Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

GonSmithe posted:

$25 is really cheap for a concert poster, especially when it looks that good.

This. I was fortunate enough last time I saw QOTSA that the gig poster rocked and I now have it framed with the ticket, however when I saw Primus on the Wonka tour they had amazing posters for all the gigs in the run up, but when I saw them in Manchester the poster for that night was :effort: which was disappointing. Especially when they were asking £40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Love it. Can't wait to buy a copy. Can't wait for tomorrow in general.

I wonder how early I can line up... I want to be front row.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 23, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Man I'm really bummed the STL poster was so mediocre compared to some of these.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

GonSmithe posted:

Love it. Can't wait to buy a copy. Can't wait for tomorrow in general.

I wonder how early I can line up... I want to be front row.

is the skull being kicked supposed to be a Roll the Bones reference?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

If you live in NYC there might be tickets hidden in the subway polls

http://amp.gothamist.com/amp/articles/create?article_id=59ee0f47f0fcfa00012f668e

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ThePeavstenator posted:

is the skull being kicked supposed to be a Roll the Bones reference?

I never knew I wanted QOTSA to cover Rush!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Show last night was pretty great, Theodore is a monster. I was maybe a little let down that the setlist didn't have any deep cuts---Mexicola was the only rabbit out of the hat---and Unreborn Again was listed to be played but they subbed Head Like A Haunted House instead. Fortress and Unreborn Again were my faves from Villains so I was a bit bummed neither showed up but hey, still a wonderful show.

I still think the best one I've seen was in Portchester at the Capitol Theater, they played I'm Designer, Avon, Lost Art of Keeping A Secret, Better Living Thru Chemistry, Keep Your Eyes Peeled. I doubt many of those get played these days let alone in the same show. I wonder if I'll ever hear 3's and 7's in my lifetime.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

DLC Inc posted:

I still think the best one I've seen was in Portchester at the Capitol Theater, they played I'm Designer, Avon, Lost Art of Keeping A Secret, Better Living Thru Chemistry, Keep Your Eyes Peeled. I doubt many of those get played these days let alone in the same show. I wonder if I'll ever hear 3's and 7's in my lifetime.
I was at that show too, it's definitely up there with my favorite shows I've ever seen. Lost Art into Better Living was otherworldly for me.

This year's show at the Capitol was good too, but I didn't like the setlist as much and the sound wasn't as good. But that might be because Royal Blood (who were really solid) were loud as poo poo. I think my hearing was hosed for the rest of the week.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 25, 2017

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

at the DC show, they played Misfit Love, Battery Acid, and Monsters in the Parasol

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

They played pretty much everything you could have asked for in one set in Milwaukee except Head Like a Haunted House, which isn't particularly great but it's one of my favorites off the new album.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

at the DC show, they played Misfit Love, Battery Acid, and Monsters in the Parasol
Wow, they played I Never Came on that show, too. I've always thought that song was underrated.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I was definitely sad to see Un-Reborn again on the set list but I bet they didn't get to play it because of that douchebag who got kicked out.

I was in the first row, up on the bar, so I had an amazing time last night. Got some great videos/pictures too.

Edit- Also I had never heard Royal Blood before but they were very good. They were wasted and very excited to be there, they had great energy.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 25, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

I was definitely sad to see Un-Reborn again on the set list but I bet they didn't get to play it because of that douchebag who got kicked out.

lol gently caress can't believe we got robbed because of that shitheel. But, we need the prerequisite "Josh goes off on a dickbag" moment so. Totally agree that Royal Blood did a great job. Tried to listen to their album today and felt nothing, they're so much better live.

Cromulent posted:

Wow, they played I Never Came on that show, too. I've always thought that song was underrated.

Oh yeah, I was lucky enough to hear them do that at Barclays Center once. I keep hoping one day they'll do an album tour of an older thing but they only did that for the s/t one, which I also saw in 2011.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Cromulent posted:

I knew there was something else surprising I'd missed

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

lol gently caress can't believe we got robbed because of that shitheel. But, we need the prerequisite "Josh goes off on a dickbag" moment so. Totally agree that Royal Blood did a great job. Tried to listen to their album today and felt nothing, they're so much better live.

Oh yeah, I was lucky enough to hear them do that at Barclays Center once. I keep hoping one day they'll do an album tour of an older thing but they only did that for the s/t one, which I also saw in 2011.

That's just what I assume, because that took up about 5 minutes of playtime.
Being up front also let me hear what Josh said to the guy after he moved away from the mic, which was "Hey, don't be a loving dick. You, keep yourself in line."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

That's just what I assume, because that took up about 5 minutes of playtime.
Being up front also let me hear what Josh said to the guy after he moved away from the mic, which was "Hey, don't be a loving dick. You, keep yourself in line."

I love how often he says his dad is in the audience and I always believe it for like 5 seconds lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
What did the guy do

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

What did the guy do

He was pushing people to try to knock them over. Like everyone else was dancing and grinding on each other and bouncing and poo poo, but he was actively RAMMING into people. Then someone else pushed on him to tell him to knock it off and before they started fighting security stepped in.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Just got back from the Paris, France concert, my throat is done for a good week.

