Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Pythag
HP: (3) of (3)
Skill: Math
Equipment: Armor (+4), Iron Shield
Glory: 3

Action: Loot Skillcore (Lying) 1d100 = 87

Story Request: Resonating Skillcores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

Name: Neebs
Skill(s): Sales, Drinking (used this turn)
HP: 1
Glory: 5 -> 1

Neebs finished making rounds forcing water down pretty much everyone's throats. Some of the wounded actually started to complain about how they weren't thirsty...saying "No more, no more. Please no more." But that didn't make any sense whatsoever: of course they were all thirsty, she was thirsty, after all.

Neebs noticed Gawp cleaning up Wendigo viscera; so she decided to help him out by sweeping up some of the smaller chunks with the battlebrüm. Actually...some of the larger chunked Ugly Wendigo hide could probably be used to reinforce armor. It had certainly proven rather resilient when they were fighting it. She grabbed a few of the larger pieces of Ugly Wendigo Hide and went to Magda to see if it could be fashioned into a leather armor upgrade costing 4 glory.

There also seemed to be a Ḿ̧͘͟è̸̸̛͝r̷̛͘͡c̢h͜͟͜a̷̢͘n͢͟͡͠t̸̡͠ skillcore in the viscera. While her first instinct was to grab it...she hesitated. Something about it didn't look quite right. No...that was probably just her imagination. A skillcore is a skillcore. She made a grab for the Merchant Skillcore: 1d100 48

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

HP: 2/2
Glory:7

No time for fluff right now, rolling for the Kicking Skillcore: 1d100=95

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging, Cleaning, Imagining
HP: 2/3
Glory: 7

Worn out from all the running and fighting and with the unworldy howling from the wendigos still ringing in her ears, Portha wanted nothing more than to collapse, but orders were orders, especially since she was one of the soldiers in need of medical attention.

Nägel's infirmary was slightly less like a torture chamber than she'd imagined, though still a bit too heavy on restraints for comfort. Still, there was no way to know how sanitary they kept it or even if it had been cleaned after its last patients before the UH invaded. Time to raid their cleaning supplies and make sure it was a sterile environment.

Disinfect the infirmary 1d100+17= 89

Hopefully that thorough scouring would keep the wounded from getting infected by any diseases lingering in Nägel's medical labs. Of course there was one last thing Portha needed to do before collapsing, Grimper needed to be updated on Fostis. She went up to him and reported that they'd managed to flush a large group of angry unnailed Frömen from a hidden bolthole deep inside the mines and were finally able to defeat them after regrouping with the other parties. And with that done she collapsed.

e: Old Guys and their technology for the horde vote

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 13, 2017

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Name: Gryph
HP: 3
Glory: 4
Skill: Bandaging/Medicine

EDIT: This used to be a thing, but I accidentally edited it, and now I've lost the original. Whoops! Never mind, nothing important, all rolls were already accounted for etc. I just deleted a post. I think I grabbed armour and rolled for Skillcore Regeneration, but got beat by patsy.

Torchlighter fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 15, 2017

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I just edited my skillcore and armor buys into my previous post.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 14
Skill: Mushrooms

Trying to claim science skillcore: 1d100= 36

Resonation for story time

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Noticing a few "If Glory is added result is x" notes or just straight up rolls with glory added on every loot cycle so, for the sanity of the people counting, reiterating that :siren:You don't add Glory to Loot rolls:siren:. An applicable skill is fine, but Glory is excluded to keep things fairer for people entering the game late or coming in with a fresh character after theirs died.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 12, 2017

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Successful Businessmanga posted:

Noticing a few "If Glory is added result is x" notes or just straight up rolls with glory added on every loot cycle, so for the sanity of the people counting reiterating that :siren:You don't add Glory to Loot rolls:siren:. An applicable skill is fine, but Glory is excluded to keep things fairer for people entering the game late or coming in with a fresh character after theirs died.

Thank you! I am not in a position to... sensibly post

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Name: Bamboo
HP: 3/3
Glory: 17 > 17
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

-[Nägel]-

Bamboo continued to grope around the floor of the vault. In short order, she was covered head to Töan toe in filth, grime, and the remains of the Wendigo battle.

