When do we rub?

Nobody told you to stop rubbing

Always be rubbing

Always be up and rubbing

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's amazing how regularly backers invoke the "happy backers are fiscally responsible and should be allowed to spend $10,000 on spaceships/angry backers are only angry because they went into debt from spending $10,000 on spaceships" section of the Citizen's Defense Handbook (Galarox, start photoshopping, buddy) without realizing they look like loving morons.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Solarin posted:

I really love how much that Elite forums thread bothers certain SC fanatics. They just can stand the fact that those posters are having a good time laughing at how lovely Elite's supposed rival is

It's actually pretty sad that cult of Star Citizen has led it's desperately insane followers to harass people that are minding their own business.

Derek is a clown but he was right that his game was review bombed on Steam. Every one of the reviews of his game was a literally shaking cultist going "This developer slanders other game devs while HIS game is lacking in these areas"

Elite Dangerous has hundreds of extra negative reviews on top of it's normal criticism from years of backers buying it and "directly attacking the enemy."

At least they are mostly just trying to damage THE ENEMY with passive aggressive rage posting online and aren't taking their insane crusade to real life.

The worrying thing is that there is a non-zero chance that it does actually go that far and further once the unicorns run out of rainbow farts and they can no longer imagine getting closer to heaven.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 11, 2017

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

Upvoting

Downvoting

Break

Downvoting

Break

Co ordinated shitposting

Downvoting

Friendly reminder to everyone that these times are in GMT, you need to convert to your local time zone https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html

Phase B32 was a goddamn shambles with the Euros cancelling out the Americans efforts and vise versa. No more self-owns, people!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Quavers posted:

Both Destiny 2 and Elite are cool and good. You just don't understand fun development :colbert:

I have fun complaining so they're both perfect 10/10 imo.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It's actually pretty sad that cult of Star Citizen has led it's desperately insane followers to harass people that are minding their own business.

Derek is a clown but he was right that his game was review bombed on Steam. Every one of the reviews of his game was a literally shaking cultist going "This developer slanders other game devs while HIS game is lacking in these areas"

Elite Dangerous has hundreds of extra negative reviews on top of it's normal criticism from years of backers buying it and "directly attacking the enemy."

At least they are mostly just trying to damage THE ENEMY with passive aggressive rage posting online and aren't taking their insane crusade to real life.

The worrying thing is that there is a non-zero chance that it does actually go that far and further once the unicorns run out of rainbow farts and they can no longer imagine getting closer to heaven.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I'm suing you Derek. See you in Space Court.

For the rest of you please donate to help pay for the lawyers and stuff.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I’m only surprised that people are still surprised today when they realize they are getting censored. Censorship has always been a major part of the CIG campaign, and also a huge pillar for its detractors.

CIG has been removing posts to “concern” or deleting them since maybe about a year into the project. The major selling point for their whole Spectrum stuff was to help them censor posts better. If they didn’t like something, they prevent new posts, and then it magically disappears out of view.

If any of the upset users are reading this, this isn’t a new thing. CIG very much does specifically go out of their way to ensure they control the narrative of what potential new and existing backers can read. This is because their business plan doesn’t involve actually releasing a product.

Go ahead and ask CIG how they plan to maintain an international company after they release a buy-once non-subscription model game to consumers. You’ll get no answers from CIG, but about a million different responses from sycophants. Probably almost as many answers as you would if you asked about even basic gameplay mechanics. :allears:

There is a reason for that, but you’ll need to put 2 and 2 together on your own, and not think it’s some stupid “goon conspiracy”. It’s all CIG, all the way down to the rotten core.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Toops posted:

I have fun complaining so they're both perfect 10/10 imo.

Elite gets a 10/10 from me purely on its impressive ability to trigger SC fanboys.

7/10 is a correct score for it: an 8 or 9 if you enjoy the Elite-franchise of games, but there are many gamers who aren't.

