Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sizemore has always seemed like he's able play a degenerate lowlife on screen so effortlessly because he's had plenty of practice in real life, beyond the drugs and the domestic violence and the sex tape. That accusation is unfathomably disgusting but not surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Nothing should really be surprising about Tom Sizemore.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Well that certainly puts an unexpected spin on Heat forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc&t=579s

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Burn Hollywood, salt the ground it stood on.

Can’t emptyquote in CD but yeah. Burn the fucker down.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Raxivace posted:

Bay produced the Friday the 13th remake a few years back and apparently stormed out of the premiere when he saw how much sex there was in it.

I thought you were joking but looking it up this actually happened. How strange.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can actually totally buy into the idea that Michael Bay has some kind of arrested development juvenile idea of sex. Like, Quentin Tarrentino has a foot fetish. We know this because he fetishizes it routinely in a way that isn't even always overtly sexual but is clearly a thing that he is really fascinated by. But Bay's fascination with sex is like a 13-year-old's idea of what sex is. Like "he made Megan Fox wash his car in a bikini" reads entirely to me like something he saw in a movie instead of some actual sexual fantasy of his. It plays exactly like a pre-pubescent kid who gets the broad idea of sex and is obsessed with it, but doesn't actually understand it or is terribly into.

Or he could just be a lowest common denominator sleazeball. But I can buy the theory now that i think of it.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

STAC Goat posted:

I can actually totally buy into the idea that Michael Bay has some kind of arrested development juvenile idea of sex. Like, Quentin Tarrentino has a foot fetish. We know this because he fetishizes it routinely in a way that isn't even always overtly sexual but is clearly a thing that he is really fascinated by. But Bay's fascination with sex is like a 13-year-old's idea of what sex is. Like "he made Megan Fox wash his car in a bikini" reads entirely to me like something he saw in a movie instead of some actual sexual fantasy of his. It plays exactly like a pre-pubescent kid who gets the broad idea of sex and is obsessed with it, but doesn't actually understand it or is terribly into.

Or he could just be a lowest common denominator sleazeball. But I can buy the theory now that i think of it.

You're overestimating middle aged white dudes and their sexuality which is about as deep as an issue of a Maxim knockoff mag

noyes
Nov 10, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
my sexuality is so deep that it plumbs the earth's molten core

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

No word of sex scandal at first Oscar celebration of season
https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-oscars-awards-season-bestowed-saturday-144126966.html

For many years I've wanted Jack Black and Armond White to cohost the Academy Awards but after reading that Sizemore article it seems apropos for Robert Englund to host the 90th Oscars on Sunday, March 4, 2018 in the persona of his famous Freddy Krueger character.

As new names appear every day scenes from that film Spotlight are coming to mind. Particularly these scenes:

https://youtu.be/4pUi3hbXF2c?t=1m7s

https://youtu.be/csRJ-T2LNI0?t=1m14s

https://youtu.be/jt5L4Xc-HtY?t=1h53m12s

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I didn't recognize that actress' name, so I googled her and this is what I got:

https://hornetapp.com/stories/daniel-franzese-bijou-phillips-bully/

If this is true she's a loving poo poo head. What a miserable production, a middle school level bully and a pervert director.

This movie sounds like an absolute trainwreck behind the scenes.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

The guillotine is too quick for him.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'd never wish a relapse and heroin overdose on a person but oh what a shame that would be

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Michael Bay's films read like a gay man making a movie to impress straight guys.

Kill Sizemore

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Keith Atherton posted:

I'd never wish a relapse and heroin overdose on a person but oh what a shame that would be

I, on the other hand, am okay wishing painful death upon child molesters. That's Heat and Saving Private Ryan marred! Like, not to an unwatchable degree, but it's still weird.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

well why not posted:

Michael Bay's films read like a gay man making a movie to impress straight guys.