For any who cared to listen, she repeatedly muttered to herself, " . . . Must. Save. Family! Must. Get. Stronger!! Must. Save. Family! Must. Get. Stronger!!"

Dog Kisser posted:

:siren:People who were stuck in Nägel -each of you can take 1 (one) Weapon . . . for free!

It was a simple thing, really. Two wooden rods, about as long as a palm was wide, connected through the middle by a length of wire. Easy to conceal, it could be rolled up and tucked away anywhere, as the length was just enough to wrap itself around the neck and throat of an unsuspecting victim.

Bamboo had found a Garrote, and she wordlessly hide it away in her leather armor.

Dog Kisser posted:

. . . Ą̀͠c̵̢͡͠͏r̴̸̛͝͡o͘͢͜͡b͜à̵̡̕t̷̢̀͜i̸̸͞c͘͟s̀͜͟ . . .

Through sheer circumstance, Bamboo placed her hands on the Ą̀͠c̵̢͡͠͏r̴̸̛͝͡o͘͢͜͡b͜à̵̡̕t̷̢̀͜i̸̸͞c͘͟s̀͜͟ skillcore; clutching at it ferociously, she attempted to make it hers.

Action:

> Bamboo attempts to claim the Ą̀͠c̵̢͡͠͏r̴̸̛͝͡o͘͢͜͡b͜à̵̡̕t̷̢̀͜i̸̸͞c͘͟s̀͜͟ skillcore: 1d100 65 [1d100=65]

Later, as is now become custom for The Horde, when the Warlord was somewhat into his cups, Bamboo sidled up to Grimper and asked, "What. Are. OLD GUYS!"

CourValant fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 12, 2017

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Task Manager posted:

The banner ad needs to meet the following specifications: 40kB max, exactly 468x60px - Allowed types: GIF, PNG, JPG.
40kb is small! Here's what I've got:

Version A:

Version B:

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Nov 12, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

B!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

B is good!

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

It's Beautiful!

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
Ok, you know what? I'm participating

(Face B1)

Jämz
Skill: Persuasion/Seduction
Glory: 0

Jämz always uses tricks to people make give information, or do favors. For women, it easily seduce, usually leading to the bed. He joined the horde to get away from being pressed into marriage by one of his conquests' families.

Roll: Not getting the free loot from having been in Nägel, Jämz tries to persuade/seduce a Mook into sharing their loot with him.
http://orokos.com/roll/567880

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Ubern00b posted:

(Face B1)

Jämz

Jämz always uses tricks to people make give information, or do favors. For women, it easily seduce, usually leading to the bed. He joined the horde to get away from being pressed into marriage by one of his conquests' families.

Roll: Not getting the free loot from having been in Nägel, Jämz tries to persuade/seduce a Mook into sharing their loot with him.
http://orokos.com/roll/567880

Welcome! Hop on into the Discord here to chat with the Horde. Also, you DO get free loot, either a Weapon or Armor, but you can ALSO try to rob a Mook!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Extra Skillcore: Sitting Quietly
Glory: 13
Ritual Glory: +1

Snödis did not participate in the looting of skillcores, being far too busy with her other tasks. She did make a mental note of the few Tö who dared examine the poor Wendingoes closer however. Where they reaching for the corrupted skillcores?
In Snödis' mind that could only be a good decision.

--

Grimpner, please tell us about resonating!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Ubern00b posted:

Jämz

Dog Kisser posted:

Welcome! Hop on into the Discord here to chat with the Horde. Also, you DO get free loot, either a Weapon or Armor, but you can ALSO try to rob a Mook!

Does he also get two skills to start? Is it Persuasion or Seduction? Both seems . . . like a lot?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Ubern00b posted:

As Dog Kisser said, even though Jämz was at Nägel when the army shipment was intercepted, he's still entitled to his single free weapon or armor item!

Also, using your skill gives your 1d100 roll a +10, so your roll to seduce a mook for loot was actually a 1d100+10 = 55 !

