Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

Wrestlers Worse Than Triple H

• Hulk Hogan
  • Kevin Nash
  • Great Khali
  • Naked Mideon
  • Lex Luger
  • Buff Bagwell
  • Horace Hogan
  • Mordecai
  • Nathan Jones
  • Akeem
  • The Red Rooster
  • Heidenreich
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Billy Gunn
  • Kenzo Suzuki
  • David Flair

outside of hogan, i would legit want to watch any of these people on my tv before triple h

yes, even david flair or... god help me, naked mideon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You are being a gigantic baby and also pretty wrong. You may not like it but that doesn't make it objectively bad. The crowd was losing their poo poo for Trips. Far more than I would've, though I didn't hate it. That makes it a smart short term decision which is all it is, just like Angle joining The Shield.

Also the rest of Raw was good. Even Roman did a pretty good promo! And Braun killed Kane! Joe and Finn!

So your argument is that because a single crowd cheered HHH over a dude who booking has done no favors for, this deems the move a good one? Tell you what: I'll wait this one out, cause surprise surprise Trips' poo poo is gonna get stale super quick again, the crowd is gonna realize he's poo poo again, and when it's all said and done months will have been wasted on yet another attempt to make Hunter Hearst Helmsley look cool instead of anyone else.

Today Foochs called me a gigantic baby. Hilarious.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
We thought this Smackdown stuff would lead to HHH vs. Owens at Mania but this new RAW development is leading to HHH vs. Angle at Mania.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rarity posted:

• Hulk Hogan
  • Kevin Nash
  • Great Khali
  • Naked Mideon
  • Lex Luger
  • Buff Bagwell
  • Horace Hogan
  • Mordecai
  • Nathan Jones
  • Akeem
  • The Red Rooster
  • Heidenreich
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Billy Gunn
  • Kenzo Suzuki
  • David Flair

No Marty Jannetty or Brutus beefcake?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Joe and Finn!

I really dig the Joe/Finn dynamic. Joe just storming out the very second he wasn't required to be there anymore was great.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Liquid Communism posted:

No Marty Jannetty or Brutus beefcake?

Excuse me I think you mean Burtus

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm utterly shocked Raw has an older team than Smackdown. I didn't think there was enough old guys left on Raw's roster to make that mathematically possible. Both teams' average ages are older than Mickey James.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Nov 14, 2017

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm more surprised by Braun's age, given how new he seems.

How many guys in their 20s are in the WWE in any context?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Veryslightlymad posted:

I mean they got 'em, they're just mostly in NXT or not anywhere close to being even midcard stars.

I hope they get some guys in the mix real soon who come in at even a high percentage of how rad the Shield and the Wyatt Family were when they first came up, they really need some younger talent that we actually care about in the very near future, in 10 years I don't expect anyone but Brawn on the two teams to be wrestling as more than a very rare Undertaker-Style part-timer in the WWE at best.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Veryslightlymad posted:

You'd never know it but shockingly enough Luke Harper is only 17.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Tomahawk posted:

did you really wanna see jason jordan in that match

Do I love Jason Jordan? No. But I want to see someone in their 20s be in this 10 man main event to elevate their star status. I haven't enjoyed anything by HHH for some time, he really is the loving shovel, whereas Jordan is normally really fun wrestler in multi-person matches who understands tag psychology, and how to pace himself so that his hot tags have maximum excitement. HHH is so loving slow, boring, and carried with a sense of astounding self-importance.

Jerusalem posted:

So my guess is that Team Raw will lose and that HHH will somehow be to blame, and when Kurt points this out to Steph it causes a feud that will culminate at I guess Wrestlemania.

But then that does depend on HHH losing and Kurt getting to point out he lost, so maybe the end result of this will be they lose because of Kurt, then Steph and HHH call him a loser and fire him, then they just continue on without comeuppance. :shrug:

HHH being eliminated first would be a good storyline twist, a good way to signal that HHH isn't going to be mega-pushed any more, and allow proper heeling where HHH tries in vain to claim he wasn't the weak link.

THAT AIN'T HAPPENING.

VJeff posted:

btw, this is gonna lead to Jason Jordan beating HHH in a singles match, so.

Look forward to that, I guess? Or don't. I'm ambivalent about it.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

VJeff posted:

They weren't like, Bayley or Balor or Nakamura hot, but American Alpha was a pretty hot act when they came up, dude. Please don't Always Bad Jason Jordan, he was good once.

