Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Soothing Vapors posted:

yeah, according to tyron he was basically a walking corpse during the maia fight

Actually, he was far less active than your average walking corpse in tyool 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

tesilential posted:

Actually, he was far less active than your average walking corpse in tyool 2017.

I've watched both 28 films and can confirm that walking corpses are more active fighters

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I love how when Nick Diaz said Tyron needed to earn a fight with him, the reaction was "lol silly Nick", and now Nate is actually getting a title shot off losing a split decision to the 155 champ, which suggests the UFC agrees with Nick.

Gay Horney posted:

Apparently Cub is fighting Brian Ortega! I had no idea. That fight should be fairly loving sick
:getin:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The best possible outcome is nate beats woodley then beats Conor in the rematch and suddenly they're left with two division champion nate Diaz to deal with

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

If a Diaz holds a real UFC belt I'm pretty sure the world will finally explode like an old tit.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Ditch posted:

I love how when Nick Diaz said Tyron needed to earn a fight with him, the reaction was "lol silly Nick", and now Nate is actually getting a title shot off losing a split decision to the 155 champ, which suggests the UFC agrees with Nick.

Mr. Congressman was right, titles and ranks are meaningless.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the congressman was right, these guys are hot as hell and they're basically having sex with each other

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Skip My Posts posted:

the congressman was right, these guys are hot as hell and they're basically having sex with each other
Back when MMA was trying to become legal in New York, Rosie O'Donnell's brother said the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSaFKpwWYtQ

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Digital Jedi posted:

Back when MMA was trying to become legal in New York, Rosie O'Donnell's brother said the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSaFKpwWYtQ

:thejoke:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Captain Log posted:

If a Diaz holds a real UFC belt I'm pretty sure the world will finally explode like an old tit.

Like an old tit?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

Like an old tit?

thats why they have guard rails in buildings. it only takes one unsteady grandma to cause another situation like Aleppo

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Someone at Fox Sports doesn't know how to read odds.

https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/930964438160572422

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
lol what the gently caress

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
WME....is good?

Yo mad ups to the goon who said a Diaz will fail his way into a championship

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

I.N.R.I posted:

thats why they have guard rails in buildings. it only takes one unsteady grandma to cause another situation like Aleppo

but enough about Hillary Clinton

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gay Horney posted:

Like an old tit?

Trust me, old tits go up like cotton in a sorghum mill!

I.N.R.I posted:

You get it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Werdum threw a drat boomerang at Colby

https://twitter.com/UFCrelated/status/931004648944791552

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I like the huge man who bullies smaller people who everyone hates

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Colby's anti-Brazilian heeling may not have been well thought out

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

If as a human, another huge human hits you in the face with a boomerang, you lose.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
a plastic bag aka a brazilian boomerang

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Skip My Posts posted:

a plastic bag aka a brazilian boomerang

I know that you're a god drat idiot, but

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

This sport owns

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

LobsterMobster posted:

I know that you're a god drat idiot, but

not sure what youre gettin at

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Boomerang attacks in 2017 is intensely my poo poo

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I like the huge man who bullies smaller people who everyone hates

Surprised this isn't a Keven post

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm here lurking the UFC thread and I just decided to pop up and say as a fellow Brazilian AND gaścho I'm ashamed by Werdum's behavior. Boomerangs are an Australian thing, should've thrown some bolas instead. :colbert:

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
He should have signed the boomerang and given it back to him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://streamable.com/phzkn

colby throws a shout out to lobster mobster at around 15 seconds

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

jay z's sedan posted:

He should have signed the boomerang and given it back to him

it'd just come back to him. it's what they do. photo opportunity of colby covington getting hit again with the same boomerang reading 'eat poo poo. love, colby covington'

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

woops should have said that word in spanish then everyone would think it's funny.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's good to be doing stupid poo poo constantly in my opinion

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Looking at the odds, Nate Diaz has never lost a fight, whereas Woodley got knocked out by Nate Marquardt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I will bet on the one who is most likely to be a fan of Dragonball, the true MMA base, whom I believe to be Nathan Diaz.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Anthony Joshua's been on record as saying he'd probably lose in MMA but he'd be open to it.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/21/16180402/boxing-news-anthony-joshua-open-mma-fight-id-probably-get-beaten

That kind of recognition that he'd probably lose in MMA is probably a big chunk of what he needs to actually go into a proper camp for an MMA fight and come out of it looking good even if he does lose.

Also the fact that he'd go into heavyweight where a large factor in winning is do you have any cardio whatsoever

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's good to be doing stupid poo poo constantly in my opinion

Yah

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Werdum owns. I've thrown boomerangs for less tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Does werdum just walk around all day with a boomerang? That owns

• Locked thread