Destiny 2, Elite, Warframe, World Of Tanks, etc are all very fun games for me, because I don't see/feel the grind by not having a "i must get this asap" mindset. However, any grind in a game is a content/design-flaw, and if a game doesn't offer enough fun methods to progress players will gripe about it. There are too many games nowadays that indirectly force gamers into grinding, by not helping them progress naturally and reasonably quickly - it's either slow & varied-fun, or fast & grindy-boring.

Quavers fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 11, 2017

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

That white knight post is so delusional I don't know how it doesn't make other backers immediately try to get a refund.

quote:

And it is my opinion as well. Nobody should be using a crowdfunded project as a personal bank account they can withdraw from at any moment.
Banks don't sell you products for putting your money into your account. This goes down to the very definition of transactions and commerce and this argument is so transparent you might as well type "Well I'm going to just make up whatever I have to do post positively about Star Citizen."

quote:

It isn't your legal right to ask for a refund months or even years down the line.
If you haven't received the product you paid money for then you are entitled to a refund, especially months and even years down the line. You are even more wrong when you consider that the legal agreement laid forth by CIG themselves promised a full release of the company's financials and a full refund two years ago.

quote:

Also, anyone who believes that pledging allows them to get a refund whenever shouldn't ever pledge beyond a starter package
If CIG doesn't want people returning thousands of dollars of products they haven't received yet they should either stop selling so many products they aren't making or actually loving make them.

quote:

I wish CIG would stop giving refunds to anyone who has pledged for more when the last pledge was made months ago, which is their legal rights.
This is obviously talking about the 14 day or general time limits on being dissatisfied with something after paying. This is a critical point the cultists don't get. They haven't delivered.

Just because you think CIG has delivered and can rationalize that to yourself they have not delivered. "It makes sense to me" doesn't work when you are a loving delusional idiot trying to backwards justify a faith based viewpoint.

They have not delivered objectively and they have not delivered legally. They have no legal rights to stop giving refunds and that's why they continue to give them.

quote:

They only don't enforce because of the noise goons would make if CIG dares to do what is well within CIG's rights.
This is just funny. Kinda sad someone thinks this unironically but also really funny.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:gary:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Kerbal is the best space game, according to me.

Every single bit of it is fun. It's laced with naturally occurring moments of panic and hilarity.

Rescuing Kerbals from orbit is nerve wracking, gliding a vast mechanical construction to the surface of a faraway world is *awesome*. Building things and testing them is fun and spergy and engaging.

Watching your space empire grow, sending out probes, building a comms network, fiddling with management strategies... so much depth and awesome.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Kerbal is the best space game, according to me.

Every single bit of it is fun. It's laced with naturally occurring moments of panic and hilarity.

Rescuing Kerbals from orbit is nerve wracking, gliding a vast mechanical construction to the surface of a faraway world is *awesome*. Building things and testing them is fun and spergy and engaging.

Watching your space empire grow, sending out probes, building a comms network, fiddling with management strategies... so much depth and awesome.

Freespace 2 is my best space game. Multiplayer matches around capital ships are hella fun, the modding community have done lots of cool things, and the single-player campaign is epic

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

I must needs know who is the King of the whales! Indeed kindly sir please come forth so we may all bask in your greatness. Surely one of you has risen above the $20k plebs and shown your epic devotion!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
There's at least one guy that claims to be in for >100k. And not an investment like bootcha's deal, just a backer.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

VictorianQueerLit posted:

That white knight post is so delusional I don't know how it doesn't make other backers immediately try to get a refund.

Banks don't sell you products for putting your money into your account. This goes down to the very definition of transactions and commerce and this argument is so transparent you might as well type "Well I'm going to just make up whatever I have to do post positively about Star Citizen."

If you haven't received the product you paid money for then you are entitled to a refund, especially months and even years down the line. You are even more wrong when you consider that the legal agreement laid forth by CIG themselves promised a full release of the company's financials and a full refund two years ago.

If CIG doesn't want people returning thousands of dollars of products they haven't received yet they should either stop selling so many products they aren't making or actually loving make them.