Their fun chemistry together where they goofily got along together and seemed like good friends who had fun time......they never showed that on Smackdown. No backstage promos, skits, etc. They were just interchangeable tag team wrestlers.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For all the crap they talk about Flair at least he was putting okeish matches when he retired. HHH loving sucks and his song are the worst trash that Motorhead ever recorded.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Let's not forget the dumbest thing, which is that immediately after Jordan was named as Kurt's beautiful black son, they took away his straps so he couldn't do the "straps down!" tribute to Kurt that he did BEFORE this angle.

:(:(:(

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He was probably best in the world in 1999/2000 but since his return in 2002 he's had, like, 5 great matches and maybe 2 or 3 good angles. And while I said earlier "don't blame the talent for bad booking," HE IS THE BOOKER.

gently caress him and gently caress everything about him, he hasn't had a good match or angle since Daniel Bryan or the Shield and that was three and a half years ago and before that he had a couple good matches with Undertaker at Mania where the angles were ok at best. Stay the gently caress off my tv

HUN-TOR the shovel has been the only one we've seen for a really long time.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Half of NXT men are in their 20s, half in their 30s. Women are mainly in their 20s.

Main Roster has a surprising number of people aged exactly 30, but here's the full list of talent in their 20s. Because gently caress the future.

RAW: Elias (29) Bo Dallas (27) Jason Jordan (29)
Cruiserweights: Ariya Daivari (28) Cedric Alexander (28) Gran Metalik (29) Noam Dar (24) Rich Swann (26) Jack Gallagher is unknown
UK: Mark Andrews (25) Pete Dunner (24) Tyler Bate (20)
Smackdown : Tyler Breeze (29)

Women: Alexa Bliss (26) Bayley (28) Dana Brooker (28) Paige (25) Sasha Banks (25) Naomi (29)

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 14, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Veryslightlymad posted:

The Wyatt Brothers

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why the gently caress HHH still try to wrestle instead of Austin. Stone Cold was a loving badass.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why the gently caress HHH still try to wrestle instead of Austin. Stone Cold was a loving badass.

I used to be sad that Austin ended up his career so (relatively) early but the longer things have gone by the happier I've been that he got out when he did and seems to be in a much better headspace as a result. It helps that his podcast means I get to hear him talk about whatever the gently caress he feels like regularly without actively hurting his body anymore.

I love that when he got involved in that brawl at that last Mania he showed up to, he let Rusev get some shots in first before making his comeback :)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Push Velveteen Dream

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
In hindsight, it's lucky the Braun match didn't end with him injured and replaced with Kane to push the age total up further.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I used to be sad that Austin ended up his career so (relatively) early but the longer things have gone by the happier I've been that he got out when he did and seems to be in a much better headspace as a result. It helps that his podcast means I get to hear him talk about whatever the gently caress he feels like regularly without actively hurting his body anymore.

I love that when he got involved in that brawl at that last Mania he showed up to, he let Rusev get some shots in first before making his comeback :)

the invasion was crap but this still is one of my favorite moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhKisE5000I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSjUo_5oowo this was also great

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 14, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
post your favorite SCSA moment, gently caress HHH

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

If this was Stephanie instead of Vince, Stone Cold woulda got slapped and left the ring crying.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
They should make a Raw vs Smackdown survivor series match with all the guys not in a match on Sunday:

Bray Wyatt, Elias, Jason Jordan, Matt Hardy & Rhyno vs Rusev, Aiden English, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens & the loser of Corbin/Sin Cara

There we go, a match that would be exciting.

I also have no idea why the cruiserweights don't have a throw away 5v5 match. These kind of shows are tailor made for a quick spot fest of eliminations. That's one thing I miss about 2000s Smackdown cruiserweight division, the random gauntlets & battle royales featuring 6-10 cruiserweights going full speed.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Havoc904 posted:

They should make a Raw vs Smackdown survivor series match with all the guys not in a match on Sunday:

Bray Wyatt, Elias, Jason Jordan, Matt Hardy & Rhyno vs Rusev, Aiden English, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens & the loser of Corbin/Sin Cara

There we go, a match that would be exciting.

I also have no idea why the cruiserweights don't have a throw away 5v5 match. These kind of shows are tailor made for a quick spot fest of eliminations. That's one thing I miss about 2000s Smackdown cruiserweight division, the random gauntlets & battle royales featuring 6-10 cruiserweights going full speed.

The world needs another multiman cruiserweight match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

post your favorite SCSA moment, gently caress HHH

I have always loved this promo where he makes a startling confession ahead of No Way Out 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0pzilvG5I

Or this one from a month or so earlier where he explained his strategy to win the Royal Rumble, with bonus trash-talking (and putting over!) of Triple H

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6lpx7_0b1k

These are both also good examples of why I don't hate the "What!?!" chants, because if a wrestler can handle a crowd (or is allowed to) then they can make it a huge enhancement to a promo.

