Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

EDIT: CATAXXE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I don't think any SJWs will be upset by a bunch of space dude clones wet thrusting each other.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/930498290453491715
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/930539870958882821

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Joystick discussion:

I used a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick back in ~99. My best memories with it were with Need for Speed 3 or 4, can't remember which, but it was the first one they started doing online with.

I turned the force feedback strength as low as possible, so that it gave me feel, but never disrupted my input. The joystick input allowed for precise analog steering, gas, and brakes, yet with rapid left to right movement not possible on a wheel.

I dominated every race so hard, I used to do precision gymnastic tricks off jumps with my car, and still win with half-lap margins.

When Need for Speed was good. :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

And lo, a nerd makes a tldr reply with links to 'back up with evidence'

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Sabreseven posted:

LMAO!!

They seriously are into censoring historic facts that paint CR and his companies in anything less than as the saviour of all things. Why are they so resolute in their stupidity?

Hey :reddit: CR has hosed up in the past many times, he's likely loving up yet again before your eyes, removing the historic and well documented facts from your boards does not mean it never happened, it just makes you look really incredibly stupid, like holding a wrench across truck battery terminals with bare hands kinda stupid, licking the top of a sulphuric acid container stupid, resting your face on a spinning anglegrinder disk stupid, juggling live grenades after you've pulled the pins stupid, placing your junk into the toothy maw of an angry rabid Doberman then flicking its balls with a horsewhip stupid.

I hope they understand that the main point I'm trying to make is that they are stupid. :)

I think the main point is your workplace needs better safety policies.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Star Citizen and CR a long (sorry) analogy :

The most luxurious ship in the world, the RMS Titanic is sinking having struck an iceberg on her starboard bow, her bow is now under water up to the bridge and the lower decks are flooding fast, dragging the ill fated vessel to her doom. Captain Smith, a man of reputation and an experienced sailor, runs aft towards the galley, dodging through the crowd of over paying passengers, pausing only for autographs and to "um, er, 3 point oh" away questions of their fate. He finally reaches the galley, catching his breath and giving a cursory glace at the inventory of stores he spies the item he needs to save the ship.

Captain Smith, marches purposefully at an angle to counter the now heavily listing ship, to a fine glass cupboard, the engravings are wonderful. He reaches in and collects a small ornate sherry glass, with his prize secured he now begins to head downwards, into the bowels of the ship where he can work his way forward towards the damage. The lights are flickering as the doomed vessels electric generators and batteries are damaged by the salty brine welling up from the lower decks, he presses on into the gloom, water shin deep to start with but within a few short minutes he finds himself wading knee, then waist, then neck deep in frothy brine.

Finally, he has gone as far as he can, he is directly below the bridge and deep within the ship. Clamping an arm around an overhead freshwater pipe he retrieves the sherry glass from his jacket pocket, dips it into the seawater and then with a grimace and steely determination, turns to make the trip back to the upper promenade. The swim is perilous and long, but finally the water level becomes gradually lower until he see's the picture postcard perfect starry sky above. The over paying passengers see him rise from the service hatch, and gasp.

The Captain has only one final task to complete to save his beloved ship, with one hand over the top of the sherry glass to prevent the liquid from escaping, he strides confidently as far astern as he can, fighting gravity as the angle of the deck becomes ever steeper. He reaches the handrail of the port side promenade, the now silent crowd of passengers watch intently as their savior finishes what he started. In one deft move, Smith lifts his hand from the sherry glass and simultaniously pours the contained saltwater over the side back to whence it came.

The passengers erupt in a cacophony of roaring cheers that shakes and rattles the very deck they are standing on, arms are flung high, smiles abound "He's done it, we're saved!!" they chant almost in unison, eyes bulging, faces reddening, capileries bursting with the screaching effort. Lifting the brave Captain onto their shoulders, they parade him over to the starboard side and place him down, he nods and smiles, then jumps on the jetski which is packed with moneybags he had parked beside the ship and fucks off leaving them all to die while he laughs all the way to the bank. The end.

:)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 14, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sabreseven posted:

The most luxurious ship in the world, the RMS Titanic is sinking having struck an iceberg on her starboard bow, her bow is now under water up to the bridge and the lower decks are flooding fast, dragging the ill fated vessel to her doom. Captain Smith, a man of reputation and an experienced sailor, runs aft towards the galley, dodging through the crowd of over paying passengers, pausing only for autographs and to "um, er, 3 point oh" away questions of their fate. He finally reaches the galley, catching his breath and giving a cursory glace at the inventory of stores he spies the item he needs to save the ship.

Captain Smith, marches purposefully at an angle to counter the now heavily listing ship, to a fine glass cupboard, the engravings are wonderful. He reaches in and collects a small ornate sherry glass, with his prize secured he now begins to head downwards, into the bowels of the ship where he can work his way forward towards the damage. The lights are flickering as the doomed vessels electric generators and batteries are damaged by the salty brine welling up from the lower decks, he presses on into the gloom, water shin deep to start with but within a few short minutes he finds himself wading knee, then waist, then neck deep in frothy brine.

