Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Let's see, how much of this work is meaningless fidelity distractions that just waste dev cycles that should be allocated to things like, oh I dunno, "gameplay" and "building a revolutionary internetworking architecture that can support 1000 players" and "player economy with 1 million simulated actors" etc...

Quavers posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7ckawo/scleak_patchnotes_30p/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Focus Feature Updates

Universe
  • Hint System: Added try on/inspect enter and exit hint events, as well as spawn point enter/exit hint events
  • Improved audio for size 4 Behring laser cannon
  • Adjusted close range lock-out for quantum destinations deemed too close

Ships and Vehicles
  • Rebalance of quantum travel fuel usage on all quantum drives
  • Prospector: Updated damage VFX
  • Retaliator: Updated ladder metrics for better grasping and updated door animations

Bug Fixes
  • Abandoned outposts should no longer have internal atmosphere
  • Toned down the thruster reflection on the Dragonfly MFD
  • Fixed certain ships that were using their quantum fuel for boost/afterburner
  • Adjusted overly loud ambiance at Grimhex landing pad
  • Airlock sounds should no longer be too loud when heard from 3rd person
  • There should no longer be a floating box in the back room of Cafe Musain
  • The doors at Port Olisar's Dumper's Depot should no longer clip into the walls when opening
  • Updated surface meshes to repair areas of the Prospector that were not taking damage
  • Players should now have proper animation when entering pilot seat and lower turret of the Caterpillar
  • Fixed various visual issues in and around Conscientious Objects at Levsk
  • Motion blur fix for Port Olisar rings
  • Terrain assets on Cellin and Daymar should no longer render noticeably close to the player
  • Players should now be able to interact with the side door on the Freelancer
  • Fixed floating assets inside Garrity Defense
  • CryAstro stations should now recognize the Starfarer's automated landing system
  • Fixed sign placement issue in Port Olisar weapon shop
  • Removed replaceme balls above hangars at Levski
  • Players should no longer be able to force their way through the collision of the front window in the Freelancer
  • Ships should no longer sink into the ground after the player lands on the planet surface and exits

Technical
  • Various crash fixes
  • Non-Focus Feature Updates

Missions
  • Changed lighting states at comm arrays
  • Further updated mission rewards and timer variables
  • Picking up the black box should no longer break the character or get stuck to the hand
  • Updated various AI spawning parameters for bounty, assassination, and recovery missions

UI
  • Added overheat bar to the heat MFD

Shopping and Cargo
  • Reduced the volume of shopkeeper's dialogue
  • Further polish to nesting and accordian grid hierarchy on the commodities kiosk

Ships
  • Avenger series: Moved location of ejection button so the interaction is less likely to be triggered accidentally

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the Deploy Data Beacon mission marker, which should no longer spawn far above the probe at Levski
  • Fixed some missing VFX from the Avenger Warlock and Titan on incoming damage or destruction
  • Fixed some LOD issues found within the Selfland hangar
  • The P4AR should no longer be missing various LODs
  • Starfarer interior should now have atmosphere
  • The "friendly fire" warning audio should now properly play in Squadron Battle
  • Item wear on MFD should now update properly
  • Shields so no longer recover regen while off
  • Player should now properly attach to the seats in the ARGO
  • Fixed misaligned logos on Revel and York elevator doors
  • Firing the P8-SC in burst fire mode should no longer create a looping mechanic sound
  • The top turret in the Starfarer should now be usable
  • Fixed unusual cockpit lighting in the 85X
  • Fixed pirate swarm M50s having replaceme textures

Basically everything listed here is premature polish caused by building finalized assets with high amounts of detail before you have any loving clue what your game is or does, let alone have the code to realize it.

Great job Chris Roberts! I would like to PERSONALLY thank you for saving PC gaming and wrestling it back from the hands of greedy publishers who just shovel out empty assets over pre-existing engines as a ruse to steal money from gullible gamer idiots! All 16 of your shell companies are my hero Chris Robert!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
In the last two weeks, I stated and finished West of Loathing and Rise of the Tomb Raider... two good games which began development after SC and finished development before SC.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
"We're not owned! We're not owned!" the posters of r/ds shrieked as often and as loudly as possible before the enveloping silence...

BluesShaman fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 13, 2017

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

Shopping and Cargo
  • Further polish to nesting and accordian grid hierarchy on the commodities kiosk

Accordion physics confirmed.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Toops posted:

All 16 of your shell companies are my hero Chris Robert!

It's 17 now. :)

Or is it? I lose count.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"This doesn't mean you won!" I sneer with my face pressed to the ground by Alexander's sandal and illuminated by fires in Persepolis.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

"When the person who doesn't like my space dream claims he was harassed he needs to just shut up and not talk about it at all so that he receives no positive attention and we don't look bad. Harassment should be handled personally.

But when Sandi claims she is harassed we need a social media blitz, con appearances and to make this supposed harassment a cornerstone of our entire lives here on r/derekstalkers. This can be used as a weapon against the person who doesn't like my space dream so that he looks bad and our side receives positive attention.

No this isn't a double standard. Why do you ask?"

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 13, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Opinion: Screenshots from /r/DS is the worst content in this thread.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

VictorianQueerLit posted:

"When the person who doesn't like my space dream claims he was harassed he needs to just shut up and not talk about it at all so that he receives no positive attention and we don't look bad. Harassment should be handled personally.

But when Sandi claims she is harassed we need a social media blitz, con appearances and to make this supposed harassment a cornerstone of our entire lives here on r/derekstalkers. This can be used as a weapon against the person who doesn't like my space dream so that he looks bad and our side receives positive attention.

No this isn't a double standard. Why do you ask?"