Steve Austin was loving amazing, and the crazy thing is I think we all understood just how good we had it, it was a loving incredible time to be a fan.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 14, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

VJeff posted:

btw, this is gonna lead to Jason Jordan beating HHH in a singles match, so.

Look forward to that, I guess? Or don't. I'm ambivalent about it.

It's gonna lead to HHH squashing him, but then putting him over as a 'great talent' and talking about what a 'tough match' it was, and WWE thinking this has elevated Jordan and he's now a main event talent

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Veryslightlymad posted:

He was a professional weight lifter/strongman so I guess he spent most of 20s doing that and got a deal with WWE when he was 29/30 iirc

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I have always loved this promo where he makes a startling confession ahead of No Way Out 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0pzilvG5I

All this one from a month or so earlier where he explained his strategy to win the Royal Rumble, with bonus trash-talking (and putting over!) of Triple H

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6lpx7_0b1k

These are both also good examples of why I don't hate the "What!?!" chants, because if a wrestler can handle a crowd (or is allowed to) then they can make it a huge enhancement to a promo.

Steve Austin was loving amazing, and the crazy thing is I think we all understood just how good we had it, it was a loving incredible time to be a fan.

"Vince will never have this again. HHH can run everything for the next 29 years but he'll never be the rock or stone cold. They're unsurpassable."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

"Vince will never have this again. HHH can run everything for the next 29 years but he'll never be the rock or stone cold. They're unsurpassable."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDa4A7v3-z0

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

god dammit HHH loving sucks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Allegedly part of the reason* Rock got so good was that he'd go out with all his lines that had been written for him prepared, then Triple H would improvise and Rock just stuck with his lines which make him (Rock) look dumb. So Rock complained to Vince who told him,'Well improvise back so you don't look dumb, duh!" and Rock took it to heart.

I imagine that conversation would do quite differently in this day and age.

* Also because his natural charisma ranked a 775-out-of-10

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HHH - Angle will suck

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just an interesting note: The India tour was reduced to a single day event instead of being a two day event. :toot:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

DoctorGonzo posted:

HHH - Angle will suck

Nah it's a fresh, hot matchup! And who knows, maybe they'll throw in some crazy storyline twist where it looks like maybe Stephanie is falling for Angle? I dunno, just spitballing here.

I didn't watch Raw but lol that HHH once again inserts himself into the big storyline so he'll ultimately look super badass and cool at the end of it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m guessing the answer to this question is “lmao” but: during the Finn / Joe tag match did the announcers mention that they won the inaugural Dusty Classic as a tag team?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rarity posted:

• Hulk Hogan
  • Kevin Nash
  • Great Khali
  • Naked Mideon
  • Lex Luger
  • Buff Bagwell
  • Horace Hogan
  • Mordecai
  • Nathan Jones
  • Akeem
  • The Red Rooster
  • Heidenreich
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Billy Gunn
  • Kenzo Suzuki
  • David Flair

Lex Luger was definitely better than HHH. Mods?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He was probably best in the world in 1999/2000 but since his return in 2002 he's had, like, 5 great matches and maybe 2 or 3 good angles. And while I said earlier "don't blame the talent for bad booking," HE IS THE BOOKER.

gently caress him and gently caress everything about him, he hasn't had a good match or angle since Daniel Bryan or the Shield and that was three and a half years ago and before that he had a couple good matches with Undertaker at Mania where the angles were ok at best. Stay the gently caress off my tv

He is very bad.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I know New Day is still over and I'm not eager for yet another bad tag team split up but they really need make the jump with Big E as a singles guy soon if there's going to be any future for him there. I still think E could be a world champion but they don't have unlimited time to act on that.

Rarity posted:

• Buff Bagwell

HHH wishes the Pedigree was as cool as the Blockbuster.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Triple H is in the Survivor Series match because he's been pinned in every single televised match since either Roadblock or the match where he killed Dolph Ziggler before Wrestlemania 32. He can get some pins and be built back up instead of being a very obvious overpaid job guy to put over newer main event talent. Raw is also probably winning and Hunter can just survive the match and benefit from it.

Jason Jordan having no charisma has killed the son angle. If they needed to split AA, I honestly think that Gable would've fully embraced the weirdness of the angle and would've come in with his own sheriff hat without being asked because he has always been a funny and weird dude. Unfortunately he is too short to ever be considered worth anyone's time so rest in peace Chad.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jesus old crowds were so loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Jesus old crowds were so loud

Go watch that one Raw from February 2000 with the 5 v 5 main event (Rock&Sock & Too Cool v HHH and the Radicalz), the crowd noise is basically one long Jesus pop for the last 20 minutes

• Locked thread