Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Someone needs to get Deathstroked soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

okay he's Wolverine

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Well, that killing spree was definitely worth all the foreplay.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Slade :stare:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

howe_sam posted:

Vigilante takes off his mask

Dinah: it's you

Me: who?

I mean, that's all I really needed since there's like one person from Dinah's past we've heard about who would make sense.

Plus i watch Flash so I know everyone in that room survived and has super powers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Slade needs to murderize people more often

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Good episode. Got a little excited when shady mercenary guy referred to Slade as a legend.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Slade's murder spree was great!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They're really having lots of fun with the fight choreography so far this season. Sure you can see some of the more fake hits, but the single take sequences are just a joy to watch.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xarn posted:

Slade's murder spree was great!

Show of hands: who else was hearing Return of the Mack in their head as Slade tore up that goon squad?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Xelkelvos posted:

Sure you can see some of the more fake hits

"Okay, now shove your sword under that guy's arm. Great! Hold it, hooooooold it, make sure everyone has a chance to notice, okay NOW go kill some other dudes."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

Show of hands: who else was hearing Return of the Mack in their head as Slade tore up that goon squad?

*waggles finger*

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I laughed when at one point Slade disemboweled a guy with his sword and while it was still in him just decided to hit him in the head with his gun a few times. I was waiting for him to shoot the guy too.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

STAC Goat posted:

I laughed when at one point Slade disemboweled a guy with his sword and while it was still in him just decided to hit him in the head with his gun a few times. I was waiting for him to shoot the guy too.

Oh he definitely shot a dude who was currently impaled.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Gotta make sure he's dead.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/929197061421051904

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Slade going ape wild was something I didn't realize I missed so much

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

nooneofconsequence posted:

Deathstroke did that like four times and they all owned

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Natch. No surprise to me. The other 2, Guggenheim and Berlanti, are probably up for theirs shortly.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The CW has a reputation for being a bit better than the rest of Hollywood when it comes to diversity and representation. Nice to see them immediately suspend the dude while they investigate.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Arrow is the definition of Sunk Cost. I have zero interest in anything going on right now, but I've been watching so long I just keep watching. At least I got to see Slade do his thing.

Why are secret government organizations such chumps in Arrowverse? Shouldn't Argus made the FBI go away, or DEO be able to deal with people extra judiciously? SHIELD would have this tied up in an instant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doing things the dumbest way of all available options is the Supergirl (and Flash) tradition.

Can we leverage being a government organization with direct ties to the president? No let’s put a wire on a civilian and send them in instead. Not any of the invulnerable ones we know, just a regular guy with weird nervous ticks that would make him stand out.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

Arrow is the definition of Sunk Cost. I have zero interest in anything going on right now, but I've been watching so long I just keep watching. At least I got to see Slade do his thing.

Why are secret government organizations such chumps in Arrowverse? Shouldn't Argus made the FBI go away, or DEO be able to deal with people extra judiciously? SHIELD would have this tied up in an instant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHXVrqWbpf0

*dials phone*
"Hello? Yeah, do you remember the great debt you said the entire world owes me before genuinely thanking me for being a hero that saved the world? Can you please make this low level FBI agent 37 steps down the chain of command leave me alone? Great. Thanks."

If only Diggle's wife was the head of one of the biggest government agencies who regularly meets with senators and the upper levels of the government. I guess they really have no way to get an FBI agent to leave them alone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually I don't recall them even discussing finding a way to get rid of her. They seem more concerned with having her clear them than to just end the investigation.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think i'll be just watching this show for the crossovers from now on.

As much as i love Slade and Felicity's legs, i'm just checked out...

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 12, 2017

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rocksicles posted:

I think i'll be just watching this show for the crossovers from now one.

As much as i love Slade and Felicity's legs, i'm just checked out...

Did we even get to see Slade’s legs this episode?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phylodox posted:

Did we even get to see Slade’s legs this episode?

