Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The first fight was decently competitive up to the point where he got brutalized. I'll still watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's actually the best possible late replacement fight they could have made so it's really cool.

Can't see anything but Aldo getting hosed up again though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can't believe UFC has stooped so low as make their late replacement the greatest featherweight of all time getting a rematch. Laughable.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

it will be the first time he loses twice in a row

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Noctone posted:

not sure why aldo wants to get embarrassed again but ok

he wasnt embarassed the first time since he won the first two rounds

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
maybe the 2nd fight will be 1 sided in holloways favour like round 3 of the first fight was but i wonder about that

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe the 2nd fight will be 1 sided in holloways favour like round 3 of the first fight was but i wonder about that

me too, i was just thinking about it also then i read your post and am still wondering.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's actually the best possible late replacement fight they could have made so it's really cool.

yeah. we wanted edgar, but this is probably the best next thing they could've done. first fight was cool.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Aldo is better than Edgar

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He is, but we saw that fight so a new matchup is better than a rematch.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Edgar broke his leg or whatever though so it's a good replacement

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

I.N.R.I posted:

the warriors blew a 3-1 lead

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I.N.R.I posted:

actually we know from both edgar / aldo fights and cruz / garbrandt, winning 2 rounds is actually a humiliation and the fighter should be embarrassed. however neither of those resulted in the guy who won two rounds getting brutally ko'd so i don't know what that makes this.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 11, 2017

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
just a regular loss .. every great fighter has them. except for khabib nurmagamedov but lets see him rematch that bear now that it weighs 1000lbs before calling him the best ever

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

I.N.R.I posted:

just a regular loss .. every great fighter has them. except for khabib nurmagamedov but lets see him rematch that bear now that it weighs 1000lbs before calling him the best ever

Right on

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

actually we know from both edgar / aldo fights and cruz / garbrandt, winning 2 rounds is actually a humiliation and the fighter should be embarrassed. however neither of those resulted in the guy who won two rounds getting brutally ko'd so i don't know what that makes this.

Cruz got horrifically embarrassed during the garbrandt fight. Coming back to steal the last round was cool but Cody was clowning on him from pillar to post.
I agree with the rest of what you said so. I guess I'm just being an rear end in a top hat

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Diego Sanchez on running at eleven pm, "Sometimes I pretend monsters chase me."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...paign=editorial

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
Including WEC, this will be Aldo's 14th consecutive title fight, which I think has got to be good for the record, no?

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

I think Holloway will do better in this fight than the last one. But you can't ever count Aldo out.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gastelum is getting Bisping

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CommonShore posted:

Gastelum is getting Bisping

i was really confused for a second but yeah, cool, good fight.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Anyone watching tonights event? I let my fightpass expire long ago, but I had such fun at 217 I might get it for a free trial again.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

bisping flying to china on a 3 week turnaround after getting choked out is insane. go bisping, gently caress that fat stoner up

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Not only did he get choked out he almost got knocked out by GSP. This seems like a ridiculously stupid thing to do from a health standpoint.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well he was suspended for 30 days after the fight, so, yeah, the NYSAC agrees with you

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Also I just looked and there’s a Ultimate Fighter finale in 3 weeks that appears to have 4 fights booked for it and the championship match. Wonder if they’re moving to doing no prelims at all for ultimate fighter finales.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 12, 2017

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Aye Doc posted:

bisping flying to china on a 3 week turnaround after getting choked out is insane. go bisping, gently caress that fat stoner up

If only a bad outcome could be forseen...

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the first fight was round 1 all aldo, round 2 was close but holloway won it, and round 3 holloway finish. that's cannon

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the card's live. looking forward to lauzon / guida, brown / sanchez, and pettis / poirier

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thread here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840328

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ach beaten.

I'm just going to wait a few minutes til we can decide whose thread to use.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

ach beaten.

no, after you good sir

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840329

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Edit, dumb and beaten

Fentry fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 12, 2017

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

Edgar didn't win a single round of their second fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Edgar didn't win a single round of their second fight.

all three judges disagree :D

regardless, he didn't get knocked out in humiliating fashion so it's a moral victory. max holloway was acting as an agent of fate for the real GOAT, frank edgar.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

wrong thread

gtkor fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 12, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i wouldnt count aldo out

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

i wouldnt count aldo out

he needs to mix in some wrestling. if he wants to just straight kickbox with max the exact same thing will happen - aldo will do great for a couple of rounds and as soon as he lets his foot off the gas holloway will kill him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Max had the better plan but I don't think he is some level of skill or ability beyond Aldo so I think it will be a really good fight. Max's coaches do make insanely good gameplans he's super great at sticking to though.

• Locked thread