Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Incandenza posted:

Could you perhaps expand on how this TM is different from usual difficult town TM?

fair enough, i may be tunneling TM a little too hard right now. I really didn't like his vote for me, and the (lack of )reasoning behind it.

Tired Moritz posted:

voting the boat, a new player, seems like the easiest thing in the world, and I'm judging people personally on that.

that only applies for d1 IMHO. It is now d2, and theboat hasn't contributed anything other than jumping on my lynch wagon. suspicious AF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Moatillata posted:

Ok.. went to check VF since no one else was gonna see how close we are to losing......

Votecount for Hour 2

b-minus1 (5): Retro Futurist, Revolver Anidav, Juchero, TheBoat, Tired Moritz
Tired Moritz (2): Moatillata, b-minus1
TheBoat (1): Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): Xad

With 9 players, it's 5 votes to axe a motherfucker. The current deadline is November 13th, 2017 at 5 p.m. PST -- that's in about 6 hours, 5 minutes.

Yeah I think we already lost....

:redhammer:

Was actually just about to go look. I'm baffled that you guys think b-minus is scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Moatillata posted:

Ok.. went to check VF since no one else was gonna see how close we are to losing......

Votecount for Hour 2

b-minus1 (5): Retro Futurist, Revolver Anidav, Juchero, TheBoat, Tired Moritz
Tired Moritz (2): Moatillata, b-minus1
TheBoat (1): Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): Xad

With 9 players, it's 5 votes to axe a motherfucker. The current deadline is November 13th, 2017 at 5 p.m. PST -- that's in about 6 hours, 5 minutes.

Yeah I think we already lost....

:redhammer:

god drat it. gg scum, sorry i wasn't around more this weekend town. goodbye.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

voting the boat, a new player, seems like the easiest thing in the world, and I'm judging people personally on that.

While in general I do not like voting new players and I will not on D1 I can’t abide a policy where you just won’t vote them at all and won’t accept cases against them. New or not he can still be scum and we won’t win if we refuse to even look at someone who will be scum.

I don’t want to take this personally or anything but I’m going to judge anyone who is defending someone who is posting scummy based on just the “new” defense. Das Boot isn’t being “awkward new guy” scummy he is being “scumbo” scummy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
need to clarify, scum that tries to push on the boat that is town is bad and mean.

if you're town that thinks he's scum, then it's fine. Though I still find it questionable when there's like a lot more people that made more posts that you could had cased in this game and I think it's very lazy to actively try to kick someone out that had just started getting used to everything.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
please cease the posthammer posting while i wake the gently caress up

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Hal Incandenza posted:

While in general I do not like voting new players and I will not on D1 I can’t abide a policy where you just won’t vote them at all and won’t accept cases against them. New or not he can still be scum and we won’t win if we refuse to even look at someone who will be scum.

I don’t want to take this personally or anything but I’m going to judge anyone who is defending someone who is posting scummy based on just the “new” defense. Das Boot isn’t being “awkward new guy” scummy he is being “scumbo” scummy

100% I agree. Please don't keep me around because I'm new. That defeats the purpose of me trying to play this game. I need to learn how to play a play by post variant or it won't work for me. Vote for me if you feel it's right. I understand the idea but if I play other games I wanna take this as a learning experience rather than a training wheel based exercise.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
b-minus1 has been sent to the basement.

He was a Party-aligned partygoer.

Her touch makes my tail flare. I feel the stretch and rustle of me back there. I bend my head to her and she whispers, "Pretty bird."

For a moment I think she knows it's me. But she doesn't, of course. I say "Hello" again and I will eventually pick up "pretty bird." I can tell that as soon as she says it, but for now I can only give her another hello. Her fingertips move through my feathers and she seems to know about birds. She knows that to pet a bird you don't smooth his feathers down, you ruffle them.

Night 2 has begun and will conclude 5PM PST 11/14 or as early as 11AM 11/14 if all actions are submitted, but no sooner.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Moat has joined me, Gulag, and bminus1 have joined me in the basement. It is now Day 3.

I'm gonna take a bit to update things on account of tonight being tonight but please, leap to one another's throats

peanut!

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
Is this game still going on

Where the new cases

yeah, I'm not risking the vote getting hosed before I can post

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
What's going on in that basement anyways?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Did moat just got janitor'd

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Did moat just got janitor'd

tbh i dont think moat is scum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I knew I loving forgot something important

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
my wife and i are currently fending off strep, so i really don't have the energy to do much

i did forget to mention that i got roleblocked on night 1, however

i do not have a power so whoever that was lol at u

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juchero posted:

my wife and i are currently fending off strep, so i really don't have the energy to do much

i did forget to mention that i got roleblocked on night 1, however

i do not have a power so whoever that was lol at u

If you have no power than pray tell how do you know you were blocked?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Hal Incandenza posted:

If you have no power than pray tell how do you know you were blocked?

i got a message from the mod

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Moat was a Party-aligned partygoer, descending to the basement far before his time...