Also-also, since we're in downtime, that means it'll soon be story time with General Grimper! If you want, feel free to have Jämz suggest one of the bolded word from the OP's posts to hear the General talk about them.

CourValant posted:

Does he also get two skills to start? Is it Persuasion or Seduction? Both seems . . . like a lot?

Seduction as a skill seems like it would be limited by the target's gender, whereas Persuasion would allows Jämz to influence either gender more freely. Personally, I'd go with Persuasion!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Seduction as a skill seems like it would be limited by the target's gender, whereas Persuasion would allows Jämz to influence either gender more freely. Personally, I'd go with Persuasion!

Well, there's nothing that says you CAN'T seduce members of the same sex.

The point I was trying to get across is unless Ubern00b has special dispensation, its one skill per character to start with, otherwise I'm giving Bamboo Weaving/Quilting/Tapestry Making/Knitting/Pole Dancing/Aerialist. :colbert:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Ha - other people have listed their Skill as "____ and ____" before, so I end up just picking one of them when I make their card. However, you do have the benefit of being able to pick which Mook you're replacing. Check out the spreadsheet here and scroll down to the bottom and see which Mook you want. Some of them have additional Skillcores, some have items they've collected already, some have Slinkekelomas, and I think a couple even got Mutated. You'll inherit whatever their current stats are (Glory and HP, too) and can just jump right in.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Dog Kisser posted:

Check out the spreadsheet here and scroll down to the bottom and see which Mook you want.

OMG, the book keeping, its horrifically beautiful!?! Dog Kisser, its like a full time job isn't it?!? :stonk:

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Name: Gloff
Skills:Lifting (used), Swimming, Smithing (using)
Glory: 7

Picking himself off the ground, Gloff spat blood to the side, and stared at what remained of his implement.
Only a splintered stump remained of what might one have been... a chair?
He'd hit and hit and still, if not for the Warlord.
Time to become less useless.
After stopping by the carts and grabbing a piece of armor, he went back to the big hall.
The Smithing Core tells him clearly how much of a pain it would be to get anything from the huge vault door, but...
Walking over to one of the ruined hinges, Gloff grabs hold of the hinge pin, yanking as hard as he can.
A solid rod of Old Guy metal should make a good beating stick at least.
Falling onto his back, he decides to just lay still for a while.

Wow, fail: 1d100+10=17

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

CourValant posted:

Bamboo had found a Garrote, and she wordlessly hide it away in her leather armor.

Just FYI, Bamboo wasn't one of the Töans stuck at Nägel - she already got her free armor last downtime!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Just FYI, Bamboo wasn't one of the Töans stuck at Nägel - she already got her free armor last downtime!

Oh, sorry. I thought 'stuck at Nägel' meant everyone who was at Nägel last turn. If that's the case, please ignore the weapon pick-up.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Skills: Spreading Disease
HP: 1/3
Glory: 9

Grumbus collapsed in a fit of wheezing and coughing. Holllllly mother of Reina was that terrible! When he stopped hacking up blood, he rose unsteadily to his feet. To his great distress he wasn't sure if it was because of his wounds or because he caught a case of Red Lung. And the whole rest of the horde wasn't doing much better. With their current state, if they got any kind of infection or disease from their wounds, there was a chance he would be blamed. He began to panic as he remembered the last words of those Public Health and Safety bastards who had him conscripted.

"And if you try doing your merry plaguebearer bullshit on any of your hordemates, we've made sure whoever's in charge will burn you alive."

Grumbus rummaged through his case and removed a bottle of rubbing alcohol that he had been saving. To drink, of course. He took a quick swig and shambled through the horde, disinfecting wounds. He even washed his hands, which was a shame because he had finally accumulated just the right amount of grime.

Grumbus is on medic duty: 1d100+19 = 86 Edited to include skill.

When he finally ran out, he was still feeling pretty bummed. He approached Magda and asked, "Hey, uh, do you have any pets? I could use some little buddies."

