Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Well, on the plus side... I've always wanted to visit The Hague!

I did nazi that coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishment Mausoleum > Star Citizen: (ex-)criminals, stalkers,
harassers, and so on.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/390253-Weapons-that-punch-above-their-weight-class-Possible

No, please! No things that punch above their weight in my working space chariot software (for game being possibly too big a word here).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I thought being a masturbating monkey was a good thing?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Sunswipe posted:

"That idiot Churchill will be REALLY triggered by this!" thought Hitler, as he pressed the Walther PPK's muzzle to his temple.

"Only by killing everyone here in zis bunker can ve ensure ze master race is archived for all eternity!"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

Derek I don't want to tell you how to Warlord but I think that after r/ds gets shut down you should make some really incredible claims on Twitter so I can laugh at how helpless all the spergs feel with no outlet to rant about you.

Oh just wait. It's going to be all kinds of beautiful. I have refrained from even saying anything in my Twitter feed about it for now. I am waiting for the glorious day when they set it to read-only.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Oh just wait. It's going to be all kinds of beautiful. I have refrained from even saying anything in my Twitter feed about it for now. I am waiting for the glorious day when they set it to read-only.
:allears:

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has Jester actually said its Derek and goons sending death threats. because he's always vague about the threats you'd think if it was us he'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Has Jester actually said its Derek and goons sending death threats. because he's always vague about the threats you'd think if it was us he'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

He said it wasn't The Goons

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/7cdhmb/meta_finally_a_slow_news_day_discussing_the/dpqdfv7/?context=3

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
I think he's saying that people often reported death threats coming from the hate-sub, not that he had been receiving death threats.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SCtrumpHaters posted:

He's a proven liar and dirt bag, so there is no reason to believe anything he says. And yeah, if it were us, he would be quick to say it.

----------------

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

I think he's saying that people often reported death threats coming from the hate-sub, not that he had been receiving death threats.

The peanut gallery seems to think jester and co are being death threated by us in closing down the sub even though jester has been pretty clear he's actually sick of the peanut gallery itself and gets the pms from them.

SCtrumpHaters fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 13, 2017

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

D_Smart posted:

He's a proven liar and dirt bag, so there is no reason to believe anything he says. And yeah, if it were us, he would be quick to say it.

He seems to imply, but not outright say, that its the regular ds posters doing it. He even explicitly says its not us.

But of course theres shittons of comments where they chose not to read that so we death threat people now.

Honestly I can't really think of a goon who would get mad enough at the mod policies of that sub to even write a pm outside of beet or Derek.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Like who is Dereks Crew? Half of us are on ignore and even the moderators give him a tough life. Just because he is spamming this thread up?

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

AutismVaccine posted:

Like who is Dereks Crew? Half of us are on ignore and even the moderators give him a tough life. Just because he is spamming this thread up?

Yea I don't get that either. His posts are either ignored for being too long/hot winded or made fun of.

I guess we are his crew because we haven't permabanned him or something and we made him a joke mod for a few months.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

AutismVaccine posted:

literally anyone who doesn't have faith in Star Citizen is part of Derek's Crew to r/ds.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
It sucks how people always say they get death threats but they never post any pictures for me to laugh at.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

thatguy posted:

It sucks how people always say they get death threats but they never post any pictures for me to laugh at.

Unfortunately Its because most of the time its fake to easily gain the moral highground.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
It's amazing to see /r/ds still in collective meltdown mode. Of course it's the usual rear end-clowns who have used it as hate sub who are the most pissed that their echo chamber hug box is no more. God I hope they migrate to /r/starcitizen - that would be totally awesome :grin:

So they have restricted new submissions, but it looks like you can still post for now.

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 13, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Honestly I can't really think of a goon who would get mad care enough at the mod policies of that sub to even write a pm outside of beet or Derek.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 13, 2017

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
yea I scroll past r/ds screencaps 99% of the time because its just too stupid to be honest. Reading the closing thread is like 100x more than I've ever read it over its lifespan.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Unfortunately Its because most of the time its fake to easily gain the moral highground.
What?!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

SCtrumpHaters posted:

yea I scroll past r/ds screencaps 99% of the time because its just too stupid to be honest. Reading the closing thread is like 100x more than I've ever read it over its lifespan.

