Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Vaguido posted:

Triple H is in the Survivor Series match because he's been pinned in every single televised match since either Roadblock or the match where he killed Dolph Ziggler before Wrestlemania 32. He can get some pins and be built back up instead of being a very obvious overpaid job guy to put over newer main event talent. Raw is also probably winning and Hunter can just survive the match and benefit from it.

Jason Jordan having no charisma has killed the son angle. If they needed to split AA, I honestly think that Gable would've fully embraced the weirdness of the angle and would've come in with his own sheriff hat without being asked because he has always been a funny and weird dude. Unfortunately he is too short to ever be considered worth anyone's time so rest in peace Chad.

"Triple H has been pinned in every televised match since a year and a half ago when he won the championship, kneecapped Dean Ambrose and main events Wrestlemania"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

"Triple H has been pinned in every televised match since a year and a half ago when he won the championship, kneecapped Dean Ambrose and main events Wrestlemania"

You're not wrong, but at this point, Triple H losing a match is arguably too obvious of an outcome in his future matches, so it makes sense to give him some wins to remind people that he isn't just an old washed up trash can.

Obviously it'd be better to just stop using him as a performer in general but we don't live in a fantasy land.

Also he's totally beating Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 33 so strap in for that poo poo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vaguido posted:

You're not wrong, but at this point, Triple H losing a match is arguably too obvious of an outcome in his future matches, so it makes sense to give him some wins to remind people that he isn't just an old washed up trash can.

He is

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Not in kayfabe. I'm not stating real facts, I'm stating what WWE wants us, the viewers, to think.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Triple H is a star.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Two Beans posted:

Triple H is a star.

But not a superstar?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Rarity posted:

Wrestlers Worse Than Triple H

• Hulk Hogan
  • Kevin Nash
  • Great Khali
  • Naked Mideon
  • Lex Luger
  • Buff Bagwell
  • Horace Hogan
  • Mordecai
  • Nathan Jones
  • Akeem
  • The Red Rooster
  • Heidenreich
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Billy Gunn
  • Kenzo Suzuki
  • David Flair

Horace Hogan has a five star match!

How many five star matches has HHH had?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Triple H should just be the new Cowboy Bill Watts and come out and make matches and then go away until someone does something so heinous he has to come back, every 2-3 years in time for WM.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I know New Day is still over and I'm not eager for yet another bad tag team split up but they really need make the jump with Big E as a singles guy soon if there's going to be any future for him there. I still think E could be a world champion but they don't have unlimited time to act on that.

HHH wishes the Pedigree was as cool as the Blockbuster.

Big E is like the one wrestler I'm not worried about singles wise. He basically has a spot forever with his bodytype and now that he has had a great deal of successful practice at using his natural personality to enhance the written material in a way that management has accepted it means that he can basically make a title run work any time he needs to.

Now whether that newfound confidence (remember Big-E talking before the new day?) will last once he is stripped of his braintrust I can't say for certain but it definitely seems to me like Big E has one of the safest careers in WWE right now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Jordon is like Big Cass is like Roman Reigns, WWE thinks in a tag team the break out single star is the big explosive hot tag so when they split them they mostly want to push that big move guy not realising they were carried by their partners (Gable, Enzo, Rollins).

If WWE owned NWA in the 80s they would've thought the singles talent in the Rock n Roll Express was Robert Gibson.

You mean like the bookers at the time thought?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

Jesus old crowds were so loud
Its because the crowds were bigger and they were given a lot of reasons to cheer.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hogan was better than HHH in every way posible.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I cant wait to see Big E and Roman spear each other.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hogan was better than HHH in every way posible.