Grumbus is getting a free weapon: Bag of Diseased Vermin

He even found a new skillcore! He swallowed it and could already feel his considerable foulness *expanding*.

Claiming the Cursing Skillcore: 63

He opened his mouth and let out the purest expression of how he felt, "PISS"

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 13, 2017

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

The Lord of Hats posted:

Looking at the pictures, I'm pretty sure Sucy wears her scarf the best.
It's true:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

:perfect:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Potrait:

Naim: Mason
Skillz: Mason Hootin' an' Hollerin' Mason Masonry
HeeP: Mason Mason Mason
Glury: Masonx9 -> 10

Mason HURTS. It was nearly as bad as the time he used his head to open up the Ol' Mason barn after the rat bastard cousins-brothers locked themselves in for their "Kno Masuns Aloud Klub" He was picking out splinters for days. Unfortunately he didn't have Ma Mason around to tend to his wounds today, so he will have to make do with what he has on hand. Fortunately a lot of supplies are around and he has quite a bit of Valleyballs.

After some careful trading, Mason was now the proud owner of another Mason skill. Nevermind that it was really for the building and setting of stone walls and structures, but this time it really had the word Mason in it - he even pulled over a few literate UNEXPECTABLES to confirm the letters! So Mason started slabbing mortar onto his various wounds and hoped for the best!

Mason Uses Mason to Heal Mason: 1d100+20 109

OOC: Mason trades his Loot to get dat sweet Masonry skillcore

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 13, 2017

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Just a friendly reminder that Put Up That Banner! will close today at noon EST, so if you're still working on a banner and want to submit your effort (but may not make the deadline), speak now or forever hold your peace! If no one submits anything further, we'll go with Prince of Space's wonderful banner Version B, and I'll put things in motion to get it in circulation starting tomorrow.

Prince of Space posted:

40kb is small! Here's what I've got:

Version A:

Version B:

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009

Dog Kisser posted:

Thanks! Yay, free loot. In that case....still, it's not so much _rob_ them, it's to _seduce_ and I will try to keep more with the rules next post.

@CourValant @Prince of Space
I meant to persuade in the seductive sense, so we're going with seduction as a single skill, then. It's a pretty portrait so I was gunning for Jämz Bünt and will build the rest of the skills out to that profile as I acquire them.

Bold Word - Story Time - I don't get completely
Esprit - does that qualify?

Ubern00b fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 13, 2017

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Ubern00b posted:

Bold Word - Story Time - I don't get completely
Esprit - does that qualify?

The bold word story time goes with Dog Kisser's lore posts, if you look through what has happened you will see that DK has bolded some words. These words can be used to ask Warlord Grimper for stories, we all vote on what grabs our attention and then DK lore posts. Previous vote was for Monsterism, which had appeared bolded in an earlier DK post so was up for vote. If Esprit appeared bolded in a DogKisser post, it can be asked, otherwise have a peek through DKs last few character posts for bold words that look interesting to you.

Also, we (the Töan horde, the Unexpectables!) have been using bold words to highlight key parts of our posts so you can pick up on the gist of it while skimming (long on character posts are fun, but not for everyone), or pick out your Töan's name easily if someone is talking to them, but these are not for DK story time, only for our own reference.

From your previous post, of you use the BB code button underneath your roll result (next to the text that says copy pasta) and copy/paste that in to your post rather than just the page link, it shows us the the number you rolled in your post without having to click through, makes it easier to see :-)
Like so~
Seduce a mook out of their loot: 1d100 45

+10 for skillcore use makes 55.

Edit: @BadSeafood, skills reset before and after downtime, you all good

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 13, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Name: Gigs
Skills: Unflappability, Triangulation
Glory: 16

Gigs blinks. He could've sworn he was...huh, well, nevermind then.

Standing up, he brushes himself off and approaches Warlord Grimper with his notes in hand, slightly crumpled, smelling faintly of wendigo entrails. And he thought they smelled bad on the outside.

