Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

:page147snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

We have that bear! His name is Costco!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wanna hug that bear

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jingleheimer posted:

Alright guys, anyone have any questions for a Costco employee? I'm bored and I don't mind talking about work because I am employed by the greatest company in the world.

How often do you take the $1.50 communion?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I really gotta get in on this roasted chicken deal. I see it all every grocery store but it makes perfect sense for a single guy living alone. Buy the chicken, eat it as a chicken with some sides (Normandy Blend of course being one) and then make a soup/stew of it the next day.

'tis the season of soups and stews and crippling loneliness.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

How often do you take the $1.50 communion?

When I first started working there I had the $1.50 communion every day on my lunch break. That lasted like 2 months, I was so sick of the dogs that it took years before I could eat them again. I get the pizza every once in a while, but after 8 years of repeatedly eating food from the food court, my digestive system just can't easily handle it anymore.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I really gotta get in on this roasted chicken deal. I see it all every grocery store but it makes perfect sense for a single guy living alone. Buy the chicken, eat it as a chicken with some sides (Normandy Blend of course being one) and then make a soup/stew of it the next day.

But every season is the season of crippling loneliness! :thumbsup:

Shove more dogs in your gullet!

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just eat the full chicken and don't have to worry about leftovers.

Also my blood pressure is 220/140

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jingleheimer posted:

When I first started working there I had the $1.50 communion every day on my lunch break. That lasted like 2 months, I was so sick of the dogs that it took years before I could eat them again. I get the pizza every once in a while, but after 8 years of repeatedly eating food from the food court, my digestive system just can't easily handle it anymore.

too much of a good thing

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The lord asked of his pilgrims only one thing... moderation.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Accretionist posted:

I'm actually running low on La Croix, do you remember how much it was?

something like $8-10 i think?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I know it's considered poor form to propose over a dating app but dude

gotta put a ring on that bear

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Switching from Progressive to Costco for my auto and renter’s insurance saved me over $300 for the same exact coverage, and I’ve been eating on delicious Costco instant pot pot roast all weekend. PBUC.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Does Costco offer insurance in California?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

that's a rough lookin 26 tho

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It's too warm to use that Sherpa throw yet, but it feels amazing.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Can you buy just one package of muffins or bagels at the co, or must they be sold in pairs?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Can you buy just one package of muffins or bagels at the co, or must they be sold in pairs?

Pairs. If you try to buy one they will actually run and get you another one unless you beg them to stop

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I wish they let you mix/match the 2-pack deals. Like, I want to buy a package of danishes and a package of muffins. They are both 2 packs for 7.99(I think), so I'd like to buy one of each.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Peachfart posted:

I wish they let you mix/match the 2-pack deals. Like, I want to buy a package of danishes and a package of muffins. They are both 2 packs for 7.99(I think), so I'd like to buy one of each.

Same.

Anyone ever tried freezing the muffins or pastries? I love them, but as a bachelor living alone there's no way I could eat 12 muffins/8 danish before they go bad. The croissants freeze well enough.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Argyle posted:

Same.

Anyone ever tried freezing the muffins or pastries? I love them, but as a bachelor living alone there's no way I could eat 12 muffins/8 danish before they go bad. The croissants freeze well enough.

Look man, I've said a bunch of times in this thread Costco is great about teaching you new things about yourself.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Argyle posted:

Same.

The lemon poppyseed freeze very well. They also are easy to slice and then toss in the toaster when they are frozen.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Argyle posted:

Same.

We freeze the muffins and the cookies. It's all good. Sometimes I'll pull a muffin out of the freezer before I go to bed. Other times I'll just throw it in the microwave for like 35 seconds from frozen. The chocolate ones are really good microwaved as the chocolate chunks will melt. I individually wrap them with plastic wrap, then store them in freezer bags. You can fit half a dozen in a single freezer bag.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

GI_Clutch posted:

We freeze the muffins and the cookies. It's all good. Sometimes I'll pull a muffin out of the freezer before I go to bed. Other times I'll just throw it in the microwave for like 35 seconds from frozen. The chocolate ones are really good microwaved as the chocolate chunks will melt. I individually wrap them with plastic wrap, then store them in freezer bags. You can fit half a dozen in a single freezer bag.