That... actually describes it pretty well

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

well why not posted:

I feel like a gay man would know how to present women in a way that's alluring to straight men.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Everything in Bay's films are used as toys to be played with(which of course is what made him so perfect for Transformers), but it makes it pretty tough to get into his head or gain any insight into who he is as a person. He goes so far out of his way to never ever have genuine pathos of any kind in his movies, and that includes sexuality. So I guess that does tell you something about the man but I'm not quite sure what.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I find this whole revealing of creepy Hollywood stuff simultaneously exciting and also (literally, physically) sickening and nauseating, the way you just KNEW the moment you read the name "Tom Sizemore" in this thread that it was going to awful and it just sends this wave of nausea coursing up through your body (and hopefully you didn't eat recently when that wave gets to the top).

Hilariously, that's the hardest thing about posting in this thread for me. I am kinda well known for writing out long posts which usually take at least 5 or 10 minutes (rather than the 5 or 10 seconds that go into a twitter post). The downside is that on issues like this, just... so much as thinking about this subject for more than a passing moment (I still have PTSD/agoraphobia/assorted social anxiety disorders from my childhood so draw your conclusions) usually causes me to feel really and truly sick to the point where there's a total possibility I might throw up. So I keep trying to write posts or finish a post on something and I have to stop and like, walk around and swish water or mouthwash around and spit it up and splash cold water on my face or do whatever I can from getting rid of that horrible sick nauseous feeling in my gut.

Which I have right now. This is like, the human body's idea of a brilliant defense mechanism probably, my psychiatrist would confirm I imagine

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ecareyo/status/930154667740295168

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

surprising absolutely NOBODY IN THE WORLD

gently caress james woods with a demagorgon bat

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

James Woods is a big Trump supporter on Twitter now. Expect a lot of people to say this is a liberal smear.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who is Elizabeth Perkins?

And didn't Tata Reid and another actress already accuse him if trying to pick them up at age 16? People seemed to believe it. James Woods just doesn't have a career to kill.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I’ll always remember her as Wilma from the Flintstones movie.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

well why not posted:

Kill Sizemore

They really don't. God, I hate posts like this.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

And didn't Tata Reid and another actress already accuse him if trying to pick them up at age 16? People seemed to believe it. James Woods just doesn't have a career to kill.

Amber Tamblyn I think

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Phylodox posted:

I’ll always remember her as Wilma from the Flintstones movie.
She barely reacted to Fred getting jumped by Haile Berry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sTrR2UiQOc&t=94s

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Magic Hate Ball posted:

They really don't. God, I hate posts like this.

Explain why not? Because I get that "projecting what society wants and sometimes criticizing it and sometimes reveling in it" in every aspect of his films, including women.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Darko posted:

Explain why not? Because I get that "projecting what society wants and sometimes criticizing it and sometimes reveling in it" in every aspect of his films, including women.

Gay men aren't straight men that simply find women icky, it's pretty reductive to conflate Bay's stunted sense of what's 'sexy' with being gay.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'll always remember her as Tom Hanks' love interest in the film Big. I think she was pretty great and memorable in that flick, actually.

Who woulda thought Robert Loggia could ever pull off such a heart-warming role as he did in that flick :allears:

edit: To illustrate the above point I'm gay/queer and could understand the innately heterosexual appeal of Elizabeth Perkins in Big just fine

kaworu fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 14, 2017

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Gay men aren't straight men that simply find women icky, it's pretty reductive to conflate Bay's stunted sense of what's 'sexy' with being gay.

Oh, yeah, I do agree with "gay" being used as the direct analogy; I thought he was arguing Bay's intentions.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm fully willing to believe that Bay has severely stunted sexual growth in some manner, but I highly doubt he's gay.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I wonder if we are going to get into the massive clusterfuck of sexual harassment that still exists and goes on all the time in Washington, DC too. I mean, if people remember the scandals a while back involving the congressional page[s] (high-school age kids who get to do intern-type work with big-time legislators) that I think Mark Foley was harassing/sending creepy texts and pics to. The Page program apparently ended in the House in 2010 when Pelosi got rid of it, but there is still a *Senate* page program.

I knew a couple people who worked in the Page program in DC, one of them in particular. The way he described it made it seem like the pages (male and female) *all* had plenty of sexual harassment stories from the same sorts of people to varying degrees, generally not outright rape though but who the gently caress knows. What I thought was interesting was he said he knew guys awho'd had sex with some of these congressman either for career advancement or sums of money and he elaborated on all of this in a way that seemed pretty legit - although I should say he really was one of those cats who seemed like he belonged in a Bret Easton Ellis novel. He might've been loving with me but I kinda sorta doubt it was - the fact that he told me BEFORE the Foley scandal broke is why i actually believe him.

