Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

power botton posted:

I just want my Virgil abloh Apple "Watch"

*writes "BAND" on the band with a sharpie*
that'll be $300, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Apple Watch Series 3 Herpès Médor Noir

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I still can’t get over how ugly this is

I forget and then go back to look at it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I still can’t get over how ugly this is

I forget and then go back to look at it

this is for rich women, not tech nerds

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

Seems to hit the punk teen demo more to me. Studs went out last summer season on mainstream women's stuff.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
faux punk studs and spikes has been a high fashion thing for a few seasons now. theyll sell you a 100 usd black flag shirt

e: they sell em at barneys and its 265 usd

Bored Online fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 11, 2017

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cis autodrag posted:

Seems to hit the punk teen demo more to me. Studs went out last summer season on mainstream women's stuff.

that double loop strap costs like a grand if I remember correctly. I don’t know poo poo about rich women’s fashion but I assume Hermès does. their previous version of this didn’t have studs so I guess they think it’s in fashion.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Management posted:

I don’t know poo poo about rich women’s fashion but I assume Hermès does.

This is how everyone thinks, including those purchasing the watch with band. it's how we got the Tiffany can (well, they're Tiffany; they must know what is in)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao. a $2k coffee tin.

goddamn

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

smart watches are universally for tech nerds

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Dear Investor,
Think about how many amazing technologies you've watched soar to new heights while you kick yourself thinking, "I knew about that before everyone was talking about it, but I just sat on my hands."
If you're like me, you can't help thinking about the money you could have made if you'd simply bought Apple when it introduced the iPod in 2001. The stock is up over 100 times since then, turning a $10,000 investment into over $1 million!
Heck, Apple is up nearly 1,000% since it launched the iPhone seven years later. 300% since the iPad in 2010.
Did you know how great and amazing these new technologies were, but failed to invest behind them? You might be retired and lounging on a beautiful beach somewhere if you had!
Well, it appears Apple is up to something again, but this time it's so radically different from its previous "iDevices" that you'll be... stunned. You'll wonder if it could really work. You'll wonder if management has lost its mind.
But remember... that's what many people thought after Steve Jobs introduced the iPod and iPhone! Big profits come from making bold choices.
What exactly is Apple doing?
Well, residents of Sunnydale are reporting strange noises roaring out of a mysterious Apple facility late at night. And Apple leased an enormous, 5,000-acre, abandoned military base to serve as testing grounds according to TechInsider.
We know that it must be something BIG because the company's R&D budget skyrocketed to more than 50 times as much money as Apple spent to develop the original iPhone!
Here's what we know...
Apple just made a $10 billion play to get in early.
Cisco believes it will be a $19 trillion market before 2025. General Electric sees an opportunity bigger than the entire economy of China!
I saw Amazon received a patent for a piece of it just a few days ago.
Can Apple really pull this moonshot off? With a track record like Apple has, I wouldn't be surprised.
Simply click here to decide for yourself.
I've laid out everything I've uncovered about this top secret project in a FREE report.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
this is like an arg or something right?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
yarg

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

that double loop strap costs like a grand if I remember correctly. I don’t know poo poo about rich women’s fashion but I assume Hermès does. their previous version of this didn’t have studs so I guess they think it’s in fashion.

Didn't see it was Hermès. Ya, idk wtf the idle rich do for fashion.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

infernal machines posted:

this is like an arg or something right?

probably tells you to invest in penny stocks cause this guy totally knows Apple is going to buy them and he just wants to share his secret info!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no doubt, the writing was just so melodramatic and absurd though

what infernal knowledge are apple's engineers unlocking deep in the bowels of a sunnyvale military base?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
luxus brands are very dumb and im worried about apple "learning" too much from them

check out the planet money episode about birkin bags that just got re-released

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

where is 32gb ram macbook pro

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im alredy angry about the stupid loving touchjbar and it hasnt even showed up yet

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cinci zoo sniper posted:

where is the 15 incher withouth and amd gpu?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

im alredy angry about the stupid loving touchjbar and it hasnt even showed up yet

wait until you press escape key

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

seriously who uses that useless scrub video function in the touchbar instead of a more precise mouse drag

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

in the realm of dreams, intel will be making cpu combined with amd gpu

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Boiled Water posted:

call me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:eyepop:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

wherever they keep the macbook that uses a xeon and ecc

you really don't want high memory densities without ecc

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

poty posted:

luxus brands are very dumb and im worried about apple "learning" too much from them

check out the planet money episode about birkin bags that just got re-released

Birkin bags aren't useless. They serve to tell the world you don't want to interact with them and they probably don't want to interact with you either.

Everything I've seen by Hermès looks like stupid bullshit that was out if style with actual young people ages ago, so at least it proves that rich people are just as dumb tasteless and bad with money as the rest of us.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Birkin bags aren't useless. They serve to tell the world you don't want to interact with them and they probably don't want to interact with you either.

Everything I've seen by Hermès looks like stupid bullshit that was out if style with actual young people ages ago, so at least it proves that rich people are just as dumb tasteless and bad with money as the rest of us.

i'm the young people wearing hermes

all 1% of them

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

infernal machines posted:

wherever they keep the macbook that uses a xeon and ecc

you really don't want high memory densities without ecc

it probably went up stebes rear end with the smoothies

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the new mac pro does double duty as a buttplug

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Boiled Water posted:

it probably went up stebes rear end with the smoothies
NO!!! NO!!!! STOP!!!! STOP SAYING THESE THINGS!!!!!!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Linguica posted:

NO!!! NO!!!! STOP!!!! STOP SAYING THESE THINGS!!!!!!!
putting something as pointy as ram up his rear end would certainly explain stebes quick demise

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
when will apple release an ipone with a flared base

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

when will apple release an ipone with a flared base

it's all about tapered bases when ur on the go

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU my 6s got stuck in a boot loop

using itunes recovery mode to update the OS works as in it loads the new OS and I get the white screen with the black apple logo that asks for my pin. but then it continues boot looping :(

the weird thing is just before getting stuck i heard a message notification. did someone haxx0r me :tinfoil:?

e: this was on ios 11.1.1 (the latest one)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU my 6s got stuck in a boot loop

using itunes recovery mode to update the OS works as in it loads the new OS and I get the white screen with the black apple logo that asks for my pin. but then it continues boot looping :(

the weird thing is just before getting stuck i heard a message notification. did someone haxx0r me :tinfoil:?

e: this was on ios 11.1.1 (the latest one)

define boot loop.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

The Management posted:

define boot loop.

it boots. i get the white apple logo with black background. after a while the device remembers that i had night mode on, the logo turns yellow. the device restarts. all i see is white apple on black background.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
erasing the device worked. why does erasing the device work while updating the OS does not?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

erasing the device worked. why does erasing the device work while updating the OS does not?

because something did corrupt. i had similar problem with time capsule and imac of my parents, the time capsule kept restoring broken disc sectors so the only solution was to clean wipe both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
but shouldn't the updated OS stomp the old files? I'm assuming the user should not be able to modify startup scripts so apple can just stomp them.