Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of SD cards, is it possible to upgrade the Switch's card without losing your save data and downloaded games?

EDIT: Are any of the 3rd party Pro controllers worth buying? Or should I just get the official one if I have the money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The save data is all on your console. The games you can just move into your PC and then into your new card

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Got a pro controller and you guys weren’t kidding about the dpad.:smith:

A shame since I love everything else about it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

EL BROMANCE posted:

For the other people who bought that 128gb card from Best Buy last week... heard anything? Was expecting it to be delivered on the weekend, but it's still at the 'we've received the shipping information' stage according to FedEx since the 9th.

I picked it up in person myself but I'm wondering of that's a case of the tracking being behind the actual status of the delivery

Either way your best bet might be to try and contact them

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

You just gotta wear it in

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

They should pull a BotW and make the next Mario Kart an epic gran turismo type thing.

I'll do you one better: Mario and Sonic at the Races!

Winds up being this unholy hell of Forza-like upgrading and Dirt Rally-like difficulty.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

KingSlime posted:

I picked it up in person myself but I'm wondering of that's a case of the tracking being behind the actual status of the delivery

Either way your best bet might be to try and contact them

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if it was a supply constrained thing and everyone was in this state or just me. Email time!

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I recently got Puyo Puyo Tetris and I feel like it's caused a lot of false drops for me.

If wearing it in is actually a thing this is the only game I've used the dpad for so it'll take some time.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

*leans in close* buy the pokken controller

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You just gotta wear it in

I've had mine since launch and it's still pretty tough to play Puyo Puyo Tetris using the D-pad because left/right sometimes inputs up and drops the blocks immediately. I was waiting to send it to Nintendo in the hopes that the issue would be fixed by the end of the year. It's especially frustrating because the Pro controller is $20 more than the most expensive controller I've ever purchased. :(

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yep whenever I get the itch to buy one I just look up a review or two, then come across the dpad complaints and remember the price tag

"Oh lol that's right"

*Closes tab, continues using joy cons and DS4 for steam"

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

My girlfriend and I share a Switch at the moment but she's away on trips a lot and likes to bring it with her. That green and pink Splatoon bundle looks pretty tempting...

Does anyone have that bundle? I'm curious about the carrying case. It looks like it has a little flap to prop up the Switch, but I can't find any other pictures of the interior.

Also, having never played Splatoon before, how is the replayability of the multiplayer?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Big news, I guess
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/930894493146144768

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

404notfound posted:

My girlfriend and I share a Switch at the moment but she's away on trips a lot and likes to bring it with her. That green and pink Splatoon bundle looks pretty tempting...

Does anyone have that bundle? I'm curious about the carrying case. It looks like it has a little flap to prop up the Switch, but I can't find any other pictures of the interior.

Also, having never played Splatoon before, how is the replayability of the multiplayer?

Some people play it for hundreds of hours. I got sick of the music after like 10 and quit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is this out now?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

404notfound posted:

Is that what that flap is for? I figured it was just to store cartridges...

Well, I do have that bundle. The carrying case is quite nice. It feels very sturdy, but not heavy or bulky, and the design on it is really slick looking.

Splatoon is a good time. It's quite casual and there isn't much teamwork involved since there's no voice chat or anything. It's a super chill game, which might hook some people and might turn off others. For me it didn't have much staying power, but I did enjoy what I played of it.

But let's be honest, the real reason to get that bundle is because the joycons look snazzy as hell.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

404notfound posted:

I've got that case, the flap inside does fold up to serve as a stand and it's got five slots for cartridges. There's also a small mesh pouch on it that I guess is meant for joycon straps but the case bulges in an odd way when it's fully loaded with Switch and straps so I only throw those in when I'm going somewhere with friends. If you want I can take some pictures when I get home.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Real hurthling! posted:

Is this out now?

Yes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

404notfound posted:

Very replayable in my experience. It’s been pretty much my online shooter of choice since the first game came out.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Real hurthling! posted:

Some people play it for hundreds of hours. I got sick of the music after like 10 and quit

I don't blame you on the music but I turned the sound off and just jam my normal stuff.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/WormsTeam17/status/930813385322762240
That's November 23rd. I'm cautiously thrilled of this.

Worms WMD is great, the best iteration of Worms in a long time. glad it's gettin a switch release. having it for anywhere multiplayer is a boon

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

For the other people who bought that 128gb card from Best Buy last week... heard anything? Was expecting it to be delivered on the weekend, but it's still at the 'we've received the shipping information' stage according to FedEx since the 9th.

It was delivered yesterday for me.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
quest of dungeons sounds silly but is a fun and cheap lil roguelike and you should probably play it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the Mario carrying case intended to carry the dock too or just the console?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Real hurthling! posted:

The easiest thing is to toss the hat on each jump after like 30. You get 2 jumps counted per jump and you can vary the timing to reset if you are getting closer and closer to the rope. Its so much easier than every other trick out there
...like jump, and throw Cappy to do the halt-your-jump thing? The timing works out there?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

RatHat posted:

Is the Mario carrying case intended to carry the dock too or just the console?

The one in the bundle? It's the same as the Splatoon one, I think. It fits the console, five carts, and maybe two joycon straps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...like jump, and throw Cappy to do the halt-your-jump thing? The timing works out there?

Yes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there a consensus on the best screen protector? I was going to just go with the Nintendo one but it's at least twice the price of the others.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

RatHat posted:

Is there a consensus on the best screen protector? I was going to just go with the Nintendo one but it's at least twice the price of the others.

Multiple people here use and recommend whatever the highest rated glass protector.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I got the Hori screen filter and its really good.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

RatHat posted:

Yes. There is consensus. It’s this one: amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch 2017 (2-Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_RHndAbFT0DX19

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

The one in the bundle? It's the same as the Splatoon one, I think. It fits the console, five carts, and maybe two joycon straps.

...and no charger so that you can actually play. I still don't understand what they were thinking.

In Rocket League, the most important tip is to hit the ball toward the goal. It sounds like sarcasm, but you will be better than 90% of the other players if you do this because most people charge the ball and hit it just for the sake of hitting it like a bunch of idiot four year olds at their first soccer game. Simply thinking about which way the ball is going is enough to dominate most matches.

Assuming you can find a match where you aren't the only person who wants to play instead of idle for item drops.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

...and no charger so that you can actually play. I still don't understand what they were thinking.

Get this: there's a battery in the console

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I got the Hori screen filter and its really good.

Same, mine's been a trooper too. But I think we can all agree here that the Hori Premium one is a huge piece of poo poo. Bad enough that they re-released it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://youtu.be/JzH6wtGeaBM

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's a shame arms is apparently bad, I love the aesthetic

alr
May 14, 2009
Arms owns but it's a pretty overpriced niche game and I can see why it won't appeal to a lot of people. Friend and I still have fun with it, though I'd probably drop it if there was a smash bros on the system

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
NoA also posted a blog post with a bunch of info about the new character

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Raserys posted:

It's a shame arms is apparently bad, I love the aesthetic

It’s not bad at all, it’s a good game. You should definitely pick it up if the aesthetic interests you and a fun wacky boxer multiplayer game sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Only perverts like ARMS.

• Locked thread