But I never really thought much of it given that Washington is a cesspool and a ton of these guys are creeps anyway. Terrible idea to being with. I mean I wouldn't assign hundreds of 16-year-olds to do intern work at the goddamn House - it even sounds like a disaster in the making! Though they did shut it down I still wouldn't be surprised if this winds up being the source of all kinds of bad poo poo down the line for the vast number of creepy sweaty pervy politicians working in DC without their wives and family around.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I mean, please don't think I'm suggesting in any way that this is even close to "sufficient", but hey, at least they're acknowledging the problem on some level.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/senate-unanimously-approves-mandatory-sexual-harassment-training

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/bryan-cranston-believes-kevin-spacey-harvey-weinstein-second-chance-sexual-harassment-1201897266/

Cranston guilty of abusing his mouth with his foot. In deep need of message management at minimum.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
He's not really saying anything that wrong, I mean it's basically "we need to examine each of these men on a case by case basis and observe them over a long period of time and then as a society we can decide whether we want to accept them again."

But yea, wrong time for that message and he probably would have been better served by just keeping his mouth shut.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
His point doesn't seem unfair. He says they should put the psychological work in to fix themselves and sincerely seek forgiveness for what they did. It's just that bringing that up right now is not only a really poor choice, but also smacks of asking to continue the old way of forgiving talented people their horrible crimes because they're talented.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I agree with Cranston 100%, tbh. If any of these people are willing to put in the real work to rehabilitate themselves, then they should be forgiven. Their careers will never be the same again, but maybe they can still be involved in the work they love.

That said, I doubt Weinstein or Spacey will put in that effort.

e: also yeah maybe not the best timing while Hollywood is still a tire fire of accusations and such coming to light

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

esperterra posted:

I agree with Cranston 100%, tbh. If any of these people are willing to put in the real work to rehabilitate themselves, then they should be forgiven. Their careers will never be the same again, but maybe they can still be involved in the work they love.

That said, I doubt Weinstein or Spacey will put in that effort.

e: also yeah maybe not the best timing while Hollywood is still a tire fire of accusations and such coming to light

How would you feel if someone who raped you was reinstalled into a position in power in your industry because they went to therapy and wrote a mea culpa?

Forgiveness is one thing, and is something people can decide on an individual basis. But these abusers should absolutely not be working in movies again.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
And lets remember that there's no Hollywood Board of Directors or whatever that will come to some decision on whether a Weinstein or Louis C.K. is officially "forgiven". They have to do the work necessary so that enough of society feels comfortable enjoying the entertainment they produce again, and then when that happens people in the industry will probably consider working with them again. So Cranston is really just describing in a factual way what will happen, that we as a society will be watching these fuckers and if they don't get their poo poo together in a really dramatic way then they will not be able to easily find work for the rest of their lives(not that they need to in most cases).

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Forgiveness is one thing, and is something people can decide on an individual basis. But these abusers should absolutely not be working in movies again.

See my post above. There's no all powerful ruler of Hollywood that will just declare that Weinstein and the rest can't work in movies again. It's up to society to decide that, if the industry senses that we're ok with it, they will work again, straight up.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 14, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It would depend on the severity of what they did, and if they seemed to have honestly put in their time-- literal time, depending on the case. I'm not saying these men shouldn't be punished, some of them should probably end up doing jail time, but I'm a firm believer of second chances. On a case by case basis, like Cranston said.

It's not like I think Weinstein should become some bigwig producer as big as before if he rehabilitates himself. But he shouldn't be demonized forever if she shows true remorse and work. Which he probably won't.

I'm just a firm believer of second chances. Unless you hosed a kid. Then you can rot tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Weinstein will be arrested if he steps foot in New York again. Exactly what he would come back to - - running a company? Lmbo - - cannot be demonstrated.

Spacey has enough accusers that they are forming a support network. Robert Rodriguez might need him for something in 10 years, I guess. He is 58 and probably doesn't even need to work.