Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Uthor posted:

Half off Bone with the code "bone". You can get the whole series in B&W for $10.

https://m.comixology.com/Bone-Sale/page/16609

Holy crap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is the coloring worth the extra $40?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Roth posted:

Is the coloring worth the extra $40?

Its good coloring but Jeffs inking and style is strong as hell in b&w

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Junkie Disease posted:

Its good coloring but Jeffs inking and style is strong as hell in b&w

That's all I need to hear, I am going to get this when I get paid on Thursday because this has been a series I've been wanting to read since I first saw it Middle School, but could just never get a hold of the first volume.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I said this a while back but ill say it again here. Its on Unlimited but Castle Waiting is a treat

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Black Panther Legacy Sale on Comixology. Is the Kirby Black Panther trade good?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Schneider Heim posted:

Black Panther Legacy Sale on Comixology. Is the Kirby Black Panther trade good?

Yes it's Fucken bonkers in the most Kirby way possible

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The DC halloween sale has some dead obvious classics.
https://www.comixology.com/DC-Horror-and-Supernatural-Sale/page/16608
Alan Moore Swamp Thing, Morrison Animal Man, Hellblazer, Preacher, American Vampire...

I'd also recommend the N52 Swamp Thing and Animal Man.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 25, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

The DC halloween sale has some dead obvious classics.
https://www.comixology.com/DC-Horror-and-Supernatural-Sale/page/16608
Alan Moore Swamp Thing, Morrison Animal Man, Hellblazer, Preacher, American Vampire...

I'd also recommend the N52 Swamp Thing and Animal Man.

Surprising they didn't put up old House of Secrets, Phantom Stranger, or other old horror comics.

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos

hadji murad posted:

What’s Bone Coda like? As someone who has read the whole series a couple times.

There is a very short “sequel” story in it, along with essays, reflections, subpar analysis, and things you can find elsewhere on the web.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Ok now the Marvel app has SD card support for comics like DC and ComiXology do.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What’s the best in that Geoff Johns sale?

Lots looks good.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hadji murad posted:

What’s the best in that Geoff Johns sale?

Lots looks good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Add The Flash and Superman/LOSH

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Booster Gold!

Escape From Bizarro World is a favorite story from his run, if even just for the art.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Free Thor comics on Amazon today, plus big discounts on the non-free Thor books.

https://www.amazon.com/Free-Kindle-Comics-Kindle-Store/b/ref=nodl_?ie=UTF8&node=11758025011

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Every time Amazon does this thing where collections are like $2.00 I spend way too much....

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got caught up on Jane Thor which I've been meaning to do. Cost all of like $15 since #700 isn't on sale on Comixology.

Oh yeah, Comixology is also having a sale, though their trades are more expensive. Singles are $0.99 for some stuff.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Anything in the Ghost Rider sale that is worth it for someone who knows nothing about the character?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The 4 volumes by Jason Aaron (Vol. 1-3 plus Heaven's on Fire) are loving incredible, character defining stuff, in my opinion. It just goes full grindhouse crazy.

The stuff by Way is not all that good, really (even though I bought them all as they were being released...).

I have a soft spot for The Midnight Sons stuff, but that's because I was 13 when it came out and that's pretty much the target audience for that stuff.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 6, 2017

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

The 4 volumes by Jason Aaron (Vol. 1-3 plus Heaven's on Fire) are loving incredible, character defining stuff, in my opinion. It just goes full grindhouse crazy.

The stuff by Way is not all that good, really (even though I bought them all as they were being released...).

I have a soft spot for The Midnight Sons stuff, but that's because I was 13 when it came out and that's pretty much the target audience for that stuff.

Thanks for the input - I threw some cash at the Jason Aaron volumes to start. I caught up on Agents of SHIELD recently and thought the GR stuff was pretty decent, and then checked my comixology library to see what I had for GR and realized that in all the things I've picked up in sales over the past couple of years, I didn't have a single issue.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Russad posted:

Thanks for the input - I threw some cash at the Jason Aaron volumes to start. I caught up on Agents of SHIELD recently and thought the GR stuff was pretty decent, and then checked my comixology library to see what I had for GR and realized that in all the things I've picked up in sales over the past couple of years, I didn't have a single issue.