Summoning up his reserves of carefully calculated professional indifference, he quickly informs Grimper as to what's what and what's wack about the Old Guy Vault, including the deathtrap funhouse bit, and stands ready for further instructions (1d100+26 = 67). :coffeepal:

(EDIT: I forget what the ruling is with regards to whether or not our skills reset during downtime, so you may need you mentally subtract 10 from my result, if that even matters.)

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 14, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Ubern00b posted:

@CourValant @Prince of Space
I meant to persuade in the seductive sense, so we're going with seduction as a single skill, then. It's a pretty portrait so I was gunning for Jämz Bünt and will build the rest of the skills out to that profile as I acquire them.

No problem, thanks for being open to feedback, and welcome to The Horde! :ocelot: :)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

A couple items - still a few to do, but Grimper Chat update still coming today. Actual action resolution stuff is pushed till tomorrow because this is a bit of a heavy workload!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 14, 2017

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Spiffy! You’re a machine, DK.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The problem with making these is they become obsolete awfully quickly!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

As the terror of combat slid into the slow grinding uncertainty of the trauma center, Grimper slunk off into the corner with his booze. His soldiers brought him reports and reconnaissance, things he felt like he ought to know… but he gives them off until “tomorrow, tomorrow…” He needed time to think. He whipped an empty bottle at one of the Wendigos’ cages, relishing their sharp howl of alarm. It had all hosed up. He'd had to act. Foolish. To save his men? They'd pulled through, most of them, and after all they'd come here to recruit even more. Replaceable… but he'd acted, because they'd deserved help. They'd fought their hardest against an unbeatable foe, and that was a fire he could use to forge them into something worthwhile. Sure, a few of them would burn off into nothing, but better a dozen crack troops than a hundred stick-wielding nudists. Some of them had even Resonated, already. He hadn't hoped for any yet, let alone several. Speaking of which…

“Hey. Gado, Snödis, get over here. The rest of you, cram around if you aren't bleeding to death like a pig. And if you are, keep it down so they can hear me.” He belched loud enough to shock himself and frighten the Wendigos and prisoners into silence. “I’ve heard rumblings about just what the hell Skillcores even are, and particularly what this Resonance business is, and even how you get big and strong like old Grimper here! Well… that last one is a state secret and IF I HEAR YOU ASK AGAIN I’LL BREAK YOU but the rest I can speak on.” He lifted Gado off the ground by one arm and poked him in the belly. “First of all, Skillcores hide up in your guts, right here. The Ritual Nailed into you has imparted the finer details of the points of attachment to your nervous system and whatnot, but the long and short of it is this is where they sit, anchored to bone so they don’t wiggle around and poo poo. Now, everyone has one - they grow inside you, whether you’re Töan or… otherwise.” He cast a disparaging glance at the Frömen among them.

“When you’re a snotty little poo poo, it’s all soft and squishy because you’re dumb and worthless. As you get older, it fills up and gets tough like a stone. At some point, you come into your particular Skill. Now, before you ask - does the Skillcore makes you good at something or does being good at something set your Skillcore, or something along those lines: it doesn’t matter. No, listen to me. When I say it doesn’t matter I mean ‘I don’t care’, so don’t ask me that poo poo. Leave it to the philosophers. I only talk about important stuff. Now, civilians are stuck with the one, except in rare occasions - traditions in which Skillcores are passed down, pagan poo poo. You, however, are blessed with the opportunity to take them, to become strong through the consumption of the weak. To be a Töan warrior is to feed, and to grow by feeding. If you’re lucky, you keep growing. Most likely you get croaked and recycled, but that’s life!”

“‘But Grimper’, you say, stupidly, spittle hanging off your idiot lips, ’there’s only room in my tummy for so many Skillcores’. Yeah, that’s a thing. Generally, there’s only room for three in there. Yeah, this is another one of those philosophy things, don’t bug me about it. Anyhow, three Skillcores. If you take in another, it will probably not work. And by not work, I mean it’ll either degrade and be wasted, it’ll destroy one of your others, or you’ll explode. That last one is a legit thing that will happen to you, don’t gently caress around with cramming extra stuff in you, you’ll explode! BUT! But there’s a way around it. Resonation.” He tapped Gado firmly in the ribs, then put his ear to his chest as though listening. “This little guy found two Cores similar enough to cross-communicate. In Punishing him, I forced him to over-exert them and they Resonated, grinding together into one more powerful Core. If I were to tear him open now, you’d see how much bigger and more faceted the Skillcore is. But I won’t, because that would be OR MAYBE I WILL WOAH HAHAHA nah, you’re fine, run along.” He tossed Gado into the distance.

