Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Stream's live on their page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Finally https://twitter.com/Lagana/status/929875242276700160

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I open the stream, first thing I hear is "Coach Flexo".

Good, good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I open the stream, first thing I hear is "Coach Flexo".

Good, good.

I've been binging old episodes of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood on the Fite App lately. Its a trip.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
is this just one isolated match, what is happening

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bill Goldberg posted:

is this just one isolated match, what is happening

It looks like the middle of one of CWFH's TV tapings. I guess they're just streaming this match live for the Corgan/NWA attention.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
the ring is very small

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Huh. I've never watched a live commercial rest break before.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Tim Storm looks like an Unreal Tournament 2003 character that has aged realistically

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wrestling companies have been trying to tell me for almost a decade that nick aldis has "it" and will be a huge star but hes just not

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Magnus generally strikes me as a totally serviceable upper midcarder you can count on, but not the guy to be a "World Champ."

But that's probably kind of what you want as you NWA Champion right now. A "name" who you can count on to wrestle ok matches and not embarrass you until you figure out what you're doing.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

But that's probably kind of what you want as you NWA Champion right now. A "name" who you can count on to wrestle ok matches and not embarrass you until you figure out what you're doing.

How the hell did Rob Conway become NWA World Champion anyways

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
this got ugly

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
oh my god

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bill Goldberg posted:

this got ugly

tim storm gassed out a few minutes ago lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was ugly and confusing.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress was that

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

lol that finish

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I am enjoying seeing all of the facebook thumbs and hearts turn into angry and sad faces on the livestream.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

remusclaw posted:

Is he any good?

Well now I know... Winner.. and still champion!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

That was ugly and confusing.

the tim storm experience

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i wish Tim Storm would cut a promo now

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Honestly I'm shocked that Billy somehow didnt win

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

At the tapings

I don't know what the hell that finishing roll was but it was... distracting

Postmatch a lot of people left and there's 4 matches left

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Tim Storm doesn't get gassed, he stays gassed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/929882538956541952

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/929883747146698753

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So what happened on the show? Can I assume Tim Storm is somehow still the Champion?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

So what happened on the show? Can I assume Tim Storm is somehow still the Champion?

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/929886786683375616

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah. He won with some really badly botched cradle rollup that he seemed to lack the flexibility to do. The kind where the two guys jockey position back and forth to have each other's shoulders down but Storm didn't seem capable of doing it well (Aldis wasn't too great either) so it was a massive mess.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

And no Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff showing up to steal Corgan's money? :sigh:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I found myself impressed that Storm, while obviously gassed, was stil trying to push through in a not terrible way, but yeah right there at the end where Aldis was going for a powerbomb spot and Storm blocked it, it was obvious Storm was supposed to probably do something and instead they called an audible and went right to the finish and that finish, hoo boy, that finish.

Hi i'm the guy who loves tim storm not to the level of making a real poster, but just printing tim storm's name on an 8x10 piece of paper

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 13, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just don't get why you keep the belt on Storm. He's clearly not going to impress anyone in ring and the only name credibility he has is the stuff they've built up in their videos and that's probably undermined by him showing he's pretty beat up the first time many people see him wrestle.

Unless there's some plan to string a bunch of "names" at Storm and have him successfully defend so when he does lose the belt he's "built up." But that seems pointless. Just pick who you want as your champ and have him drop the belt to them and start building.

I don't get it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They need Tim to play Santa at the NWA Christmas party.

And he is likely the bridge until they start doing their own studio tapings early next year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I just don't get why you keep the belt on Storm. He's clearly not going to impress anyone in ring and the only name credibility he has is the stuff they've built up in their videos and that's probably undermined by him showing he's pretty beat up the first time many people see him wrestle.

Unless there's some plan to string a bunch of "names" at Storm and have him successfully defend so when he does lose the belt he's "built up." But that seems pointless. Just pick who you want as your champ and have him drop the belt to them and start building.

I don't get it.

Storm got people to care about him while no one has ever cared about Aldis.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MassRafTer posted:

Storm got people to care about him while no one has ever cared about Aldis.

But do they still care now that he's shown he's broken down? The interest seemed largely out of curiosity.

I mean, its not like I thing Aldis is "the guy" either. Its not a big deal. It just strikes me as odd to be building up Tim Storm as your champion when you had an out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

But do they still care now that he's shown he's broken down? The interest seemed largely out of curiosity.

I mean, its not like I thing Aldis is "the guy" either. Its not a big deal. It just strikes me as odd to be building up Tim Storm as your champion when you had an out.

People are convincing themselves they saw a good match, so sure.

You could have an old guy with a good story who isn't very good in the ring or a normal aged guy with no story who isn't that good in the ring.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If it means there's going to be more 10 Pounds of Gold vids, I still care

Those videos are awesome

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Those videos are awesome

those videos were good but they still aren't the best NWA hype videos from this decade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-8evaGG96g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00O3gQQY96c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

if the plan for the nwa is to make me like someone, want to see him succeed against an opponent i know in my brain he should lose to, and then he wins, that is more than the nwa has ever given me in my lifetime

the finish was lol and the match was 'okay', but the guy i wanted to see won so woo

Chris James 2 posted:

Those videos are awesome

also this, those videos were rad outside of billy