Peak HHH probably had better matches but Hulk destroys him as a promo, as a drawing star, and in charisma. No contest

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Someone post that big screed about how every wrestler in history was better than Trips

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
WWE is where the Old Boys Play

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Someone post that big screed about how every wrestler in history was better than Trips

https://pastebin.com/XXMU5M8g

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Wrestlers I'd Watch Over Triple H

• Literally Everyone Ever Up To And Including
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Kevin Nash
  • Great Khali
  • Naked Mideon
  • Lex Luger
  • Buff Bagwell
  • Horace Hogan
  • Mordecai
  • Nathan Jones
  • Akeem
  • The Red Rooster
  • Heidenreich
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Billy Gunn
  • Kenzo Suzuki
  • David Flair

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Peak HHH probably had better matches but Hulk destroys him as a promo, as a drawing star, and in charisma. No contest

HHH's peak year in 2000 might be bigger than Hogan's peak in terms of money drawn, maybe. But obviously his peak was much shorter and a different era.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This is my favourite SCSA moment and was at the peak of my childhood interest in wrestling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55epUQD0NKs

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

HHH's peak year in 2000 might be bigger than Hogan's peak in terms of money drawn, maybe. But obviously his peak was much shorter and a different era.

Over eighties Hogan and nWo Hogan?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
to be fair isn't 2000 WWF basically the most profitable year a wrestling promotion has ever had or something

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I know New Day is still over and I'm not eager for yet another bad tag team split up but they really need make the jump with Big E as a singles guy soon if there's going to be any future for him there. I still think E could be a world champion but they don't have unlimited time to act on that.

What if Big E doesn't want to be split into a singles star?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The rest of the New Day backing up a singles champ Big E would be cool.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

it wasn't triple h drawing the money, if you smell what I'm cooking

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Over eighties Hogan and nWo Hogan?

2000 was an absolutely incredible year and the house show numbers were extraordinary. nWo Hogan did huge numbers on PPV but didn't do a lot of house shows, and WCW was really only outdrawing WWF in house shows for a short time. 2000 blew those years away on PPV. PPV obviously didn't really exist at Hogan's peak and at the end of his peak it wasn't the driving metric, but even in house shows 2000 outdrew it. But it was just over a year and Hogan was obviously a bigger star.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

it wasn't triple h drawing the money, if you smell what I'm cooking

He drew just as big with non Rock opponents, sorry.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I don't know poo poo about house shows but outside of his feud with with Foley the top of the card was Rock and eventually Austin

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
best quote from the HHH screed btw

quote:

Kennel From Hell was a better match than Michaels/HHH Hell In A Cell, though the Michaels/HHH match may have had [a] higher ratio of bitches.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Triple H was never the draw. He was the guy who fueded with the draw. Nobody was showing up to see him beat The Rock or Steve Austin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HHH always thought he was Dwayne and Steve's equals

Nah, those two carried that era and he rode the coattails all the way through. Him being the last one standing, he assumes, will make people forget that

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Frankston posted:

This is my favourite SCSA moment and was at the peak of my childhood interest in wrestling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55epUQD0NKs
This is the first full PPV I ever watched and that main event is still easily my favourite of all time.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lmfao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Triple H was never the draw. He was the guy who fueded with the draw. Nobody was showing up to see him beat The Rock or Steve Austin

Crazy that literally everyone from late 99 until early 2001 was a draw other than HHH, Batista was the draw at WM and their Cell match and the entire 2002 Rumble which was built around HHH was actually not drawn by him. Also it's hilarious if you think the role of the heel is to make people want THE HEEL to win. Duh they are supposed to want to see him lose. (Batista owns and he contributed to their feud but he wasn't the only reason they did a million buys.)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 14, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

:laffo:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i Think Roman should fight Triple H one last time to figure out who the biggest draw of all time is.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
J-Ru please put the ages of the main champions of their respective brands also in the OP (both 40).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jinder is such a big draw in India that WWE had cut the "tour" down from 2 shows to 1.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

I was, I went to several shows because Trips was on top of the card. Prior to the quad injury there was no one that touched him as far as I was concerned.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

MassRafTer posted:

Jinder is such a big draw in India that WWE had cut the "tour" down from 2 shows to 1.

Hopefully that means they're not just going to give him the title back after SS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It is a FACT the wrestlemanias headlined by HhH are all the lowest drawing ones, each one drawing less than the other

• Locked thread