Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I wish TV Randy Orton was more like Twitter Randy Orton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

midcard superface randy orton is the best randy orton

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Orton was Super Happy To Be Here Babyface for about a month after he came back last year and then Brock elbowed all that fun right the gently caress outta him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Aphrodite posted:

Orton going over to Shane’s kids to assure them their idiot dad didn’t just kill himself was good.

given their reaction to the HiaC match, I doubt it was necessary

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

THERE'S NO BELL TO RING!

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Dias posted:

Paige's gonna come strong at the Women's Title now.

Actually, that was Brad Maddox.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Orton telling Renee "Happy Rusev day" amused me greatly, but Rusev is good so maybe it's just Rusev.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Randy Orton is good.
Randy Orton when he gives no fucks is so so much better.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Randy Orton is a kinda boring wrestler that I really love because of his out of ring personality. The idea of a counter finisher that can come out of nowhere is pretty cool too.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tweet my meat posted:

Randy Orton is a kinda boring wrestler that I really love because of his out of ring personality. The idea of a counter finisher that can come out of nowhere is pretty cool too.

Seth Rollins somehow managing to hit a Pedigree out of nowhere on Roman was cool as hell.

And also for some reason not the finish of that match.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Paige's return is actually a thing that is happening. Both posted this:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's stuff like this that makes me sad Brock isn't wrestling Jinder for survivor series.

But really I mean wrestling those two.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 13, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Today the 13th is the 12th anniversary of Eddie Guerrero's passing.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
And today the 13th is the 13th anniversary of Ol' Dirty Bastard's passing. November 13th was a rough day for a couple of years.

Rest in Peace, WWF Aggression contributor ODB.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/929928482603388928 https://twitter.com/AngeGold/status/929932524398305281

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm watching the AJ Styles Network playlist and it's making me think three things:

1. Goddamn I love AJ.
2. Goddamn the Network is a steal.
3. I wish it was easier to curate custom playlists.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/929967778492071936

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

How stupid are people on Twitter? Everyone's going LOL ANOTHER DEAD CROWD AND ANOTHER EMPTY ARENA when the majority of people probably had left already. I'm guessing the fact that the Raw theme was playing meant that the Raw roster showed up and beat their asses?

But yeah I'm guessing they did the beatdown, they thanked everyone for coming, then played the Raw theme then what we see there happened. I mean not that WWE doesn't have attendance issues but I'm willing to bet the international tours still do gangbusters because people are so excited to get big promotion live wrestling. Maybe I'm wrong and the continued growth of stuff like PROGRESS and ICW has reduced some of the fervor though?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How stupid are people on Twitter?

Is....this a rhetorical question?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There are about 330,000,000 folks using twitter actively and at least several thousand are pretty smart without being stupid at all. maybe even a million. If my inclination was to laugh at WWE for that tweet i would have to go with the lack of audience as well even if it isn't an ideal strategy. It's better Than nothing, such as saying, "That WWE video sucks!" Boring comment without anything to back it up at all.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I understand just about everything going on and the feelings being expressed here. We actually share many Of the same goals, and WWE as well as wrestling in general are my passion.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 13, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I respect the above post as well as all posts made by my friend Cavauro.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I can't let Good Orton Chat pass without mentioning Shooting StaRKO. I lack a gif, sadly.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Orton is and has always been extremely good.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Actually out of nowhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JwjmV2VCwk

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

big bossmans big family seems lovely

https://twitter.com/degg/status/178227383856406530

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Actually, that was Brad Maddox.

:vince:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I mark for Randy.

Orton v. Harper at Elimination Chamber this year was great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How stupid are people on Twitter? Everyone's going LOL ANOTHER DEAD CROWD AND ANOTHER EMPTY ARENA when the majority of people probably had left already. I'm guessing the fact that the Raw theme was playing meant that the Raw roster showed up and beat their asses?

But yeah I'm guessing they did the beatdown, they thanked everyone for coming, then played the Raw theme then what we see there happened. I mean not that WWE doesn't have attendance issues but I'm willing to bet the international tours still do gangbusters because people are so excited to get big promotion live wrestling. Maybe I'm wrong and the continued growth of stuff like PROGRESS and ICW has reduced some of the fervor though?

Why is it so important to rationalize empty seats?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"Maybe they wanted those seats to be empty" - someone somewhere

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Why is it so important to rationalize empty seats?

I think it's just that a thing on Twitter/other places online is trying to dunk on WWE at every possible opportunity and while I admire the gumption it's like, pick your shots or it comes off like trying too hard. The Young Bucks Special.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I watched that and thought it was very professional and super nice that New Day closed out the show and gave something extra to the fans left after the cameras stopped rolling. I’ve been to shows where the baby face jumped right back up and posed like there was no beat down a minute or two ago. New Day rocks. This was not sarcasm and I think it was cool and good.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think it's just that a thing on Twitter/other places online is trying to dunk on WWE at every possible opportunity and while I admire the gumption it's like, pick your shots or it comes off like trying too hard. The Young Bucks Special.
you sure hate people who try

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean that's obviously the end of the show as you can tell from all the people filing out, but, WWE deserves to be dunked on for the empty seats at every opportunity, they earned them with over half a year of booking most of their titles and stars straight into the ground.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WWE deserves it, but you could just not scroll through the @s for a WWE tweet, why bother?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but Twitter is worse than WWE.

Is there a way both can lose?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but Twitter is worse than WWE.

Is there a way both can lose?

Goddammit, I'm tired of all this 50/50 booking.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Controversial Opinion: The Young Bucks are good and them making fun of the WWE is good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Controversial Opinion: The Young Bucks are good and them making fun of the WWE is good.

It's not controversial at all. I'm in the minority thinking that they're moderately insufferable tryhards who are admittedly very good at what they do.

And just so we're entirely clear this is less me being more STAND UP FOR WWE even though I'm positive people will think that which, cool, and more me being annoyed at how much of the modern internet in everything is people essentially going "Love me! Am I cool yet?" while acting like they're totally not desperate for approval at all. That kind of thinking helped to get us the rise of "ironic" White Nationalist America. I realize this is a reach and there's a heaping helping of irony acknowledged with regards to discussing WWE. I guess I just have a hair trigger and I'm tired of seeing what I perceive as Internet Coolness rather than actual coolness.

Anyway, Survivor Series should be very good! I think New Day is a good foil for getting actually fun Roman like when he was tagging with Dean and seemed to genuinely just be enjoying himself. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol if you give a poo poo about being "Internet cool"

• Locked thread