Sorry but one is sub-human scum and the other a m'lady so it is not a double-standard.

Sandweed posted:

Just enjoy them while they last

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Accordion physics confirmed.

Kiosks to be owned/operated by in-game Weird Al.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
lmao

What a great day, all good things for the game and it's awesome community

star citizen will be coming out any day now

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Sandweed posted:

I disagree. My posts are often worst.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Sabreseven posted:

POTUS : "The country owes Dickwolf a debt, we wouldn't have gotten this far without him popping his chappy out, taking a bathroom mirror selfie and posting the image to a married woman who had no interest in him at all, well done" *affix medal*

If you’ve pledged enough, they’ll let you do whatever you want. You can show them your micropenis.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

nawledgelambo posted:

star citizen will be coming out any day now
Since CIG changed the format of their schedule reports (Gee, I wonder why) it is now the shitizens who must create the proper graphs to show all the progress.

Any day now!

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Like tears in rain.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sabreseven posted:

It's 17 now. :)

Or is it? I lose count.

Every dollar you pledge helps Chris Roberts build the corporate shell game of his dreams.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sandweed posted:

Apparently some people think they serve a valuable purpose but in my opinion they are gently caress.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Kraiklyn_/status/929992578749132800

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

trucutru posted:

Since CIG changed the format of their schedule reports (Gee, I wonder why) it is now the shitizens who must create the proper graphs to show all the progress.

Any day now!

These bars progress well, they will have to enlarge the scale for some of them very soon. Good job RSI/CIG/F42/etc..

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Sandweed posted:

Eh... they're better then when the thread goes all creepy.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Dooguk posted:

Like tears in rain.

We're losing the ongoing lols from r/ds, but it sure is hilarious watching them cry as the truck hauls away their playground equipment.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Toops posted:

Apparently some people think they serve a valuable purpose but in my opinion they are gently caress.
There's uniquely funny ones but the basic posts about derek's balls, derek is bad/poopy/bad game man, 3.0 will blast away all doubters and whining about a public facing PR person finding her job too difficult because strawmen is just rather dull content.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Abuminable posted:

We're losing the ongoing lols from r/ds, but it sure is hilarious watching them cry as the truck hauls away their playground equipment.

Someone will just form another subreddit and they'll move there. They can't not talk about Skippy.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MarkyMarg2/status/929917725715046400

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

lol get loving rekt

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

HycoCam posted:

As a little public service announcement and since no one else has pointed it out: OldSchoolCmdr appears to have paid his :10bux: and follow the action on SomethingAwful!

Just so you don't get added to OSC's ignore list, make sure you don't quote these posters back to him:

Please DO NOT quote these blocked clowns when they respond to meOSC.
|AutismVaccine|big nipples big life|Chin|D1E|Jobbo_Fett|Lladre|Lack of Gravitas|Mr.Tophat|PhallicPhalanges|
|Variable 5|

LOL

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Toops posted:

lol get loving rekt

:laffo:

Star Citizen : a theorektical limit to what can be won.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

why do all r/ds posters sound like butthurt children?

its almost as if they know that there will no be SC game.

i mean, we cant even invite them to post here, the thread would be melting down more than chernobyl+fukushima combined

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

AutismVaccine posted:

why do all r/ds posters sound like butthurt children?

its almost as if they know that there will no be SC game.

i mean, we cant even invite them to post here, the thread would be melting down more than chernobyl+fukushima combined

Hey that remind me an old french joke I'll try to translate :

How do we call a leper in a pool ?

An aspirin.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Zzr posted:

Hey that remind me an old french joke I'll try to translate :

How do we call a leper in a pool ?

An aspirin.

drat son, thats really fitting. gg wp

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So, we were discussing how CIG is going to make the whales angry if ships were too easy to earn in-game and would probably make everyone else angry if ships took long enough to earn in-game for the whales to feel their money was well spent.
I think EA may have found out just how much people would not like the Battlefront equivalent of a really long grind for ships. One of their community team replies on the Star Wars Battlefront reddit has something in the area of 137,000 downvotes on the topic of Vader being locked by a really long grind.

Of course, CIG's masterful way of avoiding this problem will be to never actually finish the game, so... Chris Roberts 1 - EA 0?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Is Ivan_SC an auditor? And is jester86 German?

Asking for a friend in Germany, who urgently needs an auditor who resells second-hand spaceship pictures.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

AP posted:

Someone will just form another subreddit and they'll move there. They can't not talk about Skippy's penis and nipples

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
so how are the moons coming

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

so how are the moons coming

-moons

means literally game - moons = game without moons

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Bofast posted:

So, we were discussing how CIG is going to make the whales angry if ships were too easy to earn in-game and would probably make everyone else angry if ships took long enough to earn in-game for the whales to feel their money was well spent.
I think EA may have found out just how much people would not like the Battlefront equivalent of a really long grind for ships. One of their community team replies on the Star Wars Battlefront reddit has something in the area of 137,000 downvotes on the topic of Vader being locked by a really long grind.

Of course, CIG's masterful way of avoiding this problem will be to never actually finish the game, so... Chris Roberts 1 - EA 0?

Gamers are stupid enough to not cancel their preorders/buy the game regardless how much p2w EA is shoving in this shitpile. I hope they add even more stuff to it, the complete game should cost around 1500€

e: jesus 158k downvotes, but its doesnt really matter

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do you have PMs? Alternatively DM me on Twitter.

Here is my custom solution for increasing the IKEA motorized desk height to what works for me at 6’2”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

AutismVaccine posted:

-moons

means literally game - moons = game without moons

My favorite moon name is "Yella."

Where do you think Chris got the idea for such an awesome moon name?

Was it the color do you think? Or maybe the DJ from NWA?