“This one is a weirder situation. Our Poet here, despite her precarious and dangerous position down here, kept a cool head and relied on her Core to keep her alive. It responded by Self-Resonation and expanded. That’s a thing that can happen. I don’t know a hell of a lot about that, but it can happen sometimes, especially if you’re in a tough spot and manage not to get killed. If you keep fighting, you’ll keep getting stronger. I don’t mean that metaphorically - the longer you’re alive, as long as you keep trying to kick rear end at whatever it is you excel at, the better you’ll get at it, until you eventually get scary good. Not as good as me, but, well, take what you can get, am I right?”

He trailed off into mumbles, staring at the ceiling with a lopsided grin. It hardened suddenly, and his eyes swiveled down to take them in as though he just noticed them. “Alright. Piss off.” Startled, the Horde scattered, until- “Wait. One more thing. Sometimes you won’t notice you Resonated until after things cool down a bit. If any of you feel like you ate broken glass and haven’t eaten broken glass, you may have done it in the heat of battle. Now seriously, bug off. Get the wounded on their feet, we’ve got some poo poo to deal with tomorrow. Maybe even another Nail for you ambitious buggers. Until then, let me be.” He toppled like a tree, smashing through two tables, and fell sonorously asleep. That was that, you guessed.

(Story time! Proper update coming later, this was just a warm up. Now, Resonation! Mechancally, any time you use two closely-related Skillcores in a row - especially more than once - you have a chance of Resonation. I’ll indicate it in the notes if it happens, but what constitutes ‘closely-related’ is a common-sense sort of thing. I’m not laying out hard and fast rules for that, but it ought to make sense if it happens!

Self-Resonation will also happen at random, though more likely when you roll high. A roll of 100 won’t guarantee an upgrade, but it will strongly bias towards one. Indicate upgraded cores in your posts so neither you nor I forget!

As Grimper said, several of you have Resonated and you didn’t even notice! Partially that’s the lore, and partially I didn’t want to distract from the life-or-death stuff going on. I’ll list them out here. If you haven’t Resonated and feel bad, remember that it happens to all boys and girls eventually, and you shouldn’t ever let someone make you feel bad about your body. Except Grimper, because he’s the boss.
    Gigs - Unflappability Self-Resonates! +15
    Doc - Surgery Self-Resonates! +15
    Gloff - Lifting Self-Resonates! +15
    Porth - Imagining Self-Resonates! +15
Proper Resonation is going to be rare until people get more sympathetic skills, but that’s fine - it looks like several were picked up this round, and will be covered next update. Keep usin’ em’ and we’ll see how far you can climb! Maybe as far as Grimper???

No, he’s the best.)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

super sweet best pal posted:

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging, Cleaning, Imagining

Nägel's infirmary was slightly less like a torture chamber than she'd imagined, though still a bit too heavy on restraints for comfort. Still, there was no way to know how sanitary they kept it or even if it had been cleaned after its last patients before the UH invaded. Time to raid their cleaning supplies and make sure it was a sterile environment.

paper bag with a face posted:

Name: Grumbus
Skills: Spreading Disease

He even found a new skillcore! He swallowed it and could already feel his considerable foulness *expanding*.

Claiming the Cursing Skillcore: 63

He opened his mouth and let out the purest expression of how he felt, "PISS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Dog Kisser posted:

If you haven’t Resonated and feel bad, remember that it happens to all boys and girls eventually, and you shouldn’t ever let someone make you feel bad about your body. Except Grimper, because he’s the boss.

Grimper would make a great Health Class Teacher, or, A Toan's Body User Manual: The Warlord's Guide to Hordling Puberty