There are strange sounds emerging from the basement.

peramene fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 15, 2017

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

I don't think theboat's read on b-minus was sincere. he spend all day 1 talking how that was his only read, did not talk about anything else day 2, and immediately started flipping around on even that one wishy-washy opinion

TheBoat posted:

I can't be 100% as am new and don't now what the obvious catches or subtleties are, however, with that being said. 1 thing is clear. The wording of how he went about explaining himself feels town, however how he explains his alignment and misreading it feels scummy.

TheBoat posted:

With the interactions thus far, I really only feel b minus. But it could be a way over the top, super wrong read. With that being said if I'm right those that have defended him in posts so far also feel suspect. Could go either way.

his post list is basically a bunch of low-content, hovering the line white noise. what the gently caress.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
do people with no powers usually get notified if they got roleblocked

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
My current track record in this game is awful so I'm just gonna be quiet

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tired Moritz posted:

depends on who is running the game

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

peramene posted:

Um. :stare:

Tired Moritz posted:

I haven't played a shitload of goonmafia, but the games I've been in even vanilla town would get notified of a jail/rb

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

I dont like everyone afking but I'm still trying to post in-character this game so V()V

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

peramene posted:

Gross

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Revolver Anidav posted:

I don't think theboat's read on b-minus was sincere. he spend all day 1 talking how that was his only read, did not talk about anything else day 2, and immediately started flipping around on even that one wishy-washy opinion

his post list is basically a bunch of low-content, hovering the line white noise. what the gently caress.

Yes this is how I feel as well, and I would once again vote boat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
well this sure is a hella of a doozy but i'm down (with the kids) with voting mr. boat since he wants to die so much

though, I feel there's something suspicious about xad's play

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Hour 3

Not Voting (7): Hal Incandenza, Juchero, Retro Futurist, Revolver Anidav, TheBoat, Tired Moritz, Xad

With 7 players, it's 4 votes to axe a motherfucker. The current deadline is November 16th, 2017 at 5 p.m. PST -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Moat was going pretty hard on moritz, and moritz ran in right after the flip with his weird janitor thing. Pretty sure would vote

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I've had a bit of a day ya'll sorry for how long it took to get everything goin'

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Retro Futurist posted:

Moat was going pretty hard on moritz, and moritz ran in right after the flip with his weird janitor thing. Pretty sure would vote

Hey it was a legit question.

This game feels a bit doomed but I feel like Moat was killed to plant suspicion on me.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Revolver Anidav posted:

I am just not understanding the intent of this post whatsoever. If you honestly feel my post content is low or my vote/case was not sincere why not vote me at that point? D1 cases being bad and low content except for a single read being not sincere seems contradictory in itself while i was not the only person that had suspicions at that point as well.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

TheBoat posted:

I am just not understanding the intent of this post whatsoever. If you honestly feel my post content is low or my vote/case was not sincere why not vote me at that point? D1 cases being bad and low content except for a single read being not sincere seems contradictory in itself while i was not the only person that had suspicions at that point as well.

What is people's opinion on this post

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

TheBoat posted:

but seriously, can you explain why other people having suspicions means you having no other content isn't scummy? Hell, the PRs in this game is nothing compared to the annoyance that is avoiding a D1 newbie vote then having that held against you like you missed your chance forever.

also yeah, I would like theboat to comment on other things now instead of defending themselves

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Hey it was a legit question.

This game feels a bit doomed but I feel like Moat was killed to plant suspicion on me.

Or is that just what you WANT us to think?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
do you really think i'm that smart

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Honestly I've done that play numerous times as scum. "Oh X is on to me, let's kill them tonight and nobody will believe it was me because that's too obvious"

Going to do a full read of Moritz when work settles down but I'm feeling it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Honestly I've done that play numerous times as scum. "Oh X is on to me, let's kill them tonight and nobody will believe it was me because that's too obvious"

Going to do a full read of Moritz when work settles down but I'm feeling it.

Yeah I don't like his change of tone today at all.

Hey Opop want to go investigate the basement with me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Revolver Anidav posted:

What is people's opinion on this post

It needs a lot more punctuation because it's difficult to read as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

who is maybe scum

1)boat

probably not scum

1)juch

who we should kill today

1)boat