Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Watching Labor insist on kicking an own goal over citizenship when it comes to referring their own members going No No lalalalala will be the most Bill Shorten thing. You got gifted the moral high ground now lets make sure we are the villains and appear as obfuscating piss possums.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Argh wrong thread

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

Watching Labor insist on kicking an own goal over citizenship when it comes to referring their own members going No No lalalalala will be the most Bill Shorten thing. You got gifted the moral high ground now lets make sure we are the villains and appear as obfuscating piss possums.

lmao

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Lid posted:

chill out zack

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

Zack Sabre has a podcast?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I gotta know, did Bryan have no idea who Walter was

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

I gotta know, did Bryan have no idea who Walter was

He just saw a WALTER match.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What do you all think of Prichards show? I always feel like these shows with actual wrestlers can be so corny because I feel like people just loving lie our accuse others of lying. I feel like Prichard is at least being somewhat truthful though.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 13, 2017

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

What do you all think of Prichards show? I always feel like these shows with actual wrestlers can be so corny because I feel like people just loving lie our accuse others of lying. I feel like Prichard is at least being somewhat truthful though.

I like it. He and Conrad can be really funny, but he's often very full of poo poo. i.e. the XFL didn't lose money.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A great week

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/929925170701262848

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I love the Lapsed Fan for how much context and background they give everything they do. They're what Dave could be if he could hold a thought. They don't take it too seriously but they also show respect. Lots of fan interaction and letters which also are great. I'm not reading something like Helen Hart's book but they did. Who else gets perspective from people in Germany on the screw job? The length is perfect for work or anything.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

It’s one of my go-tos. Aside from like Cornette I don’t think any other podcast guy has as much insider knowledge on the way the major promotions are run and with Prichard specifically how Vince McMahons mind works. Bruce definitely massages the truth and can get defensive over some of the dumb decisions wwe made, and he HATES Meltzer and will go out of his way to to deny he’s ever right about anything but after a while I think he started to do it to get a rise out of Conrad. Conrad is excellent and one of the best co-hosts in any of the podcasts, and he’s not afraid to call Bruce on his bullshit and will flat out call him a stupid mother fucker if he goes way off rail. They’re really funny together. Bruce’s Cornette impersonation is abysmal though and he does it all the time, but his Vince is pretty good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I finally caught up on Cornette's appearance on Jericho's podcast and it was a blast, and it was nice to hear Starmaker Kenny there too since for some reason I thought the two had had a real life falling out.

I gave up on the Experience as a regular listen back when he did that episode ranting about Muslims, but there still isn't much better than hearing Cornette enthusiastically explain old school wrestling stuff. His explanation of how to properly work an ether spot was really entertaining.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Aesop Poprock posted:

It’s one of my go-tos. Aside from like Cornette I don’t think any other podcast guy has as much insider knowledge on the way the major promotions are run and with Prichard specifically how Vince McMahons mind works. Bruce definitely massages the truth and can get defensive over some of the dumb decisions wwe made, and he HATES Meltzer and will go out of his way to to deny he’s ever right about anything but after a while I think he started to do it to get a rise out of Conrad. Conrad is excellent and one of the best co-hosts in any of the podcasts, and he’s not afraid to call Bruce on his bullshit and will flat out call him a stupid mother fucker if he goes way off rail. They’re really funny together. Bruce’s Cornette impersonation is abysmal though and he does it all the time, but his Vince is pretty good

agreed

especially on his meltzer hate being a work. his best impression is jerry jarrett only because 'huhhhh' makes me laugh every time

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I finally caught up on Cornette's appearance on Jericho's podcast and it was a blast, and it was nice to hear Starmaker Kenny there too since for some reason I thought the two had had a real life falling out.

I gave up on the Experience as a regular listen back when he did that episode ranting about Muslims, but there still isn't much better than hearing Cornette enthusiastically explain old school wrestling stuff. His explanation of how to properly work an ether spot was really entertaining.

The Cornette episode was taped like 9 months ago. That's why Bolin is on it.

They are still feuding.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

The Cornette episode was taped like 9 months ago. That's why Bolin is on it.

They are still feuding.

Oh.

:smith:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cornette thinks Bolin's son is a dumbass and isn't hesitant to say it and he made a comment about how everyone tunes out whenever said son is on Bolin's podcast in kind of a joking way (on Twitter I think?) and Bolin didn't react very well to it. I feel like they've had a lot of brief spats like this over the years though so they probably won't avoid each other for too long

edit: Well that's what I remember Cornette saying but apparently it had to do with Vince Russo of all people??

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Prichard doesn't have a bad show and is pretty entertaining, though he will never give Meltzer credit and will instead try and find a different way to explain the exact same thing Meltzer already did. He's also very hesitant to step on anyone in WWE who might still give him a job.

As long as you recognise when he's ducking from the truth then it's all good.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DrVenkman posted:

Prichard doesn't have a bad show and is pretty entertaining, though he will never give Meltzer credit and will instead try and find a different way to explain the exact same thing Meltzer already did. He's also very hesitant to step on anyone in WWE who might still give him a job.

It's really obvious when he's ducking though and Conrad generally tries to take him to task for it and sometimes just outright mocks him for avoiding simple questions. I still like Cornette and Brian Last as a team but Last pretty much just agrees with everything Cornette says unless it involves a few select things like JBL

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Have you tried listening to the drive thru? It's only about classic wrestling.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What does Dave want from Santa wish list?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

DrVenkman posted:

He's also very hesitant to step on anyone in WWE who might still give him a job

I noticed that in the Bret Hart episode when discussing HHH / HBK.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What does Dave want from Santa wish list?

A Misawa Ishii broadway

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

JCE is Cornette screaming murderwords at Trump(sometimes entertaining) and occasional interviews.
Drive-Thru is mostly old wrasslin chat.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
i like virtual pros

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

JCE is Cornette screaming murderwords at Trump(sometimes entertaining) and occasional interviews.

I might have to give it a shot again if that's the format. I love Cornette but the Muslim rant was a massive turn off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

Have you tried listening to the drive thru? It's only about classic wrestling.

coconono posted:

Is that the one you need a MLW Premium Membership to listen to? Or is that just for older episodes?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Is that the one you need a MLW Premium Membership to listen to? Or is that just for older episodes?

The older episodes might be behind a paywall but the new episodes are not. I ended my MLW subscription once they made it free.

http://www.mlwradio.com/download-jim-cornette-s-drive-thru.html

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/PWTorch/status/930175829149184000

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wai was so worried about the Japanese internet and recording it from there last podcast https://twitter.com/wai0937/status/930327589071101952

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

The older episodes might be behind a paywall but the new episodes are not. I ended my MLW subscription once they made it free.

http://www.mlwradio.com/download-jim-cornette-s-drive-thru.html

Okay that's awesome, thanks. I'll check it out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Okay let's move on to the rest of the news.
Dave: Actually let's do the mailbag, there are a bunch of questions about Eddie we should do now.
Bryan: You wanna do the news first, then the questions?
Dave: No no, the mailbag first. I want to answer the questions.
Bryan: Okay then.
Bryan asks first Eddie question
Dave: Oh I don't know.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The WOR was mislabelled as WOL in my feed. So if you're having trouble finding it, look there

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Dave: Actually let's do the mailbag, there are a bunch of questions about Eddie we should do now.

You missed Dave starting to answer the question and Bryan interrupting to change the question.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Bryan: Benoit sent me a chair, don’t remember exactly what show it was from
Dave: Was it the cow palace? *five minutes rant on the cow palace*

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There's a Leo Nomellini obituary in the latest back issue.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh the Drive-Thru is free now? I’ll have to pick it up again, I always enjoyed it but I stopped giving MLW money a while ago.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bryan: he said there's a fate worse than death--kane
dave: watching kane matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair it was a lovely question. The rest of the exchange is still the best of Dave and Bryan.