Same, minus the elaborate fancy-dan wrapping of stuff and more tossing the entire thing in the freezer.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I like dicing up a parmesan bagel and frying it up in an omelette

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I put the whole container in the freezer

Anyone else's Co moved from putting muffins in cardboard box with plastic wrap to closeable plastic clamshell?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I converted a heretic to the ways of the Co this night. Blessed them in the rivers of mozzarella upon the pizza pie.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

In these crazy times, it's very comforting to have a rock like Costco to be able to rely on.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Bought a Sherpa.

Oh my

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Where in the store is the Sherpa located. I go tomorrow for various goodies. This much hype must be a sign of good things. Its gettin' cold outside too.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Chinatown posted:

Where in the store is the Sherpa located. I go tomorrow for various goodies. This much hype must be a sign of good things. Its gettin' cold outside too.

Usually where the blankets, mats, and pillows are, in the central aisle towards the front, just past the protein powder.

Unless your ‘Co varies significantly.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Anyone else's Co moved from putting muffins in cardboard box with plastic wrap to closeable plastic clamshell?

My Costco puts their croissants in the plastic clamshell. I haven't seen muffins packaged like that. Yet.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

How can I get my local Costco to stock some of the stuff other Costcos stock but our Costco doesn't?

From last page: Inventory is based on demographics of the warehouse location. This is easy to tell in a city that has multiple warehouses. I see more fancy cheeses/expensive wine at the Issaquah WA location that the Tukwila WA location, even though Tukwila is a bigger store. Tukwila is also a half business delivery/half regular whse (It's also the biggest whse sq foot wise) in the company.
Basically if you want the fancier foods, hit up a whse in the rich part of town. You can call the number on the back of your membership card for item suggestions also. The reps are supposed to pass those directly to the buyers, just remember that they hate you and all other callers (per my daughter who did 8 months there)

Also: If anyone on the Seattle/Issaquah area needs a job, there is a chronic shortage of CSR's in membership and travel. Pretty sure you get hired if you just apply. Pay is not horrible and it's a good "foot in the door" position for the rest of corporate.

Meydey fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 13, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I went yesterday but didn't read the thread and so I didn't grab a Sherpa blanket! :doh:

I signed up for the executive membership. Is it a good deal? I kind of just did it. A dude at the checkout came up and checked how much I spend. And because it was only $25 at the time and is 100% money back if not satisfied.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I went yesterday but didn't read the thread and so I didn't grab a Sherpa blanket! :doh:

I signed up for the executive membership. Is it a good deal? I kind of just did it. A dude at the checkout came up and checked how much I spend. And because it was only $25 at the time and is 100% money back if not satisfied.

The executive membership pays for itself at $60 if you spend more than $3000 a year at Costco. It will pay for itself at $25 in $1250 of spend.

We often use costco.com, and between that, grocery, electronics and so on, our spend makes the executive membership very, VERY worth it.

PBUC.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 13, 2017

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Does gas count for 2% executive cb?

If paired with Costco Visa, does this make gas cb 6%??

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

The executive membership pays for itself at $60 if you spend more than $3000 a year at Costco. It will pay for itself at $25 in $1250 of spend.

Gas is convenient for us, so between that, grocery, electronics and so on, our spend makes the executive membership very, VERY worth it.

PBUC.

I could see it working for large families but it feels nearly impossible for 2 people. 3k/year is 250/mo and considering a lot of groceries (veg, fruit, pork, chicken) are much cheaper at local places I just can't see myself racking up that much on frozen treats and dairy. Maybe if you ate a lot of beef I guess.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Does gas count for 2% executive cb?

If paired with Costco Visa, does this make gas cb 6%??

Oops, no, sorry I blew right through that.

Costco.com does, though!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

And paired with the Visa, your executive membership Costco spend-back is 4%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

I could see it working for large families but it feels nearly impossible for 2 people. 3k/year is 250/mo and considering a lot of groceries (veg, fruit, pork, chicken) are much cheaper at local places I just can't see myself racking up that much on frozen treats and dairy. Maybe if you ate a lot of beef I guess.

You only need to spend enough to make up the difference between the gold star and the executive membership.