The older stuff and especially Aaron's run are worth reading, but if you're looking for Reyes Ghost Rider specifically that will be All New Ghostrider

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I wonder if the comixology sale is spoiling something from justice league as green lantern is included in the sale

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Why do y'all hate linking to these things?

edit: Weird. There's plenty of Comixology sales on but no advertising on the front page.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 9, 2017

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: Weird. There's plenty of Comixology sales on but no advertising on the front page.

But how else you would know about the hit comic adaption of Christmas' Carol that only on Comixology?

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

A lot of times on Wednesday they go to showing off the new comics that are being released, cause it's new comic book day.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow I joked about it, but they still don't even list the sales going on the front page, instead it just defaults to the banner for the dumb looking Christmas Carol book.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://www.comixology.com/Image-Comics-Crime-Sale/page/16801?tid=E171112001
Crime comics sale on Comixology. I can vouch for:

Sex Criminals
Southern Bastards
Criminal
Kill or Be Killed
Black Magick

(This is not to disparage anything else, as I haven't read any of the other stuff!)

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 13, 2017

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Fatale is also in that sale and I'm a big, big fan of Fatale.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Comixology joins the Republicans in promoting sex criminals.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I can see Sex Criminals (English edition) on Comixology's website, but only the French and German editions in the app.
Do I have to purchase and download through the website from now on? I thought this puritanical crap was settled back when Apple tried it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

https://www.comixology.com/Image-Comics-Crime-Sale/page/16801?tid=E171112001
Crime comics sale on Comixology. I can vouch for:

Sex Criminals
Southern Bastards
Criminal
Kill or Be Killed
Black Magick

(This is not to disparage anything else, as I haven't read any of the other stuff!)

Stray Bullets is fantastic.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Space Fish posted:

I can see Sex Criminals (English edition) on Comixology's website, but only the French and German editions in the app.
Do I have to purchase and download through the website from now on? I thought this puritanical crap was settled back when Apple tried it.

I thought it was some sort of weird rights issue or something when I tried looking the series up on the app previously. Now that you mentioned the English version is available on the website, and on sale, I decided to pull the trigger.
I purchased on the website, and it appeared in my library in the app. Downloading to my tablet as I type this.

SMP
May 5, 2009

If I want to read JLI, do I just need those 6 vols on sale? Or is the reading order way more complicated / not fully collected / on sale yet?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

SMP posted:

If I want to read JLI, do I just need those 6 vols on sale? Or is the reading order way more complicated / not fully collected / on sale yet?

Don't buy those! They are incomplete and abandoned by DC. Get the new Omnibus -- there will probably be three of them in all to collect the entire run, and the first one that just came out collects pretty much everything in those six volumes. You'll probably love it, and this way you can wait around to collect the rest.

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-League-International-Omnibus-Vol/dp/1401273866/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510642727&sr=8-1&keywords=jli+omnibus

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The first five trades are the equivalent of the omnibus. If they're cheaper and you don't mind digital, I dunno why you wouldn't.
Just start reading the omnis at Vol.2

edit: There were a few crossover miniseries the comic acted as tie-ins for from time to time. You may feel like you're missing out on the main comics for Legends, Millennium, Invasion! etc.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 14, 2017

SMP
May 5, 2009

Well I'm not really a physical kinda guy and the omnibi aren't on Comixology so RIP

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

By the time you finish Vol. 6, there'll probably be a BOGO sale on to pick up the rest in singles.
Do it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

SMP posted:

Well I'm not really a physical kinda guy and the omnibi aren't on Comixology so RIP

I forgot this was the Digital thread. If the six TPBs are on sale, then I guess it doesn't matter. I just hate having mismatched books and unfinished series on a shelf together, so go for it and enjoy some of my lifelong favorite comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMP
May 5, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

By the time you finish Vol. 6, there'll probably be a BOGO sale on to pick up the rest in singles.
Do it.

Isn't the reading order in singles insane? Like it's across a bunch of titles and stuff.