Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Power of Pecota posted:

I thought I must have misheard it, because how do you get a 29-29?

A 10-10 or bad arithmetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

CommonShore posted:

Holy poo poo Ansaroff has some kind of chin there. Those are real head-snappin' shots and she's just ignoring them.

lol

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Good fight, Ansaroff 29-28 imo

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
That was pretty good, I think Nina Ansaroff should take it

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CommonShore posted:

A 10-10 or bad arithmetic.

Are 10-10 rounds a thing?

gtkor posted:

Good fight, Ansaroff 29-28 imo

Yeah, I was pulling for Hill going in but I think Ansaroff had to win 2 and 3.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Great fight. Have it Ansarrof 29-28

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sage time!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Power of Pecota posted:

Are 10-10 rounds a thing?

Kinda, in the sense that the rules allow for them, but they're super rare and McCarthy says that there's no reason for a judge to ever award one. I might be inclined to give one if a round was a clear 10-9 dominant beating in one direction but then the other fighter knocks the other fighter down and ends the round with a sunk submission that gets stopped by the bell.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Oh drat, Sage is fighting? lol

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Kinda, in the sense that the rules allow for them, but they're super rare and McCarthy says that there's no reason for a judge to ever award one. I might be inclined to give one if a round was a clear 10-9 dominant beating in one direction but then the other fighter knocks the other fighter down and ends the round with a sunk submission that gets stopped by the bell.

That's a 9-9

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this'll be funny

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Anybody familiar with Mitchell Keynownes?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A 9-9 can only be awarded if there's a penalty.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Is Sage's enormous chin a benefit or weakness?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Does Sage still only train with guys his father approves of?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

El Roncho posted:

Does Sage still only train with guys his father approves of?

he's at alpha male, the home of celebratory ejaculation cakes, so probly not

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Sage looks... really good?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CommonShore posted:

A 10-10 round is a round where literally nothing happens. If things happen, then one guy did more than the other and you give them the round. You don't award a 10-10 because you can't decide who did better.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I can't tell if Sage is getting better or if the UFC just found someone created by the gods specifically to lose to Sage

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Sage looks... really good?

Agreed. I'm spurtin' here!

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Sage has two takedowns against this dude lol

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

I can't tell if Sage is getting better or if the UFC just found someone created by the gods specifically to lose to Sage

Why not both?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
sage has evolved into.... the wonderboy that got wrestled by matt brown. hopefully in a few years he'll bore us all to death in title fights of his own.

this sucks.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Is it just me or has Sage missed a hilarious amount of punches? Specifically right hands.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

fair

Dirp
May 16, 2007
Is this Sage's first fight under TAM? He looks pretty dramatically improved.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
FLYING CARTWHEEL SOMETHING

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Lmao thanks for the bible study sage

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if you're having problems at work, just be a steroid baby raised by an insane person who had to be taught about the concept of racism by way of going to the movies with tyron woodley. worked for me. god bless.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Sage creeps me out but that was a great performance

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sage is such a geek but it's good to know that at least somebody can do a flip after GSP couldn't do it last week

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
oh, this is FS1. that sucks

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

50 minutes of wonderboy / woodley has broken peoples brains to think that standing sideways and occasionally moving quickly and missing while their opponent looks cautious and confused is great entertainment

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

if you're having problems at work, just be a steroid baby raised by an insane person who had to be taught about the concept of racism by way of going to the movies with tyron woodley. worked for me. god bless.

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cool, Arlovsky is fighting Steve Albini's son later.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Looking forward to Junior Albini v Senior All-chinny

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
knee-on-belly is so loving uncomfortable I'm always surprised you don't see it used more

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

El Roncho posted:

Looking forward to Junior Albini v Senior All-chinny

heh

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Suarez looks huge next to tiny Brazilian lady.

:siren: wardrobe malfunction :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Pereira is making so many goddamn mistakes on the ground I'm yelling at the tv.

This feels like a women's strawweight fight from 2 years ago

• Locked thread