Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
This game has been extremely discouraging so far. Why contribute if it's just like, four of us saying anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

Juchero posted:

This game has been extremely discouraging so far. Why contribute if it's just like, four of us saying anything?

Same

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Juchero posted:

Nah whats really discouraging is you guys no lynching

That whole nl thing was bs

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Moatillata posted:

There was no way we were going to get enough votes together in time, not with how utterly disinterested the majority of players were.

We had to replace out three people before day 2, this is not a game where we could have gotten 7 votes together on one person at that time.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
At this point I have no idea who to make a case against.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Moatillata posted:

I agree, that didn't help anybody

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Sorry, but I have to disagree highly.

Not lynching day 1 has nothing to do with the fact that the players in this game are largely absent from actually...playing the game.

This was a problem long before we hit the first deadline, because the mod had to add another 24 hours for people to not participate in.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
By the way, my gambito has worked. I knew if I made even half a case against someone, the scum would quickly come out of the woodwork. They even have a common theme:

Moatillata posted:

Xad posted:

I agree, that didn't help anybody

Notably, Anidav did not join in, because he's town and he does actually care if the game is played, while scum is perfectly happy to participate as little as possible, but only if the heat is on someone else. They also, with this train of thought, attempt to blame town's disadvantage on the few who have actually given a drat about playing.

Jeeze you guys make it easy.

tl;dr Xad and Moat are both scum, done and done.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Juchero posted:

Sorry, but I have to disagree highly.

Not lynching day 1 has nothing to do with the fact that the players in this game are largely absent from actually...playing the game.

This was a problem long before we hit the first deadline, because the mod had to add another 24 hours for people to not participate in.

Like I don't really care if you want to lynch a lurker instead, but I genuinely don't understand why PMush and B- think they had to encourage a no-lynch on purpose.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
To clarify, making the case didn't cause scum to come out to support it, because that would require participation, and scum have clearly decided here(and in the games I've played since my uneventful return to mafia) that lurking will work.

However, with a case out on the table, and no one else jumping to make any cases, they're effectively safe right now. Or so they thought.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Revolver Anidav posted:

Like I don't really care if you want to lynch a lurker instead, but I genuinely don't understand why PMush and B- think they had to encourage a no-lynch on purpose.

Honestly, I almost proposed it myself, but realized no matter what I supported it was going to happen anyway. Why they did it, I don't know, but I do know for a fact that no-lynching isn't always a scum move on Day 1.

I will say, PMush and B- are both candidates for the third scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don’t really see any reason to not think bminus is town now, mates.

I say we throw that shrimp on the Barbie, ##vote bminus

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Pmush case is good and very obvious to anyone that wants to play the game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I know it's the weekend for you americans but it would be nice if you drop in to say hi

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

I know it's the weekend for you americans but it would be nice if you drop in to say hi

What is your opinion on my disguise

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Revolver Anidav posted:

What is your opinion on my disguise

I dont know who you are: infinitum?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tired Moritz posted:

Very weird time to accuse people of not posting. Almost a whole page of posts since TM last said anything, and much more than a page since they said anything except "PMush is scum". I didn't like it yesterday, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. It's not shakingout nearly as well today.

##vote Tired Moritz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just woke uo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Are you going to address Juchero's case on you

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tired Moritz posted:

Are you going to address Juchero's case on you
Putting effort into games where half the players are lurking on minimum effort is exhausting and discouraging. "Scum lurks to victory while town tunnel each other" has been a theme of mafia for a while now, and I'm starting to get burned out again. But I don't want to drop out because then I'd just be part of the problem.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
But most of Juchero's case had to do with your day 1 behavior

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
No comment on Juchero's xad/moat comment? Or Revolver's bminus vote? Or did you ignore all that to zoom onto me when I made my first morning day post

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Hm. The impersonations aren't nearly as interesting without the combinations being apparent. Nor as easy to judge.

I'll be updating the OP with impersonation targets momentarily.

PMush Perfect has descended to the basement of her own volition.
She was a Party-aligned partygoer.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Well that was a waste of time

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

peramene posted:

1. Gulag Dolls in the style of Revolver Anidav.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

peramene posted:

1. Retro Futurist in the style of Juchero.

(seriously, what the hell)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Bminus got peramene? Tyat's an awfully coincidoink

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does that mean I can drop my SPOT ON impression of juch?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Bminus got peramene? Tyat's an awfully coincidoink

Also this

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Jeeze PMush, now the only person playing worth a drat is Anidav.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't know why but I had two people upset when I ask questions so now I think it's best if someone else do all the questions asking

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't know why but I had two people upset when I ask questions so now I think it's best if someone else do all the questions asking

Anybody do anything fun last night?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Juchero posted:

:sidvicious:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Xad posted:

Anybody do anything fun last night?

I wrote and study cause I'm a good boy

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

No offense, but you've been pretty stodgy this game, and your posting has been very inconsistent.

I'd hoped by today you'd have opened up a little :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Retro only makes 1 line coolheaded posts with old people slang.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

okay you lurker mofos

I'm flavorclaiming now because I feel this might be important: I'm Tired. so clearly being an active poster doesn't mean jack. I don't think flavor matters that much in this game.

I WISH B-MINUS WAS DELETED

##vote b-minus

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
My reads had been awful (rip pmush) but I still think bminus is to be looked at. Moat's low effort vote on me is super suspicious.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I'm pretty sure I'm just a VT in this game.

Also, yeah, I've searched my feelings and I really don't have any reason not to suspect B- as the third scum.

##vote b-minus

Honestly though, it's not a strong suspicion. At this point I don't care enough to prove it to myself, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juchero posted:

I'm sorry I haven't been giving this game the attention it deserves, I truly want to be an important part of this game and to that end I am going to re-read everything and try and provide some relevant observations quite soon.

• Locked thread