Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

EminusSleepus posted:

Sandi is excited about a new toy

When you love your ship, you need the tools to enforce it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Variable 5 posted:

Still funny as gently caress :v:

Oh totally, especially because as a "moderator" he should know that basically showing up to advertise your business without asking permission first is a dick move. He ownt himself bigly on this one.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hey CIG check out this fuckin language right here

jester
dʒɛstə
noun historical
a professional joker or ‘fool’

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/CzeEBZ5.gifv

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Is that one of those fainting goats?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Is that one of those fainting goats?

I always read that as farting goats and it makes me laugh so the answer is yes :v:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The puppers lays on its back, its belly begging to be rubbed, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping

What do you mean I'm not helping

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

AFAIK Behavior never had anything to do with their procgen tech. That's all "in-house" and always was intended to be, according to the stretch goal that unlocked it. Why anyone would assume otherwise is beyond me.

$41M stretch goal text, for context:

I think in their case 'planet' meant landing zone like the ArcCorp thing where people drive buggies into each other and

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Thoatse posted:

I always read that as farting goats and it makes me laugh so the answer is yes :v:

Holy poo poo that mental image just made me :lol:

A sudden goat fart and a mildly surprised goat face expression

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao, Jester using an alt account to advertise black market services on the refunds subreddit. Now I've seen it all.

Exhibit A: this post by one Ivan_SC advertising black market poo poo on /refunds

Exhibit B: Jester responding to comments in that thread with comments clearly written as "Ivan" lol. These comments don't exist because as soon as he realized the issue he deleted them, but since he's flagged for manual comment approval they're still in the modmail. Whoops!

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 12, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Foo Diddley posted:

The puppers lays on its back, its belly begging to be rubbed, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping

What do you mean I'm not helping

The dog is actually perfectly still and is on a boat on rocky seas. I hope that dog was OK after its maritime adventure

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

loving lol 'emergeny measures' ha ha ha goddamn

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Holy poo poo lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

jester is one greasy commando, also

Beet Wagon posted:

Reddit is poo poo.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Emergency Measures for the refunds subreddit: One of the mods tells you not to do stuff and if you whine I ban you and then forget about it 10 minutes later. Lol it's a forum you idiots get over it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

All the dreams are gone
And the sky is grey
I went for a walk
Through my hangar bay

I probably shouldn't tell her
Just how much I paid
Crowdfunded Dreamin'
On such a winter's day

drat fine post

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Holy poo poo that mental image just made me :lol:

A sudden goat fart and a mildly surprised goat face expression

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

Emergency Measures for the refunds subreddit: One of the mods tells you not to do stuff and if you whine I ban you and then forget about it 10 minutes later. Lol it's a forum you idiots get over it.

CIG are scamming nerds and the nerds are scamming the nerds, holy poo poo what an absolute farce ha ha

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A classic parp

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Star citizen is some kind of loving scam fractal

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

peter gabriel posted:

CIG are scamming nerds and the nerds are scamming the nerds, holy poo poo what an absolute farce ha ha

It's scams all the way down

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I think we're all closing in on the truth here

Star Citizen is really good

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Solarin posted:

I think we're all closing in on the truth here

Star Citizen is really good

It certainly entertains me

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

SomethingJones posted:

Sat 15:00 - 21:45
Upvoting

Sun 10:20 - 12:00
Downvoting

Sun 12:00 - 12:15
Break

Sun 12:15 - 16:00
Downvoting

Sun 16:00 - 16:15
Break

Sun 16:15 - 22:55
Co ordinated shitposting

Sun 22:55 - 23:45
Downvoting

Looks like a brigading roster to me.
Checkmate gooniflas.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao, Jester using an alt account to advertise black market services on the refunds subreddit. Now I've seen it all.

Exhibit A: this post by one Ivan_SC advertising black market poo poo on /refunds

Exhibit B: Jester responding to comments in that thread with comments clearly written as "Ivan" lol. These comments don't exist because as soon as he realized the issue he deleted them, but since he's flagged for manual comment approval they're still in the modmail. Whoops!

HA!