This is obviously talking about the 14 day or general time limits on being dissatisfied with something after paying. This is a critical point the cultists don't get. They haven't delivered.

Just because you think CIG has delivered and can rationalize that to yourself they have not delivered. "It makes sense to me" doesn't work when you are a loving delusional idiot trying to backwards justify a faith based viewpoint.

They have not delivered objectively and they have not delivered legally. They have no legal rights to stop giving refunds and that's why they continue to give them.

This is just funny. Kinda sad someone thinks this unironically but also really funny.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Truga posted:

There's at least one guy that claims to be in for >100k. And not an investment like bootcha's deal, just a backer.

California Dreamin'

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200475660?t=04m47s

:gary:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Friendly reminder to everyone that these times are in GMT, you need to convert to your local time zone https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html

Phase B32 was a goddamn shambles with the Euros cancelling out the Americans efforts and vise versa. No more self-owns, people!

That op was a disaster and I feel grief for my part in it :negative:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

I’m only surprised that people are still surprised today when they realize they are getting censored. Censorship has always been a major part of the CIG campaign, and also a huge pillar for its detractors.

CIG has been removing posts to “concern” or deleting them since maybe about a year into the project. The major selling point for their whole Spectrum stuff was to help them censor posts better. If they didn’t like something, they prevent new posts, and then it magically disappears out of view.

If any of the upset users are reading this, this isn’t a new thing. CIG very much does specifically go out of their way to ensure they control the narrative of what potential new and existing backers can read. This is because their business plan doesn’t involve actually releasing a product.

Go ahead and ask CIG how they plan to maintain an international company after they release a buy-once non-subscription model game to consumers. You’ll get no answers from CIG, but about a million different responses from sycophants. Probably almost as many answers as you would if you asked about even basic gameplay mechanics. :allears:

There is a reason for that, but you’ll need to put 2 and 2 together on your own, and not think it’s some stupid “goon conspiracy”. It’s all CIG, all the way down to the rotten core.

There wasn't always heavy censorship, at least not obvious stuff at first. IIRC it wasn't until sometime between the LTI Uprisings and when Arena Commando released and the great Flight Model Wars began. At first they just katamari'd posts they didn't like from a really wide range of barely related poo poo, making those subjects too hard to meaningfully follow (especially without being able to tell where posts/threads originated once spliced in) with their fast and loose qualifiers. It was well contained from normal sight since most folks avoided the forum mosh pits since it was still a hopeful time and circlejerking still didn't require erection enhancements for a lot of the og's, but eventually the waters of discontent started overflowing the levees of the toxic waste pits they were consigned to.

That's when they came up with the 'concern' forum, a special walled garden gulag to hide unsightly posts and naughty hints of disbelief or talk of accountability in a dungeon far from public view and even obscured from wide eyed inductees. Moderation became increasingly heavy handed as dreams continued to collide with reality, a patch a time back when they still did that and at some point they needed even more control to maintain the narrative. CIG had long since recognized r/starcitizen was where the whales really hung out anyhow, so they capitalized on the existing arrangement once the katamari's and Concern forum and brownshirting was no longer enough to staunch the flow coming from the cracks.

Enter, Spectrum. They made a site that's basically their own little North Korea that makes it easy to keep up appearances and disappear anyone/anything unbefitting of dear leader's visionTM but also made such a lovely mess of the forum for users that there was a critical mass herd migration to reddit. There they can generally maintain the narrative between sycophant brigades, retards on reddit, sunk cost grey marketers and good ole astroturfing etc, though outside the hugbubble of r/sc they often get drown in the bathtub of facts by non cultists that recognize the situation is laughably abnormal 6 years/160mil into this fever dream.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I miss B'tak

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

That op was a disaster and I feel grief for my part in it :negative:

:glomp: it is okay as long as we learn from our mistakes and strive to do better. No not believing in yourself, spacefriend!! :)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I'm going to take a moment here to enjoy Thoatse's description of CIG's concern forum as a "special walled garden gulag"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004