Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
designed by apple in shenzhen, assembled in california

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
iphone xir

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Generic Monk posted:

iphone xtreme edition

what are the odds on them actually doing this? i'm of the mind that the notch in the x is about as small as it's going to get for quite a while, which would prob preclude them putting it in a reasonably sized phone. more likely they'll just continue to make dinner trays imo

odds are not great since kgi the analyst has multiple times said they are making x and x bigphone next year

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Poopernickel posted:

Just took my work 2016 mbp to the apple store

Trip report: the genius bar is totally unable to deal with a situation where an appointment is made by an IT iTunes account, but the person bringing in the laptop is somebody else

They're fixing my trash keyboard by shipping the laptop to houston where they'll replace literally half of the computer (just so the trash keyboard can poo poo out again in 6 months because "dust, or you're typing it wrong")

Laptop is on applecare but the invoice would have been $800

wrap it up apple-ailures

apple should make a wee lil vacuum attachment that fits in the space between the keys, they could fix that poo poo in the store while u wait, or give them out for free like the iPhone 4 bump cases

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

man, apple's quality control sucks. look how that camera bump moves from phone to phone

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

cinci zoo sniper posted:

odds are not great since kgi the analyst has multiple times said they are making x bigphone and ipad x next year

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

im the secondary LED flash left on the phone for some reason

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rex-Goliath posted:

hey there sxe :pervert:

apple has hired vince russo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

lol the x already is too big

i like to read the 9to5mac comments because im an idiot and most people are saying that the screen on the x is too small and they cant wait for next year. those people are mentally sick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Linguica posted:

im the secondary LED flash left on the phone for some reason

clone tool is hard

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

odds are not great since kgi the analyst has multiple times said they are making x and x bigphone next year

odds are not great because the iphone se is $350 and if they make it too good people wont buy the expensive phones

id say there is like a 50% chance it gets upgraded to an a11 with no other changes in like june next year

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

apple should make a wee lil vacuum attachment that fits in the space between the keys, they could fix that poo poo in the store while u wait, or give them out for free like the iPhone 4 bump cases

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
new update now has a deceleration when you click title bar to scroll to top of whatever ??

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

lol like tim would make a good phone ahhaaha

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

poty posted:

odds are not great because the iphone se is $350 and if they make it too good people wont buy the expensive phones

id say there is like a 50% chance it gets upgraded to an a11 with no other changes in like june next year

I bet a11 with 3D Touch, no ois on the camera, second gen touchid, and no headphone jack. maybe waterproofing.

that lets apple drop the a9 with the 6s, drop a separate non-force-touch phone UI, and force their dongle into more packages.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

yea, but suck, not blow. blowing just wedges the little buggers in tighter

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yea, but suck, not blow. blowing just wedges the little buggers in tighter

mind if your mom swings around?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Shifty Pony posted:

force their dongle into more packages

tim cook born in alabama; plan checks out

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

apple has hired vince russo

stebe edition xtreme

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

echinopsis posted:

new update now has a deceleration when you click title bar to scroll to top of whatever ??

NSAnimationEaseIn

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

poty posted:

lol the x already is too big

i like to read the 9to5mac comments because im an idiot and most people are saying that the screen on the x is too small and they cant wait for next year. those people are mentally sick
The entire reason I got the x was because I loved the bigass screen on my plus, but the size was ridiculous. I agree that the x is too big in the sense that no larger phone is going to ever feel as good as the 5 or SE in my hand, but if I want a bigger screen, it’s a compromise I’m gonna have to live with.

I hope they update the SE every couple years forever. The form factor is too perfect to let it die.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Laslow posted:

I hope they update the SE every couple years forever. The form factor is too perfect to let it die.
they won't. and more's the pity.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

my friend have you heard about capitalism?

here's the link I was trying to find earlier: https://corpgov.law.harvard.edu/2012/06/26/the-shareholder-value-myth/

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
heres hoping timb will find a way to shove a touchid layer in next years screen assemblies

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

heres hoping timb will find a way to shove a touchid layer in next years screen assemblies

Tim Cook is busy shoving items up his butt and receiving blood transfusions from 20 year olds

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Tim Cook is busy shoving items up his butt and receiving blood transfusions from 20 year olds
thats not blood

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Ordered an iPhone X. Kind of feel like a huge piece of poo poo spending $1000 on a goddamned telephone.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Ordered an iPhone X. Kind of feel like a huge piece of poo poo spending $1000 on a goddamned telephone.
don't sign yo- hmm

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

carry on then posted:

NSAnimationEaseIn

my phone updated last night
and now...

it happens

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
did apple backpedal in 11.1 on how the the wifi toggle works in control center? when i toggle it off to disconnect from a weak signal it should reconnect when i get to another wifi source but it doesn't any more, i have to go into control center and manually turn it on.

also reading messages on my mba or work imac won't clear the unread notifcation in osx my iphone, i have to look a them on the iphone for them to clear on all devices.

thanks tim.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

and if that's too hard, just put touchid in the notch, instead of that faceid stuff. its probably more comfortable if the notch is on the bottom in that case tho. and that might make the swipe-up gesture awkward so maybe put a haptic-simulated button in the bottom-notch, that you press to go home or activate siri or whatever.

sell it for $2000.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

and if that's too hard, just put touchid in the notch, instead of that faceid stuff. its probably more comfortable if the notch is on the bottom in that case tho. and that might make the swipe-up gesture awkward so maybe put a haptic-simulated button in the bottom-notch, that you press to go home or activate siri or whatever.

sell it for $2000.

build touchid into the edge, it's where your fingers sit anyway

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
so, uh, the ear piece is at the bottom then? or are they being brave and making it only work with air pods

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

infernal machines posted:

so, uh, the ear piece is at the bottom then? or are they being brave and making it only work with air pods

what does your heart tell you

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
One time I got a call while wearing my AirPods and I instinctually pulled them out of my ears, and stuck them in my shirt pocket. The AirPods took the call, so I couldn't hear anything out of the phone's earpiece while I heard some lady repeating 'hello' from my shirt pocket.

They never called back, so I guess it wasn't important.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol i forgot about airbuds

lol forever

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

they're good. i use mine every day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

THC posted:

they're good. i use mine every day

Stymie posted:

lol forever

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

marco arment gives a heartfelt blowjob to the 2012-2015 MacBook Pro
https://marco.org/2017/11/14/best-laptop-ever

can’t say I disagree - 2016 touchbar design loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
cryhard marco overcast is still whining about not being apple's target market, i see.