It's hard to say, did he have shorts on in the camping scene, or were they just trees?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

VictorianQueerLit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHXVrqWbpf0

*dials phone*
"Hello? Yeah, do you remember the great debt you said the entire world owes me before genuinely thanking me for being a hero that saved the world? Can you please make this low level FBI agent 37 steps down the chain of command leave me alone? Great. Thanks."

If only Diggle's wife was the head of one of the biggest government agencies who regularly meets with senators and the upper levels of the government. I guess they really have no way to get an FBI agent to leave them alone.

The FBI enjoys some measure of prosecutorial freedom from other government agencies telling it what to do. Or did you miss the big kerfluffle when the President told the director of the FBI to go easy on his guys?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So... this season isn't really working well, I take it? Saw the premiere but episodes have stacked up my DVR.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

howe_sam posted:

The FBI enjoys some measure of prosecutorial freedom from other government agencies telling it what to do. Or did you miss the big kerfluffle when the President told the director of the FBI to go easy on his guys?

Also, an FBI agent being told to suddenly stop investigating a person of interest would pretty much confirm that Oliver is GA. Streisand effect.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

So... this season isn't really working well, I take it? Saw the premiere but episodes have stacked up my DVR.

Outside of ditching some characters because they couldn't think of a way to keep them/it was too inconvenient to keep them I think this season has been fine if a bit aimless.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Narcissus1916 posted:

It's not actively bad, just kinda there. The FBI plotline is really stupid though.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Outside of ditching some characters because they couldn't think of a way to keep them/it was too inconvenient to keep them I think this season has been fine if a bit aimless.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's not actively bad, just kinda there. The FBI plotline is really stupid though.

:same:

Like, it served its purpose to finally push Oliver out of the hood for good (* the size of Jupiter, because lol like that one’s sticking), but now every time FBI Lady shows up I just kind of groan because they’re just repeating the same story beats.

“I’m mildly pissed off all the time, vaguely threatening, and know you’re lying to me. Watch out, boys.” / “I’m blatantly lying to you and worried about things you will probably never actually do to me yet I also find you beneath my contempt at the same time and treat you like a joke.”

Over and over and over again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

It’s just that one weird guy who really likes Agents of Shield, so don’t mind him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

It’s just that one weird guy who really likes Agents of Shield, so don’t mind him.

And again for what it is and always set out to be, Arrow is doing pretty good this year. It's just in the unfortunate position of being the gritty dour real show when everything else in its universe is bright and fun and wacky for the most part this year in comparison and there by just kind of seems better by default to people's tastes.

The show is fine.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

And again for what it is and always set out to be, Arrow is doing pretty good this year. It's just in the unfortunate position of being the gritty dour real show when everything else in its universe is bright and fun and wacky for the most part this year in comparison and there by just kind of seems better by default to people's tastes.

The show is fine.

On a whim, I took a look at the episode titles for this season, and I have some concerns this is all going to end in bullshit. :ohdear:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

The show is fine.

Yeah Arrow has been been solid, but Flash & LoT are in great shape and Supergirl is still really solid overall so it's just kinda...around. I'm hoping we now know who the big bad of the season is and things can pick up a bit, this recent episode felt like a catalyst.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah Arrow has been been solid, but Flash & LoT are in great shape and Supergirl is still really solid overall so it's just kinda...around. I'm hoping we now know who the big bad of the season is and things can pick up a bit, this recent episode felt like a catalyst.

This guy is wrong.

Arrow has been flat and lifeless since last season, Slade is the only high point.
Flash has been shithouse in almost every way except for Cisco and unbelievably, Iris. The comicbook science is like they are just throwing buzzwords together from IFLS articles.
Supergirl is aiight, zero romance this season, just action and angst.
LoT is LoT.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:shrug: To each their own

e: for more clarity:

LoT: continuing to lean into the camp in a very good way
Flash: I've got a few issues with the early episode pacing but it's not a constant bummer like it was last season so far. They've handled most of the drama in a much more humorous way.
Supergirl: I just really like the show & cast and thought they handled a certain persons departure very well and I'm enjoying the setup to the big bad
Arrow: uhh, last season was fuckin' great

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

:shrug: To each their own

I salute you and your opinion.