Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Monarch was more on the money though; your most blundering henchmen are nearly immortal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Plus entirely expendable.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Man that clip has just reminded me of how much I love Dr.Z, such a great understated character. I love the sheer glee he gets out of villainy and how he's viewed as this pioneering legend within the supervillain community. Watching him bust out the villain speech at Rusty's day camp and seeing Hatred geek out over meeting him were both great.

"What about scorpions? Can I drop scorpions on him?"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

NYCC Venture Cosplay, Friday

(I forgot to hem my shorts and totally looked the fool)

I broke the slide that lets me retract and extend my wrist blade about four second before that last photo so we'll see how well that holds up tomorrow.

Theoretically, I'm meeting up with a Dr Mrs and a Brrrrrick Frog tomorrow

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Sockser posted:

ith maddening

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Heh. Nice onesie, dick!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Your costume is great...but this guy, this guy kicks rear end.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Duuuuude!

Duuuuuuuuuude!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The first, shittier Blue Morpho approached me from behind and in a spot-on Monarch voice, says "21?! What the hell, I thought we were doing the Blue Morpho and Kano thing today!"

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The Monarch is surprisingly easy to do. You just have to basically yell the entire time.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Dry day on Venture Bros as far as I could tell

These loving guys are the best. The Dr Mrs did the Jackie O costume, the monarch costume, and the guild costume over the three days

This doesn't really count but I met the loving Sovereign!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
21 would totally go to NYCC in his henchmen outfit.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

IDK, he seems like the type that would spend the year making a costume.

He has definitely has gone as The Viceroy at least once, though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MizPiz posted:

IDK, he seems like the type that would spend the year making a costume.

He has definitely has gone as The Viceroy at least once, though.

By the way, I realized why Viceroy is a double joke, like the Monarch, because Viceroy's are a type of butterfly that's like a smaller, less colourful Monarch.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Also viceroys aren't actually poisonous, but monarchs are poisonous for potential bird predators. Their whole survival strategy is just to look tough like the monarch, but really viceroys are just big ole softies. 21's relation to the Monarch is exactly the same.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
21 is pretty self-aware about it too, given their whole villain spiel involved mentioning he mimics the monarch butterfly.

Wondering if they're going for anything in particular with the butterfly motif; certainly the Monarch's gone through more than one period of defeat and revival in a different form, the classical cycle of death and rebirth.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Hey gary did you meet a D,von Dudley?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
drat, so no NYCC panel this year? For some reason I thought they did them even on off years...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

twistedmentat posted:

"I'm going as Man-at-Arms from *He-Man*. We have the same general build. Plus I'm working on a sweet Sam Elliott 'stache for ~Mo-vember~."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

Hey gary did you meet a D,von Dudley?

Sure did

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Sockser posted:

Sure did

It was nice meeting you Your gary was quite sweet.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
hurry up and give us a special already damnit.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

6-year plan man posted:

hurry up and give us a special already damnit.

Not emptyquoting, but it's a little early still I think.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Stuart Wellington, Podcaster and owner of a hip Brooklyn Bar told me at the Flophouse's live show in Toronto that Jackson Public came into his bar and everyone acted like Chis Evans or someone else on that celebrity level had walked in.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

twistedmentat posted:

Stuart Wellington, Podcaster and owner of a hip Brooklyn Bar told me at the Flophouse's live show in Toronto that Jackson Public came into his bar and everyone acted like Chis Evans or someone else on that celebrity level had walked in.

He had.

:colbert:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Did he order a Red Mocho Kooler

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

JethroMcB posted:

Did he order a Red Mocho Kooler

Yes, and then he was immediately thrown out after an argument over what a "Rusty Venture" was ensued.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sataere posted:

Yes, and then he was immediately thrown out after an argument over what a "Rusty Venture" was ensued.

I still feel that Brock's definition is probably the most accurate one for what a Rusty Venture is

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I decided to watch the 2016 live-action The Tick series today... and it turnss out there's not very many episodes, so I burned through those.
So I decided to start watching the 2001 live-action The Tick series after that.

In the second episode of the 2001 series, Captain Liberty pulls up a list of known supervillains, and I spotted a familiar name...

It's Brrrrrrrick Frog!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Robot Hobo posted:

I decided to watch the 2016 live-action The Tick series today... and it turnss out there's not very many episodes, so I burned through those.

In the second episode of the 2001 series, Captain Liberty pulls up a list of known supervillains, and I spotted a familiar name...

It's Brrrrrrrick Frog!

The tick and venture bros live in the same universe. Ben Edlund is an old friend of Jackson. Public was a writer on the original tick cartoon and Edlund is the only person besides doc/jackson that has ever written an episode.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Robot Hobo posted:

It's Brrrrrrrick Frog!

Nice catch! If you haven’t watched the three seasons of the original Tick cartoon, watch those too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know Watchmojo is basically just Cracked on youtube, but they recently did a video for Shows to Watch if you like Rick and Morty, and of course Venture Bros was #1.

Good work Watch Mojo.

And yea, i've always thought VB and the Tick are in the same universe. Someday there should be an explicit crossover.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Mr. Nice! posted:

The tick and venture bros live in the same universe. Ben Edlund is an old friend of Jackson. Public was a writer on the original tick cartoon and Edlund is the only person besides doc/jackson that has ever written an episode.
I knew those things, partly from discussions earlier in this thread. Beyond just that general connection, it warms my heart to know that our buddy Brickfrog in particular isn't just some flash-in-the-pan, and has had a career spanning 18 years or more by now.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 31, 2017

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Robot Hobo posted:

I knew those things, partly from discussions earlier in this thread. Beyond just that general connection, it warms my heart to know that our buddy Brickfrog in particular isn't just some flash-in-the-pan, and has had a career spanning 18 years or more by now.

Posting in this thread with that username and your avatar isn’t Robo-bo, for shame.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Robot Hobo posted:

Well, 18 years is only like 3 Venture Bros. years.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
venture bros will be older than hank and dean soon enough

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That's not what their permits say!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Taerkar posted:

That's not what their permits say!

Two random Goons pick up a Venture Bros Season 5 DVD at Slackers.

"Hey, look, Season 6!"

"Wait, that copyright date... this can't be the 6th season, because if the show was born in 2004, then it'd be up to season--"

"Curiosity killed more than the cat," said a nearby space robot that had the face of Bo from Dukes of Hazzard.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

"You can read it like a book, but this is not a book, this is a suicide note!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hi, just driving by and posting one of my all time favourite Venture Bros. scenes not like there's a shortage of those

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdBravESMs