Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

JOB POSTING
Seeking Computer Systems Analyst I candidates at two locations in Texas.

Who are we?
Applied Training Solutions. We provide technical services for US Government simulation systems as well as are developing an in house simulation focused on disaster response (FEMA type situations.)

Where are we?
We have contractors national wide, but are looking to hire in the Killeen and El Paso, TX areas.

When:As soon as possible.
Remote? No.
Relocation No.

Job Description
Provide training units with a simulation environment utilizing Joint Component Constructive Training Federation (JLCCTC) Multi-Resolution Federation (MRF) and / or Entity Resolution Federation (ERF) hardware and software configured to the specifications provided by the Military Training Manager. Interpret simulation plans in order to install and configure hardware and software in a TCP/IP network environment on systems running Microsoft Windows and RedHat Linux operating systems. Shall be proficient with current and future versions of simulation operating software and hardware fielded to the Battle Command Training Center.

What we actually need:
In plain english, operate assigned proprietary simulations running on a RHEL 7/Windows 7/Server 2012 enclave environment, and be able to perform basic trouble shooting from the command line in linux (seriously, we just need you to be able to type ifconfig and ping other hosts.) We can train you on all the systems, we hire on potential, not experience. There is no work experience requirement for this job, BUT there are two non-negotiables. You must either possess or be able to obtain DoD IAT Level 1 technician certification within 6 months of hire (A+ OR Network+ OR Security+, look up the table here: https://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx). You must either posses a Secret or higher security clearance or be able to obtain one.

What's it like to work here?
The work environment is very good overall. You will be expected to work 0730-1630 M-F, with overtime during certain exercises. You may travel to other training sites up to 10% of the time, but usually will be travelling less than 2 weeks a year and probably won't travel at all during your first year of employment.

The position offers healthcare, dental, 401k, (initially) 2 weeks PTO/year, and 5 days paid sick leave/year.

The bad
This is an SCA position, your pay is set by the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act, so there is very little room for negotiation.

401k match is weak.

How to apply
This position is open until filled. Start by shooting me a PM or emailing me at mriley AT appliedtrg.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I’m looking for penetration testers — I have some potential projects coming in that need pen testing and I want to subcontract those out. PM me for more info.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
So my original post on this from months ago got completely blown away thanks to a companywide hiring freeze. Only recently did we get the go-ahead to explore getting someone in on a part-time or contract basis, or outsourcing. I've made minor tweaks and am now actively looking for people. Edit: as of now it's a 1099 basis only. We have to be able to pay a company, not a person, due to budget garbage.

Who we are: A media company, headquartered in Indianapolis. The company has radio, TV, and publishing clusters in I think 9 cities in the US. Another division of the company has also recently developed an Android app that allows you to listen to live radio from stations around the country.

Where we are: This office is in NYC in the West Village, with easy and fast walks from Christopher St. PATH stop, Houston St. 1 train stop, or West 4th B/D/F/M/A/C/E stop. There's also a few parking garages nearby if you want to chance Holland Tunnel traffic.

What we're looking for: 1st tier helpdesk/desktop support. You'd be working with me (senior sysadmin) as your supervisor. 1-2 years' experience in some form of full-time end-user IT support minimum. As long as your environment has AD and Exchange, either on-prem or Office 365, it'll probably cover the requirement. The position is 30 hours a week, preferably 5 days but we can flex the schedule. It's first shift, start time can be anywhere between 8 AM and 9:30 AM. The role is strictly a contract with no extension promised. Last day is 2/28/18 unless things change. I don't want to oversell something I can't deliver on.

It's an AD environment, 95% Windows 7 PCs, eventually moving to Win 10 with a rollout of new equipment. Remaining 5% are Macs on OSX 10.10.5 with an upgrade to El Capitan coming for around 10 or so Macs. MS Office, basic PC hardware/software troubleshooting, networked printers and a few direct attached ones, other basic things. Building systems using SCCM and a spec document (it's step-by-step, just follow the doc and you'll be fine), ensuring built machines are adhering to all internal audit requirements, AD account management, and other basics. If you want to do more I'm happy to teach and mentor, let you shoulder-surf me, or do tasks yourself under supervision. If my boss is OK with me delegating more challenging tasks, I am happy to help. I know we can't attract on longevity so I want to make the position an enjoyable and helpful one if you want it to be that way.

What we're not looking for: The previous candidate had problems showing up late or not at all, and only calling or emailing the boss about it halfway through the day. We would occasionally have to have a talk with him about his body odor. He would also over-promise and under-deliver, leave tickets idle, and while he would fix things and respond to them, he didn't do so reliably. We need someone who is laid-back and gets on well with people and isn't a robot. There's no need to be a stuffed shirt here.

We're basically three radio stations, so the culture is very laid back. It's really a very big family, so if you're a shirt-and-tie kind of person, it may not work out, but once you get used to things here it's very easy to relax and actually enjoy your job. Plus you'll work for a goon who tolerates and encourages spending your downtime as you like it, so long as the work and projects/tasks are done.

Benefits: We can't budget for health/dental/etc., but we can offer TransitCheck so at least your commute expenses are pretax. There are also monthly office-wide catered lunch meetings with huge amounts of really good food, promo swag, hip-hop luminaries in and out of the office, no dress code (you can wear a T-shirt and jeans whenever the hell you want, I'm wearing a City Name Sports Team jersey while writing this). $25-$30 per hour DOE, but we can flex upward if you have the skills and experience.

We'll check references before hire so have two professional references available for down the road.

If we go forward, I'll schedule a quick tech screen phone call, and after that, we'll do a brief in-person interview. If you're not local, that's fine, but we can't provide relocation expenses and the in-person interview can't be done over Skype.

PM me your email or post it here and I'll reach out.

MJP fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 3, 2017

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Looking for job

Linux/Solaris admin with 5 years experience, plus a bunch of customer service experience. Hoping to find something in CO or NM, will consider relocation to anywhere but FL or TX.

Added my info to the spreadsheet, including Linkedin page

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Agrikk posted:

Thanks everyone for the CV submissions! At this point I'm pretty sure I've responded to everyone who reached out to me.

If you have contacted me and not heard back, please reach out to me again and I promise that I won't delay (school has started so no vacations in my future...)

I'm a little late to the party but I sent you an email!

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Position closed :(

du -hast fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 29, 2017

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

edit: job found.

organburner fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 5, 2018

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

If you're in Alaska (Anchorage or Fairbanks), we're always looking for good folks!

We've got desktop, server/network and programming positions open right now.

Pay is good and benefits are great, we have a vested interest in holding onto good people. Unfortunately we really can't do relocation for people outside the state (unless you're coming up here anyway) or do remote employees at this time though.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 29, 2017

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Maneki Neko posted:

If you're in Alaska (Anchorage or Fairbanks), we're always looking for good folks!

We've got desktop, server/network and programming positions open right now.

Pay is good and benefits are great, we have a vested interest in holding onto good people. Unfortunately we really can't do relocation for people outside the state (unless you're coming up here anyway) or do remote employees at this time though.

Well, if they ever decide to allow remote employees, hit me up :angel:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Searching for a job:

Experience: 2.5+ years, primarily in C and C++, two years of that in low level, the rest in server development. Also can use Bash, familiar with Linux. Know a handful of other languages somewhat well, including Python. Familiar with the I2C and SPI data buses. Somewhat familiar with SQLs.
Desired: Embedded/low-level (close to the CPU) development. Possibly server back end.
Not Desired: Front end and web development.
Education: BS in Computer Science, (soon to have) Associates in Electrical Engineering Technology
Where I'm Looking: Milwaukee metro area, willing to commute though non-trivial distances, comparatively (if it's an hour or so away, I might do it). Madison, WI, is also an option.
When can I start: ASAP on a part time basis (still in school), full time in June 2018

iospace fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 12, 2017

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

:yotj: !!!

SamDabbers fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 26, 2018

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
e: I'm dumb.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 4, 2018

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I know this is a little different from the usual scope in this thread, but we’ll see how it goes:

Job Seeker

Education:
BA in Experimental & Behavioral Economics

Experience:
For the last 18 months, I’ve been partnering with a Chinese vape manufacturer developing new products with a focus on premium models & providing development consultation. I’ve been providing industrial design services & marketing consultation both in the US and living 4 months a year in Shenzhen, China.
Self-taught in Rhino 5 modeling (3 shipped products).
Manufacturing consultation & supplier management from prototype to shipped product. If something needs to be made, I’m happy to do fieldwork & love working with manufacturers to find the right one for a client.
18 months running a Shopify online storefront for B2B & B2C sales.
Currently consulting on cannabis-based products with a domestic organization.
Scheduling training events with Duke University’s Human Simulation and Patient Safety Center.
Training & maintaining certifications with live & manikin-based simulations for physical therapists and anesthesiologist.
Marketing work with Cloud Sherpas, experience with various Salesforce and ServiceNow products.
Prototyping & form-factor checks via 3D printing. Products such as Raspberry Pi enclosures & home accessories like headphone/controller holders, & Nintendo Switch accessories.

Seeking:
Ideally a position not in the inhalants industry (but if that’s what pays the bills, it pays the bills). I’m happy to learn new software, especially when it makes my workflow more robust or simplifies certain problems if it’s a requirement or even preferred. Part-time, contract, & remote work is good as well.

Not Seeking:
Sales & helpdesk roles if possible, although if something seems like a fuzzy fit, I’m happy to chat about it!

Here via PM or mike@saltfabs.com

XRoja
Jan 8, 2002
Grimey Drawer
application closed, thanks

XRoja fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 18, 2018

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Job(s) available

Who we are: A software startup in the machine learning / AI / natural language processing space. The company started off in the MIT Media Lab and ended up monetizing from there.

Where we are: Our office is seconds off of the Central T stop in Cambridge, MA.

What we're looking for: A lot of stuff! The list includes marketing field manager, account executive, product marketing, HR/office manager, and others. For the tech stuff though, we need people who can work with Python. We need one senior software engineer, a few junior software engineers, and we're also looking to fill out the DevOps team (which is where I work).

We're a Mac / Linux (Ubuntu) shop entirely, no Windows machines anywhere. We have a hybrid onsite / AWS cloud infrastructure, mainly orchestrated via Puppet / Docker / Jenkins. Considering the small size of the company we have a surprisingly fleshed-out architecture, so DevOps people aren't going to get thrown to the sharks or anything.

What we're not looking for: Toxic cavemen. The company culture is decidedly progressive. Also I've had bad experiences in the past with developers who can't get along with others.

Benefits: Pretty dang good! Health/vision/dental, 50% discount for transit or parking, stock options available after 1 year, free lunch every two weeks or so during company update meetings. We can match up to 4% of your 401k contribution as well. Unlimited vacation is pretty sweet too (although they seemed to emphasize that the "rule of thumb" was three weeks).

If you're interested, PM me or email me a resume at imcuster at gmail dot com.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Got a job offer from this thread, thanks goons.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Job Seeker

Education: Bachelors in Computer Science

My Experience: Interned for a credit card processing company, have
What I'm looking for: An entry-level Software development job, work-life balance would be a very big plus
What I'm NOT looking for: A job that consistantly expects 50+ hours a week. Some Crunch is okay.
Where I'm looking: The Greater midwest area
When I can start: Now
Requirements: Non-temporary, fulltime position.

Contact me at appedersen@jacks.sdstate.edu

Deki fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jan 26, 2018

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
yup

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 11, 2022

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

edit: I got a job woo!

Maed fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 1, 2018

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Net Health Systems in Pittsburgh is seeking a Network Engineer. Required experience is minimal (3 years is listed but believe me, they're flexible).

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...53-65df69de769d

Salary is negotiable, and benefits at the company include unlimited sick days as well as healthcare through Highmark BCBS and vacation time + floating holiday. Working from home is also possible, though not something you can do ALL the time, given the nature of the job. I currently work for Net Health and can confirm the environment in IT is fairly relaxed, friendly, and not populated by too many dickheads. The company is fairly small -- but growing! -- with less than 500 current employees. Located in the Strip District.

Net Health is ALSO looking for an experienced ERP/CRM Administrator who can handle NetSuite and Expensify bullshit.

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...0f-b7a183a584be

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 14, 2018

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Job posting

My employer is looking for a couple of skilled C or C++ developers interested in working on open source software, primarily the Wine project, an implementation of the Windows API on top of Unix. This is operating systems-level development with high coding standards. Strong Unix/Linux experience is recommended, and win32 development experience would be a bonus. We're a small company of about 40 employees with a very casual and self-directed work environment. While we prefer people who are in or could relocate to the Twin Cities, many of our employees are remote so we're open to that, too.

If you're a fan of open source software, this is an opportunity to get paid to make it better. PM me or email me at coldpies@gmail.com and I can give you more details about how to apply.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Job Seeker

I'm a Data Engineer-in-training who is looking for an entry-level position so that I can work my way into the field.

My Experience: I have worked with Apache Hive, Spark, Nifi, Sqoop, Oozie, Kafka, HBase, Python, and others. Admittedly this experience is all academic but it involves real, hands-on projects as opposed to just books or lecture learning.

I can also do some data analysis in Spark.

I also volunteer as an AWS Cloud Admin, so I have experience with S3, IAM, EC2, Elastic MapReduce, Redshift, DynamoDB, and Cognito.

My Education: Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate); I'm also working on my SysOps certification and learning Java programming.

My Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm willing to relocate to the US, but I'm admittedly ignorant on what the immigration process is like.

PMs, this thread, vshideler@gmail.com

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Closed

BigPaddy fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 22, 2018

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Job Posting

Anyone looking in Georgia or Florida, we are looking for a Windows sysadmin for an ops/support position in Atlanta or Sarasota. Three years experience required. Flexible work environment, great benefits including health, vision and dental. PM or reply for details.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Job Posting:

Filled

Fcdts26 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 8, 2018

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 28, 2020

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Job Seeker

My experience: 3.5 years in a desktop/warehouse support role for a large specialty distributor. Currently attending a full stack web development bootcamp on nights and weekends which covers HTML, CSS and JS and some modern frameworks on the front end, .NET / C# / Azure / SQL on the back end. Will be finished early 2019, or could transition to a full time day class and be finished earlier if I could work outside those hours.

I seem to have a natural aptitude for understanding data manipulation more so than visual design.

What I'm looking for: Another desktop support or VERY junior dev position where I can rapidly learn as I go, preferably with room to grow.

What I'm NOT looking for: Sales

Where I live: Nashville, TN

Where I'm looking: Greater Nashville area, prefer no more than 20-25 mile commute.

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: 35+ preferably 40+, regular business hours or entirely outside them, good benefits package a big plus

Can be reached via: Forums PM or email: johnachor @ gmail . com

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
Job Posting

My company is currently looking for an NYC area based Systems Engineer to help me out with support and projects work. The company is based in MD and we have clients all across the country so some travel is required but is taken care of by the company.

What we do

We provide a wide range of media-focused IT services and solutions to niche markets, focusing on supporting systems to manage media content for education, sports, production, music, studios, and major broadcast environments. So if you have a background in media that's a huge plus but it's not necessarily required. Projects and support range from just the servers and storage providing the backend to desktop and server support, it varies from client to client.

What you would do

We maintain a mixed skillset. You’ll need experience in RHEL-based Linux (CentOS), macOS, Windows; AD/OD/LDAP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, Fibre Channel and Ethernet over Fibre, traditional copper ethernet networking; production storage including StorNext and Xsan; RAID, NAS and nearline storage concepts; Tape and disk based archive systems and concepts; scripting including Python and Bash; database management including PostgreSQL and MySQL. It’d be nice if you knew your way around Java, Groovy, web APIs including REST and SOAP; Nagios, rrdtool, and SNMP. Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus technologies is beneficial.

It does sound Jack of all trades but we're an MSP/VAR/what have you with a good amount of clients. I would say the above aren't hard and fast requirements and a willingness to dive in and learn is huge. Personally I know just enough about MySQL to start the process and be dangerous and I know a little bash and I really need to learn Python.

Note: since this is media macOS is heavily utilized by clients on the workstation side though the server side of things is very heavy RHEL-based Linux/Windows.

We utilize Salesforce for our ticketing system and PagerDuty for our on-call rotation and are rolling out Icinga for monitoring. On call hours are 8pm-9:30 AM (and weekends) and are set quite far in advance so schedules can be worked around.

Benefits

Health, dental, and disability insurance, Simple IRA with Employer Matching, and earned leave/PTO (if I'm remembering correctly it starts at 2 weeks and increases). Really great work environment, even though I work remotely (though some travel to Baltimore for company wide meetings is required)

If you're interested or have any questions shoot me a PM or e-mail me at ethan AT chesa DOT com

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 12, 2018

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

JOB POSTING
Seeking a quote on a project, likely will lead to you doing that project.

Job Description
I need a program that will work with the music engraving program LilyPond (or any other engraving program, but LilyPond is open source and its input is text-based and essentially a coding language, so it's likely the easiest) to systematically create every possible variation on a concept. I need the output in a format Sibelius can read (a quick Google search makes it seem like musicxml format might be doable).

Having even a basic knowledge of reading music is a huge plus.
Being in the Chicago/Milwaukee area is a plus.

How to apply
PM me or email me at cortelus@gmail.com

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Job Seeker
Looking for freelance or full-time jobs with D3.js (Data Visualization, Data Journalism, etc)

Where
NYC or remote

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Closed

BigPaddy fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 22, 2018

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Why are you people putting email addresses in spoilers?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

ColdPie posted:

I mean if the bots can't see it :eng99:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ColdPie posted:

Because this is the thread for people who are good with computers

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

Because this is the thread for people who are good with computers

Goon hacker rank.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Job Seeker
Recently laid off. Trying to get a job before severance runs out. :toot:
My experience: I've spent the last 3 years as a Technical Account manager for an endpoint security company. I oversaw day to day care and feeding of the project, daily standup calls, planning upgrades, keeping client aware of new features etc, I was also first point of contact for issue resolution. I can give more detail in a PM if needed. Previously I spent 2 years doing system admin work. I spent 6 months doing everything for a small company, server management (mostly 2008 r2), switch configs (cisco), building and maintaining hyper-v VMs, I have built ESX-i ones as well. I'm just 3 years removed from all that so I'm a bit rusty.
What I'm looking for: Either another TAM role or a jr system admin role where I can get back into the IT side of things
What I'm NOT looking for: hell desk

Where I live: Jacksonville FL

Where I'm looking: Jacksonville, DC, Austin, Seattle, I'm open to moving most places for the right job.

When I can start: I'd need some time to list my house and find a place to live if moving so 3-4 weeks most likely from date of signing offer.

Requirements: 401k, healthcare all that normal stuff

Can be reached via: Forums PM or email swatjr@hotmail.com...I know lol hotmail.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

ColdPie posted:

If you have to ask...

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

BigPaddy posted:

If you have to ask...

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but just in case this helps someone, spoilers don't stop bots from harvesting your email address.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

It sends a social cue of "don't copy this because I'm probably going to edit it out later"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Job Seeker

Experience: 12 years as Helpdesk/Admin/Project Manager in the fashion industry. Kind of a generalist but with a very good understanding of Linux/Windows/Mac (server and desktop), Active Directory, Group Policy, LAMP, and networking, as well as plenty of experience with O365/Gsuite including migrations from on premises. More of a jack of all trades, master of some. Got laid off in January (it was due to the company being financially challenged, not my job performance). I pride myself on being friendly, outgoing, and an excellent communicator.

Looking For: Honestly? Anything as long as its not entry level. I would like to make a jump into team leadership. Open to a similar small shop position like I had as well, though a small team would be nice too.

Education: BS in Network Design/CS

Where: NYC, preferably Manhattan but I live in Queens and would be open to Brooklyn as well. Bronx could be doable, not interested in Staten Island. Open to remote work.

When Can I start: ASAP

I have a full and proper resume/linkedin profile on request.