Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, fair enough. Its not like I actually want to make the argument that anyone was going to be excited by "NWA Champion Not Magnus."

I guess I'm just not getting the full appeal of those videos or Storm. But I guess its working for some, so that's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

more importantly, wrestlers are calling tim storm out on twitter for matches that people are seemingly excited for so this was a success in that regard

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

joey janela will make tim storm do a canadian destroyer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tim Storm vs BLK Jeez when

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tim Storm is answering Nick Gages open challenge at thr GCW Fight Club next Saturday at 2am

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Alaois posted:

Tim Storm vs BLK Jeez when

If we're gonna do a bunch of NWA title defenses against lower tier "name" guys, I wanna see Tim Donst or Tripp Cassidy before BLK Jeez.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Is Billy on good terms with Jeff Jarrett? Assuming he's sober Jarrett could probably have a match better with Storm than this one.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 13, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

coconono posted:

If we're gonna do a bunch of NWA title defenses against lower tier "name" guys, I wanna see Tim Donst or Tripp Cassidy before BLK Jeez.

you best respect the JAPW Heavyweight Champion BLK Jeez, bitch

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

RZApublican posted:

Assuming he's sober

:thunk:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RZApublican posted:

Is Billy on good terms with Jeff Jarrett? Assuming he's sober Jarrett could probably have a match better with Storm than this one.

I think even the NWA would know how dumb it would be to bring in Jarrett at the moment

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jeff Jarrett is never the answer

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Y'all are giving the NWA a lot of credit here

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Y'all are giving the NWA a lot of credit here

I mean... it's the NWA, but at least it looks like they've kind of been trying to seem presentable and rehab their image recently. Jarrett is a drunken garbage fire of negative media attention right now

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

All joking about Tim Storm aside, it would be nice to see a wrestling company go anywhere without being inundated with the usual suspects. Fuckin Jarrett, Bischoff, Russo, whatever, Wrestling promotion desperately needs new blood.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

remusclaw posted:

All joking about Tim Storm aside, it would be nice to see a wrestling company go anywhere without being inundated with the usual suspects. Fuckin Jarrett, Bischoff, Russo, whatever, Wrestling promotion desperately needs new blood.

FUNB

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I watched part of the match before my privacy blockers decided that Facebook is bad. I missed the gassy rollup sequence but Storm looked badly winded 10 minutes in.

1. commentary is loving atrocious. If they spent less time contextualizing the match itself and calling the action I would have given them a pass. CALL THE loving MATCH IN FRONT OF YOU
2. There was a chinlock spot that drove me insane. Aldis didn't secure his thumbs properly so Storm starts attacking them. Nothing happens. Storm should have been able to lever Aldis's hands free or broken a thumb in the process.

If i was booking this as a year long program, it'd be Tim Storm very barely getting victories over increasingly difficult opposition until he finally drops the belt. I'd put it on David Starr or Sami Callihan. Also I'd establish a very clear set of criteria to be considered for contendership. Stuff like wrestled internationally, defended a title outside of its home promotion, 10+ years experience, etc.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I liked all the videos they did to promote the match but Tim Storm is really bad in the ring and they should have taken the belt off him the first chance they had. Magnus isn't great but they'd be much better off having him tour the country with that belt.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Niwrad posted:

I liked all the videos they did to promote the match but Tim Storm is really bad in the ring and they should have taken the belt off him the first chance they had. Magnus isn't great but they'd be much better off having him tour the country with that belt.

No one wants to book Magnus. He wrestles a couple times a month in the US and never gets UK bookings despite the boom there. He sucks.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he does suck but also he lives in the US so the UK boom wouldn't do much for his prospects regardless

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Was Magnus the guy in the tna British stable who had the German suplex equivalent of the Canadian destroyer or was that someone else

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Was Magnus the guy in the tna British stable who had the German suplex equivalent of the Canadian destroyer or was that someone else

I think that was Douglas Williams

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I think that was Douglas Williams

It was. It's called Chaos Theory and it rules.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

coconono posted:

If i was booking this as a year long program, it'd be Tim Storm very barely getting victories over increasingly difficult opposition until he finally drops the belt. I'd put it on David Starr or Sami Callihan. Also I'd establish a very clear set of criteria to be considered for contendership. Stuff like wrestled internationally, defended a title outside of its home promotion, 10+ years experience, etc.

There’s no way this lasts a year but I’m a fan of Tim Storm as the fighting, aging champion

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

he does suck but also he lives in the US so the UK boom wouldn't do much for his prospects regardless

Why, he can travel? He's traveled before. People don't want him. (He's technically done some UK dates.)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/930248095346057216

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Chaos theory was loving sick

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

Storm got people to care about him while no one has ever cared about Aldis.

What people? Where? is it us? Do we care about Tim Storm?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ChrisBTY posted:

We care about his roid gut.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/929882538956541952?s=17

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

remusclaw posted:

like tim storm

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

There are people acting really hard like they care on twitter and hey, the youtube videos got ten thousand whole views.

Obviously it is on a small scale but people kind of care about Tim Storm so he's fine for a couple of months before they find someone decent.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Niwrad posted:

no, dropping the belt at this point would kill little credibility the NWA title has left. Get some promoted, hyped defenses with Tim Storm then drop to the next guy. The big challenge is getting eyes on the product and they're working towards that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Have Tim Storm beat a couple guys then have Joey Janela loving murder him. Janela as poo poo talking psycho NWA champ would be amazing

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

There are people acting really hard like they care on twitter and hey, the youtube videos got ten thousand whole views.

Obviously it is on a small scale but people kind of care about Tim Storm so he's fine for a couple of months before they find someone decent.

They're currently getting the same amount of views per video as TNA lol.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Have Tim Storm beat a couple guys then have Joey Janela loving murder him. Janela as poo poo talking psycho NWA champ would be amazing

Dude have Joey beat Tim Storm at Spring Break II

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

They're currently getting the same amount of views per video as TNA lol.

Not sure if this is an own on TNA, the NWA or both.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TNA is owned by a major media corporation and the NWA was killed by Shane Douglas in 1993.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

TNA is owned by a major media corporation and the NWA was killed by Shane Douglas in 1993.

The NWA was one of the hottest acts in hip hop and are owned by the brain genius behind one of the biggest acts in rock history.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dude have Joey beat Tim Storm at Spring Break II

That would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Luigi Thirty posted:

the NWA was killed by Shane Douglas in 1993.

Just listened to that promo on a recent Karl Stern show, it was pretty good but I think my reaction has been somewhat colored by the intervening years, and Douglas sounds more like a smug guy posting on the internet than a wrestler. His pause before acknowledging Ric Flair is pretty loving great though.