Brilliant

Just brilliant

Kill Jester

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
A FLURRY OF SOCKS

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
an evocati commando wanted this passed on to the thread wrt the stress test -

quote:

About those tests. Maybe you shouldn't ask yourself about player numbers but about the performance at those player numbers... After all a player limit is just an integer value on the server. You can crank them up and claim success at 60 players anytime you want. Also remember gamescom? Remember a certain 20 minute restart procedure? Everyone in etf knows why those restarts were a thing now. Because 3.0 servers go down in agony performance wise after a quarter hour. If you go back and read about the test procedure for those 60 player tests you may find something very, very similar...

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

I 100% think the same thing.

Every time they do a 'look at all the people that work at X" photo shoot thing, its never more than like 30-50 people. Across every studio, you can't count even 200 heads, let alone the full 400 what ever they're claiming.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

So on June 6, 2017 Cloud Imperium Games was approved to use the trademark "Star Citizen" for

quote:

"009 -
Motion picture films featuring action, comedies, and dramas about a fictional universe; downloadable motion pictures and television shows featuring action, comedies, and dramas about a fictional universe; downloadable videos featuring action, comedies, and dramas about a fictional universe -- FIRST USE DATE: NONE; -- USE IN COMMERCE DATE: NONE
041 -
Film and video production and distribution; production and distribution of motion pictures; production and distribution of television shows and movies -- FIRST USE DATE: NONE; -- USE IN COMMERCE DATE: NONE"

This is followed by the establishment of Cloud Imperium Rights LLC, modification of a few of the shell corporation statements removing Ortwin as the person to send 'service' notices.

And most recently, the registration of a new shell company in California, on Nov 8, 2017 - Cloud Imperium LLC.

There also appears to be a relationship between the (new) controller for Gemini 42 (an Ortwin and Roberts Bros venture) and Grosvenor Park, a film financing company - though I haven't been able to verify it.

Just seems like weird stuff going on for a game company in crunch mode for release of a 'game'.

Golli fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 12, 2017

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Ok who is Jester ? I don't have it on my reddit account list. Or he's only available for tier 2 and + ?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

This one is called "amour du légionnaire".

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Zzr posted:

Ok who is Jester ? I don't have it on my reddit account list. Or he's only available for tier 2 and + ?

Jester is the mod of the Totally Normal Derek Smart Testicle Obsession Subreddit and also the Ethically Questionable Grey Market Nerd-Fleecing Subreddit.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I bet when this all collapses he goes into the restricted account age thing on the trades subreddit again to try and prevent people from offloading their now worthless spaceships and crashing the market.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Golli posted:

So doing a little light browsing, I found the California Secretary of State business search site https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/ .

Looking at the listing for Roberts Space Industries, a Delaware corporation (not unusual) I noticed that they typically file their required statements of information late. Again not unusual for them.

But looking at the listings for Gemini 42 Productions LLC and Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, both of which are located at the same address of RSI, something seemed odd.

They both filed the required Statement of Information on 8/4/17 - submitted by Steven Kam (Toast).

The unusual thing is that another Statement of Information for Gemini 42 Entertainment was filed on 9/29/17 - this time by Karen Oto, Controller.

Since these are only supposed to be filed every two years or upon a material change of the information, I wonder what it all means. I am no lawyer, but this sort of thing is interesting to me.

Any insights?

Karen Oto has a very low Internet profile, but she is or was employed by Grosvenor Park Media, of which the description is linked. Yes, it's the same Karen Oto.

I don't know if they're just using the RSI address for the filings of a movie-related thing (that may want to leech some sweet sweet mapley sweet :canada: tax credits, or what. We know that 42 is Sandi's favorite number!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
BREAKING NEWS

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6027/

THE EVOCATI 3.0 CLIENT TEST FIASCO

So I wrote The Road To 3.0 article that the recent 48-60 client test was just a ruse and propaganda which just happens to start 2 weeks before the anniversary sales. Like always. I also later expanded on that with an update in my forums.

Since most of the guys in Evocati are hand-picked whales who are helping RSI/CIG to perpetrate a full blown scam, of which this recent nonsense is just part of that, those guys are the ones leaking bullshit information in a pitiful attempt to mislead their fellow backers. This despite the fact that RSI/CIG know that they simply can’t keep a lid on stuff like this. Not to mention the fact that, as has always happened in the past, by the time they eventually release whatever they will be calling 3.0, it would immediately obvious that they were effectively doing what they’ve always done in the past: deceptive practices.