Havent read it in full yet. Is it worth it or were the highlights already posted by Miri-boticus?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I read that as "painfully employed."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SCtrumpHaters posted:

The peanut gallery seems to think jester and co are being death threated by us in closing down the sub even though jester has been pretty clear he's actually sick of the peanut gallery itself and gets the pms from them.

Why don't people ever post the death threats? Seems like a surefire way to prove a loving point.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

AutismVaccine posted:

Havent read it in full yet. Is it worth it or were the highlights already posted by Miri-boticus?

Would not read again so no. Although the Mobius strip of justifications for the archive are kinda amusing.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Why don't people ever post the death threats? Seems like a surefire way to prove a loving point.

They don't exist most of the time. Contrary to popular belief its actually fairly rare for someone to get so upset over something that they put a death threat in writing and send it.

Not saying Jester is lying I have no idea but its just so simple to say and get instant sympathy and backpedaling from the other side in other sorts of arguments.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I read that as "painfully employed."

The gains triple every second!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishment Mausoleum > Star Citizen: (ex-)criminals, stalkers,
harassers, and so on.

I keep trying to imagine what it must be like to be so unable to deal with different viewpoints that you reach the level of r/ds posters but I really can't wrap my head around it. It's a video game, you know? It's okay to just... be wrong, once in a while. Life must be intensely insecure if you can't admit to yourself even for a hot second that you've ever had an incorrect or uninformed opinion about something. You'd spent all your time twisted up in logical knots, doubling down on every last semantic argument in the hopes that anyone pointing out your inconsistency would eventually just get bored and go away.

People like that must be incredibly easy to sidetrack and troll basically forever. All it would take is one person loudly insisting they are wrong, about anything, and then never... going... away...

Huh, I think I just grokked it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sarsapariller posted:

I keep trying to imagine what it must be like to be so unable to deal with different viewpoints that you reach the level of r/ds posters but I really can't wrap my head around it. It's a video game, you know? It's okay to just... be wrong, once in a while. Life must be intensely insecure if you can't admit to yourself even for a hot second that you've ever had an incorrect or uninformed opinion about something. You'd spent all your time twisted up in logical knots, doubling down on every last semantic argument in the hopes that anyone pointing out your inconsistency would eventually just get bored and go away.

People like that must be incredibly easy to sidetrack and troll basically forever. All it would take is one person loudly insisting they are wrong, about anything, and then never... going... away...

Huh, I think I just grokked it.

Please to be remembering no Redditors ever turned out to be criminals, sex offenders, perverts, harassers, stalkers, or otherwise, ex- or current. Every redditor ever has been or will become a pariah of virtue and renown.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
YOU KNOW WHAT'S RETARDED IN VIDEO GAMES TODAY?!

LOOTBOXES!

*Buys a fake vending machine for his fake hangor filled with fake ships WHERE NOTHING loving WORKS*

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
loving :lol: if this is what Star Citizen switched to. It's fairly recent, and totally not a coincidence that they only just recently started doing 48-60 client tests - to disastrous results.

https://www.servethehome.com/amazon-aws-ec2-c5-instances-custom-intel-xeon-scalable-cpus/

----------------

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
EA is a piece of poo poo criminal scum developer

*Gives a monthly tithe to an unproven company with bad business practices to acquire a flower pot for his hangar. It works about as well as EA's approval ratings. :sterv:*

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

harassers, and so on.

:viggo:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Is that the Norwegian dude? Cause that's definitely a dude.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The Smart Method

Dear Diary, I wrote a blog today!

*Later*

Dear Livejournal, I wrote in my diary today!

*Earlier*

Dear Blog, I'll write in my diary today!

*Eventually*

Dear SA, I've written about writing in my diary which I then subsequently did. You can read about it in my livejournal or on my blog, but nobody gets to see my diary!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Please to be remembering no Redditors goon ever turned out to be criminals, sex offenders, perverts, harassers, stalkers, or otherwise, ex- or current. Every redditor goon ever has been or will become a pariah of virtue and renown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

"This doesn't mean you won!" I sneer with my face pressed to the ground by Alexander's sandal and illuminated by fires in Persepolis.