They played for two hours, every song from Villains except Hideaway (not complaining on this one), we also got (not in order) Monsters in Parasol, Make it wit chu, No One Know, Sick Sick Sick, Millionnaire, If I Had a Tail, Smooth Sailing (gently caress yes), I Appear Missing, My God Is The Sun, Go with the flow and they finished with A Song For The Dead.

Concert was dope, but the overall sound was unfortunately not really good: some in the audience got too much bass, we had the opposite with the guitars almost larsening on I Appear Missing. Not really the band's fault, what can you do.
Production values were better when I saw them 4 years ago too, as there were giant displays with animations from the various clips, but this time only some lightning work. That concert was recorded, so maybe they didn't bother this time.
But if was loving great, if you have the opportunity, go see them, they're still beasts on stage.

Cons : bad audio work from the venue, stage effects could be better, no awesome guitar solo.
Pros : it's Queens of the Goddamn Stone Age live, they deliver every single time, huge setlist, Josh forgetting the lyrics of Make It Wit Chu, everything they played, John Theodore on fire.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
At the show in Amsterdam tonight. They were great last time on the ...Like Clockwork tour so hoping for more of the same. Hope they pay The Fun Machine and Lost Art....

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

On QotSA's self-titled rerelease tour, I saw them in Omaha, and they encore'd with the standards (Go with the Flow, No One Knows, Sick Sick Sick) and the dude I went with suggested we go to the Des Moines for the next one. I declined since I didn't want to do the drive after work.
The encore in Des Moines had Fun Machine, Song for the Deaf(!), Infinity, and Feel Good Hit. I wanted to kick myself in the nuts for eternity after he showed me the setlist a couple days later.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

TwoStepBoog posted:

On QotSA's self-titled rerelease tour, I saw them in Omaha, and they encore'd with the standards (Go with the Flow, No One Knows, Sick Sick Sick) and the dude I went with suggested we go to the Des Moines for the next one. I declined since I didn't want to do the drive after work.
The encore in Des Moines had Fun Machine, Song for the Deaf(!), Infinity, and Feel Good Hit. I wanted to kick myself in the nuts for eternity after he showed me the setlist a couple days later.

I was at that Omaha show! :hf:

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Elliptical Dick posted:

At the show in Amsterdam tonight. They were great last time on the ...Like Clockwork tour so hoping for more of the same. Hope they pay The Fun Machine and Lost Art....

They didn't play either but the show was loving great! Playing I think I've lost my headache in the encore was a nice treat. Crowd was a bit mild though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wembley gig was good fun tonight, other than some pretty overzealous bouncers, and everyone talking over the quiet bits of Villains of Circumstance.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Anybody looking for a ticket to the Chicago show with rtj? Friend has an extra, asking face value

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

CaptainJuan posted:

Anybody looking for a ticket to the Chicago show with rtj? Friend has an extra, asking face value

DM'd you.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Shocking News: Josh Homme appears to be a oval office

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Uh... wow. That's uh, not good.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/josh-homme-kicks-female-photographer-head-kroq-acoustic-christmas-190456797.html

Edit- Dammit

sout
Apr 24, 2014

What the gently caress? Why?
Goddammit Josh. It's so easy to not do this.
Ugh.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

It looks like he was really, really hosed up. Doesn't excuse it, but.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

his whole thing of being a drunk/high rear end in a top hat is all well and good but he can't loving assault people

god dammit you kicked out nick oliveri for hitting his girlfriend you idiot

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 10, 2017

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He directs his foot wildly off course to aim directly for her face while grinning.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

starting your apology with explaining why you did it and it's actually okay but shame something bad happened is a lovely way to apologize.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah, that's a horrible apology when there's a video of you 100% kicking it on purpose. Really disappointed in this, my favorite band and I definitely though Josh was above this dumbass rockstar poo poo.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

cmon dude just own up to the fact that you meant to kick the camera out of her hands

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

As blatant as can be. Dick move.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
2017 is the year of career death. For me, the first was Louis CK. And with that poo poo apology, Josh Homme. Everything about the incident is absolute poo poo, all on his side.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah he's been worrying me lately. Some of his interviews have been making it sound like he thinks he's too good for sobriety even though he very nearly lost his life due to too much garbage being in his system a few years back. I don't like to judge the major life decisions of people I don't know, and not all people need to address their addiction issues by going cold turkey. I don't wanna act like one close call disqualifies him and now he has to be sober as some sort of penance. But if he's gonna do crap like this, he is obviously not really facing up to his issues seriously.

I believe him when he says he didn't realize he was doing it. That's what makes it scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I'm kind of amazed at the amount of backlash he's getting. I'm used to these kinds of incidents splitting people seemingly in the middle equally with the defenders working furiously to drown out everybody else. Not this one. There are a few defenders, but most everyone else is pissed at both the incident and "apology", including folks like me who have followed him for a long time.

Man the gently caress up, Josh.

• Locked thread