So, straight from the discussion channel, below are the metrics and results posted. I wrote that this was just a sham, and that it served no purpose other than to start propaganda ahead of the upcoming sale, as well as perhaps their testing of new (possibly .x.large) AWS tiers which they think (it’s not) is going to provide better experience and performance. The main issue here is that they know the server can’t handle more than 10 clients in any reasonable (think combat, traversal etc) form, and that the server is still completely unstable (now more than ever before). So, ask yourself why they’re doing these sort of client tests now, when they should be fixing bugs, getting the build complete, getting the game to run at least 16 clients – solid – before reaching for the insurmountable. It makes no sense. But it does make sense when you consider all the similar bullshit they’ve pulled these past years.

So, lets get started. Below are the metrics from the 3.0q patch which was used for the test.

quote:

- Dual Xeon e5-2687w v3. 20 physical (HT disabled) cores, overclocked using Haswell microcode hack
- 2x nVidia GTX-1080Ti (SLI disabled)
- 64GB DDR4-2400 ECC R
- 16GB of RAM dedicated to caching drives (10x faster than Optane performance in bandwidth & latency)
- Micron C400 (550mb/s read/write)

This was 48 player maxed out server. The physical (not Hyperthreading) core counts range from 4 to 20 cores. Result (FRAPS shots):

- 11-13 average fps – with no combat
- 17-25 during server start and shortly after in a ship and just flying around – no combat

Yes, a 20 core Xeon @ 3.7Ghz can’t even handle 12 fps on average. And not even an overclocked 7700K @ 5Ghz could maintain 25 fps.
Remember, RSI/CIG keeps all this under wraps, is actively using DMCA takedowns on YT, Vimeo etc, to suppress this Evocati test information from getting out. For a game that’s supposedly “open development” and which backers have reportedly given $164 million to develop. As funding continues to decline (currently down -40%) drastically year on year, it’s clear to see that they are coming up with new tricks. But ignore us though, keep giving them money and wait for what (trust me, it’s revealing – more soon) comes next.

NEW SHELL COMPANY

In addition to the total of 16 corporations involved in this venture, a few days ago on 11/08/17, they created another one. This time a foreign entity called “Cloud Imperium LLC”. It’s not even complete yet, but you can go to https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/ and search for “Imperium” to pull it up. So that’s 17 in total now that we know of.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

an evocati commando wanted this passed on to the thread wrt the stress test -

Even the Evocati are feeding the thread now

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

He's been very busy with that alt too:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Ivan_SC

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Thread is amazing right now, I love you all.

e: Derek is that spec and telemetry you posted for the client machine?

e2: it is, it's the client machine, I didn't believe it and thought it was a server spec. That's mental.

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

VictorianQueerLit posted:

That white knight post is so delusional I don't know how it doesn't make other backers immediately try to get a refund.

Banks don't sell you products for putting your money into your account. This goes down to the very definition of transactions and commerce and this argument is so transparent you might as well type "Well I'm going to just make up whatever I have to do post positively about Star Citizen."

If you haven't received the product you paid money for then you are entitled to a refund, especially months and even years down the line. You are even more wrong when you consider that the legal agreement laid forth by CIG themselves promised a full release of the company's financials and a full refund two years ago.

If CIG doesn't want people returning thousands of dollars of products they haven't received yet they should either stop selling so many products they aren't making or actually loving make them.

This is obviously talking about the 14 day or general time limits on being dissatisfied with something after paying. This is a critical point the cultists don't get. They haven't delivered.

Just because you think CIG has delivered and can rationalize that to yourself they have not delivered. "It makes sense to me" doesn't work when you are a loving delusional idiot trying to backwards justify a faith based viewpoint.

They have not delivered objectively and they have not delivered legally. They have no legal rights to stop giving refunds and that's why they continue to give them.

quote:

They only don't enforce because of the noise goons would make if CIG dares to do what is well within CIG's rights.
This is just funny. Kinda sad someone thinks this unironically but also really funny.

:golfclap:

That last line really is the classic strawman.
CIG aren't legally required to give a refund but they are doing it because[insert random feelgood reason]