Finally, he has gone as far as he can, he is directly below the bridge and deep within the ship. Clamping an arm around an overhead freshwater pipe he retrieves the sherry glass from his jacket pocket, dips it into the seawater and then with a grimace and steely determination, turns to make the trip back to the upper promenade. The swim is perilous and long, but finally the water level becomes gradually lower until he see's the picture postcard perfect starry sky above. The over paying passengers see him rise from the service hatch, and gasp.

The Captain has only one final task to complete to save his beloved ship, with one hand over the top of the sherry glass to prevent the liquid from escaping, he strides confidently as far astern as he can, fighting gravity as the angle of the deck becomes ever steeper. He reaches the handrail of the port side promenade, the now silent crowd of passengers watch intently as their savior finishes what he started. In one deft move, Smith lifts his hand from the sherry glass and simultaniously pours the contained saltwater over the side back to whence it came.

The passengers erupt in a cacophony of roaring cheers that shakes and rattles the very deck they are standing on, arms are flung high, smiles abound "He's done it, we're saved!!" they chant almost in unison, eyes bulging, faces reddening, capileries bursting with the screaching effort. Lifting the brave Captain onto their shoulders, they parade him over to the starboard side and place him down, he nods and smiles, then jumps on the jetski which is packed with moneybags he had parked beside the ship and fucks off leaving them all to die while he laughs all the way to the bank. The end.

You are wrong

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Thoatse posted:

You are wrong

Oh hey Pgabs :wave:

Now wait just a darn minute... :argh:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Joystick chat makes me uncomfortable.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Oh hey Pgabs :wave:

Now wait just a darn minute... :argh:

It doesn't matter how many words you type, you are still wrong on every level

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Thoatse posted:

You are wrong

:mediocre:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I spent all last night drinking progressively cheaper whisky and eating fried mystery* meat.

"Wet thrust" doesn't do this morning's ablutions justice, let me tell you.

*it was a mystery to me anyway

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hell yeah at everything

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
pgabz cannot contain his rage

these are truly end times

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Thoatse posted:

It doesn't matter how many words you type, you are still wrong on every level

No because you see *posts many links*,

and furthermore...

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The "Derek is stalking Sandi" delusion is the creepiest loving garbage. So much loving projection. Don't mention the only Vice President of a company, host of one of its weekly excusecasts!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

No because you see *posts many links*,

and furthermore...

:argh:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

Please don't compare The Titanic to the flaming poop bag that is SC, The Titanic is a nice poster.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I didn't read a word of that after the first paragraph. :smugdog:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

trucutru posted:

(this part is important)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

trucutru posted:

If anything you went too far.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hey Star Citizen...

http://thegameawards.com/awards/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

Not even NOMINATED for most anticipated game.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Please don't compare The Titanic to the flaming poop bag that is SC, The Titanic is a nice poster.

That's Captain Smith. He was from Stoke on Trent (Etruria), but they initially refused his statue, so it stands just opposite Lichfield cathedral. I have placed a traffic cone on his head, circa 1993. Stoke-on-Trent decided they wanted the statue back when the movie got big, but Lichfield told them to go shove it.

Edit: That's my titanic story.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

trucutru posted:

didn't read :smugdog:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Reminder that this is the dude who spent half a year trying to convince everyone he was totally neutral and didn't care about SC but was trying to learn what was going on, before loving up and admitting he has like $200 in jpegs.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Hav posted:

That's Captain Smith. He was from Stoke on Trent (Etruria), but they initially refused his statue, so it stands just opposite Lichfield cathedral. I have placed a traffic cone on his head, circa 1993. Stoke-on-Trent decided they wanted the statue back when the movie got big, but Lichfield told them to go shove it.

Edit: That's my titanic story.

It's good that his statue is him standing at attention looking over the horizon.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

It's good that his statue is him standing at attention looking over the horizon.

Towards the East, which would be the wrong direction to spot incoming icebergs.

Thankfully, they're extremely rare in Staffordshire.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Reminder that this is the dude who spent half a year trying to convince everyone he was totally neutral and didn't care about SC but was trying to learn what was going on, before loving up and admitting he has like $200 in jpegs.

Fandred is so loving dumb that it's not even funny. The whole "I'm neutral (I just happen to always be on one side)" thing was pretty pathetic.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/930570105624330240

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

:argh:

Dusty Lens posted:

If anything you went too far.

:(

You're all too kind. :D

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Space Llama, Space Bat and Space Lemur.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Time to buy the RSI Ark, a floating zoo with pens for all the alien animals you'll be able to capture, raise, train, and interbreed. Only $800, $1200 for the Deluxe version with immersive animal waste distribution systems and a free breeding pair of X'Plkthnik'Slx already on board!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Quavers posted:

Adding to the Joystick Derail, this was my favourite back in the Amiga days:

The were very fragile, I think I went through four or five, but drat precise and excellent to play games with.
My go-to was the sweet as gently caress Python 1M

I think I still have it in storage.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Umbreon, Feraligatr, Pikachu.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I guess the competent concept artists have gone.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Anyone else feel hollow, feel grief and want to rub.

Chime in.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

trucutru posted:

the question will be which will have the bigger body count when the tally comes in? How many whales in Germany alone would SC have?

intardnation fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I see Pikachu is sticking to his diet. :)

edit, Ninja'd :(