Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm down for Woodley vs Nate.

Memento posted:

So they want Conor to win a belt in a third division?

Partly that, but I also think it helps them out with future negotiations. Next time Nate & Woodley want to get paid the same as Conor & GSP, UFC can point to their UFC 219 title fight only doing like 500k buys or whatever it's gonna do and have a pretty good argument for telling them no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Two guys unwilling to fight meeting for a belt

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
It pains me to say it but woodley will double leg Nate instantly.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Looking forward to Nate taking a nap in the middle of the ring like his brother

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
When I heard rumors of Covington/Woodley, I was dreading having to actually cheer for Woodley.

At least now I don't have to worry about that.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Lmao that owns

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wait NATE Diaz????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wait NATE Diaz????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This is that good serious posting poo poo.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Conor is fairly hittable and Artem isn’t as terrible as this thread acts like he is

i agree cos i remember that he showed a good side of himself when he fought cub swanson, he wasnt really in the fight but he made cub swanson dig deep

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i cant see nate winning that. maybe he could submit woodley , hes like a black belt or something right. good luck to both of them anyway

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
If Nate wins can you imagine the Conor rematch. It has to be what they're going for.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nate gets seriously out strengthed by guys at 170 and he'll get taken down and then immediately let back up on the way to an extremely boring 50-45 loss. Nick would be a fun fight.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Listen guys, if GSP can come out of retirement, move up a weight class and win a championship anyone can. So, here's to Anthony Johnson your next heavyweight champion

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
AJ could definitely crack the gently caress out of Stipe. God that would be amazing.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Soooo

They were going to book McGregor Diaz then?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

That would definitely sell a lot of PPV buys. Nate isn't Conor, but who is?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

JaySB posted:

Listen guys, if GSP can come out of retirement, move up a weight class and win a championship anyone can. So, here's to Anthony Johnson your next heavyweight champion

this is absolutely possible. if he wasn't retired.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Whose idea was this and how do I stop them

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/TWooodley/status/930704484723982336

Woodley is in camp as well.

Roy Gato III
Jun 2, 2013

Gay Horney posted:

AJ could definitely crack the gently caress out of Stipe. God that would be amazing.

I'm kissing my fingers like an Italian chef

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Anthony Joshua's been on record as saying he'd probably lose in MMA but he'd be open to it.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/21/16180402/boxing-news-anthony-joshua-open-mma-fight-id-probably-get-beaten

That kind of recognition that he'd probably lose in MMA is probably a big chunk of what he needs to actually go into a proper camp for an MMA fight and come out of it looking good even if he does lose.

Nate vs Tyron is an ok matchup I guess but I'm not watching Woodley fight at 5am in the morning.

Roy Gato III posted:

I'm kissing my fingers like an Italian chef

:discourse:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Nov 15, 2017

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
what a dumb loving fight

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Mean Bean Machine posted:

what a dumb loving fight

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

How does Tyron, who constantly whines, has zero charisma, and has boring fights, keep getting big fights or fights on big cards?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FishBowlRobot posted:

How does Tyron, who constantly whines, has zero charisma, and has boring fights, keep getting big fights or fights on big cards?

Because he’s the champion of a division comprised of normal sized adults.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Woodley should be able to take him down and he is actually reasonably active there, no one complains about the one round each fight he spent wrestling Wonderboy. But he shouls have a significant cardio disadvantage and even with the size, strength and skill disparity, if he tries to lower his volume and lay and pray he could still risk giving up a sub opportunity to Diaz in later rounds if he is wrestling Diaz while tired snd sloppy. He could also try standing with Nate but Woodley is not great at cutting corners and tends to walk straight back which is exactly the type of fighter the Diaz bros excel against in striking, so it would become wild exchanges of volume vs counter timing and overwhelming power which is always cool to see. I think Woodley has almost all of the advantages but its a more interesting fight than most of you seem to think and a less likely one to be boring for Woodley.

That said I think its a stupid fight and extremely transparently cynical thing for a promotion to do by putting a lightweight with a losing record at welterweight into a ww title fight exclusively in the hopes that he will beat Woodley and then lose a money fight to McGregor so he can have an unprecidented third division belt he will never defend.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

Woodley should be able to take him down and he is actually reasonably active there, no one complains about the one round each fight he spent wrestling Wonderboy. But he shouls have a significant cardio disadvantage and even with the size, strength and skill disparity, if he tries to lower his volume and lay and pray he could still risk giving up a sub opportunity to Diaz in later rounds if he is wrestling Diaz while tired snd sloppy. He could also try standing with Nate but Woodley is not great at cutting corners and tends to walk straight back which is exactly the type of fighter the Diaz bros excel against in striking, so it would become wild exchanges of volume vs counter timing and overwhelming power which is always cool to see. I think Woodley has almost all of the advantages but its a more interesting fight than most of you seem to think and a less likely one to be boring for Woodley.

That said I think its a stupid fight and extremely transparently cynical thing for a promotion to do by putting a lightweight with a losing record at welterweight into a ww title fight exclusively in the hopes that he will beat Woodley and then lose a money fight to McGregor so he can have an unprecidented third division belt he will never defend.

Woodley also has pretty insane leg kicks, which he rarely uses but which could be useful against a Diaz. Love Nate but do not look forward to the possibility of Woodley patting himself on the back for defeating a lightweight. Was Nate's chin tested at welterweight?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Conor dropped Nate multiple times. Woodley will probably ice him.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I thought tyron had a separated shoulder from the Wonderboy fight he was getting surgery on? He just posted something on IG about how he's in a training camp

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Do you mean Maia?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I think this fight is really dumb but I would like to shout out the guy who said despite what you guys think the name Diaz doesn’t automatically give you a title shot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i want to give a shout out to the IDIOT at the UFC who didn't make a Diaz headline UFC 209

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gay Horney posted:

I thought tyron had a separated shoulder from the Wonderboy fight he was getting surgery on? He just posted something on IG about how he's in a training camp

yeah, according to tyron he was basically a walking corpse during the maia fight

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i want to give a shout out to the IDIOT at the UFC who didn't make a Diaz headline UFC 209

I’m like 90% sure one or both Diaz brothers got offered a fight and turned it down

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/1/13/14264250/ufc-209-nick-diaz-turned-down-tyron-woodley-title-fight-because-of-money

I would bet Nate got offered Tony before they made Tony/Khabib

Fat Twitter Man fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 15, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'm never not happy to see a Diaz fight so gently caress it I'm down.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i wish nick diaz would come back

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Apparently Cub is fighting Brian Ortega! I had no idea. That fight should be fairly loving sick

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Vitor vs Uriah Hall is a fairly cool matchup that I think Hall will win. Vitor should retire and Uriah Hall shoukd only be in the UFC to do board breaking demonstrations and motivational speeches between fights

Soothing Vapors posted:

yeah, according to tyron he was basically a walking corpse during the maia fight

I watched the fight, can confirm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I’m like 90% sure one or both Diaz brothers got offered a fight and turned it down

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/1/13/14264250/ufc-209-nick-diaz-turned-down-tyron-woodley-title-fight-because-of-money

I would bet Nate got offered Tony before they made Tony/Khabib

Same sentence but something alluding to not giving them enough money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
In news that will shock and disappoint you to your cores, Ketlen Viera says that her fight with GDR has been cancelled because GDR supposedly hurt her hand again

• Locked thread