Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The new album is the definition of an acid trip in music form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

New video: Invisible Face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekXb74bUbRM

Also, I didn't know they were playing Glastonbury this year. Here's the full set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spT10VKieHo

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

omg Head On/Pill, how is this band so loving good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vVIgTMZFU

peekaboo gangster
Sep 12, 2003

The tracklist / album artwork for the boys' next release, Sketches of Brunswick East, has hit Genius:

https://genius.com/albums/King-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard/Sketches-of-brunswick-east

Eric Moore (plays Nothing on Paper Mache Dream Balloon) said they'd probably just drop this one with little fanfare or hype, so I'd expect this within the next two weeks or so. Following this is (more likely than not) Polygondwanaland, and a mystery album to round out their five albums for this year. I've got my fingers crossed for Volume 2 of their Explorations Into Microtonal Tuning, personally. Yip!

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

New album is out. And good.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Asnorban posted:

New album is out. And good.

You can stream the album here

LesterTheNightFly8
Aug 18, 2017

Not big on KG/LW, but I fuuuuuuuuuuuucking love Mild High Club. This album is fantastic.

silencekit
May 1, 2014

New album owns. Skiptracing by Mild High Club was one of my three or four favorite albums last year. Very glad to discover that these bands complement each other so well.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
One of the best live shows I've ever seen, by a huge margin. Closed with a 20 minute non-stop performance which included a partial cover of Hawkwinds Master of the Universe , while the crowd threw joints on stage for the band to enjoy. :asoiaf:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I was browsing a record store for vinyl and one of their employees recommended this album after mentioning some genres I enjoyed.

It's definitely a good band.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

kloa posted:

I was browsing a record store for vinyl and one of their employees recommended this album after mentioning some genres I enjoyed.

It's definitely a good band.

Open Water is one of my favorite songs of the year.

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010

Rime posted:

One of the best live shows I've ever seen, by a huge margin. Closed with a 20 minute non-stop performance which included a partial cover of Hawkwinds Master of the Universe , while the crowd threw joints on stage for the band to enjoy. :asoiaf:

Dang. I went to this show just to see Tropical gently caress Storm (was not disappointed in the least), and then went to the bar downstairs for the rest of the show. Probably should've stuck around but never cared much for King Gizzard.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen these guys twice, once at bonnaroo and once in New Orleans. Oddly the New Orleans show was more fun despite actually being on less drugs. Something about a small venue and a high energy group just tearing it up for a hundred or so people is just great and is hard to replicate in larger stage settings I think.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

New Giz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLP8rFrL1W0

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

So hey there’s this.

Polygondwanaland

MajorB
Jul 3, 2007
Another stupid '07er

Nam Taf posted:

So hey there’s this.

Polygondwanaland

Fellow Goon weirdojace decided to launch his new label early just to press physical copies of this, so check it out.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
That's my endeavor! A friend and I were already starting an indie record label, and we weren't planning on launching until January 2018. We have contracts for our upcoming releases signed and everything. But then King Gizzard graced us with the ability to do this, and since we already had the website infrastructure ready to go, we decided to just go for it.

It's been an amazing day. I'm floored with the response. We originally were only going to print 250, but this has been such a success that we're upping the amount to 500.

weirdojace fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 15, 2017

silencekit
May 1, 2014

weirdojace posted:

That's my endeavor! A friend and I were already starting an indie record label, and we weren't planning on launching until January 2018. We have contracts for our upcoming releases signed and everything. But then King Gizzard graced us with the ability to do this, and since we already had the website infrastructure ready to go, we decided to just go for it.

It's been an amazing day. I'm floored with the response. We originally were only going to print 250, but this has been such a success that we're upping the amount to 500.

That's too cool. What an inaugural release to score. Congratulations! How did that even come about?

Edit: I'm dumb and read the Gizzard post nvm

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

silencekit posted:

That's too cool. What an inaugural release to score. Congratulations! How did that even come about?

The band is giving away the record to any indie labels that wanna sell it.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
We sold out of the first color we were doing! 2nd color variant still in stock.

http://needlejuicerecords.com/product/polygondwanalandlp2/

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

weirdojace posted:

We sold out of the first color we were doing! 2nd color variant still in stock.

http://needlejuicerecords.com/product/polygondwanalandlp2/

Ordered from you guys. Best of luck!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
idk what the music is but I admire your gusto and the art so ordered :)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

pwn posted:

idk what the music is but I admire your gusto and the art so ordered :)

The kind that pairs well with acid and lots of it.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

It’s very good.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

MajorB posted:

Fellow Goon weirdojace decided to launch his new label early just to press physical copies of this, so check it out.

Oh cool! That's one of the variants I first pre-ordered - didn't even know it was goony.

This record is simply amazing. I can't stop listening. It scratches every math/prog/psych itch.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Thanks to the people in here who ordered from Needlejuice! It means a lot. <3

Since our first two variants did so well, we've added one more: a 2xLP shaped picture disc version.

http://needlejuicerecords.com/product/polygondwanaland3/

Finalizing the art templates for the first two variants right now. Planning on ordering from the pressing plant before the weekend is over.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!
any particular reason you went with decagons instead of nonagons?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ok so the new album was on Spotify last night, and now it’s gone from what I can tell. Any reasoning behind that?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Just finished the first track on the new album, drat I love how I never know what to expect with these cats' music!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

facebook jihad posted:

Ok so the new album was on Spotify last night, and now it’s gone from what I can tell. Any reasoning behind that?

Ok I checked today and the album’s back up. Must have been a glitch or something

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Any news on if/when album 5 of 2017 is happening or not, and when? I mean I guess there's like 5 more days BUT THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Handen posted:

Any news on if/when album 5 of 2017 is happening or not, and when? I mean I guess there's like 5 more days BUT THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

Gumboot Soup is out tomorrow

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It’s out already.

https://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/gumboot-soup

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

The Great Chain of Being is one of the best songs they've ever done. Full stoner rock.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

They did it. They loving did it.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I got punked on because my Spotify app didn't display the album on the artist page.
Happy to hear it today though.

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 1, 2018

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I like KGLW a whole bunch and applaud them completing this Herculean task, but I hope they take a break from new music for a bit—at least for half a year or so. I listened to four of the 2017 albums and will probably listen to the new one this week, but I’m burned out. It’s too much new music. I really liked Sketches of Brunswick East but kinda stopped caring so much with Polygondawanaland.

I know the Flaming Lips did a thing in 2011 (I think?) where they released a new EP or single each month of the year, but they kept that to 1-4 tracks a month.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
They play a HELLUVA show!

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Well this is some good poo poo. Flying Microtonal Banana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Every band that isn't king giz must feel like such failures at life :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBuWFn5gFE4

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 10, 2018

• Locked thread