Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Little behind but after that first five minutes... They’re doing the thing right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hah - Mar-a-Lago Club. Missing a lot of gaudy gold everywhere.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
1.21 gigawatts

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

"Hey Dom good job you've been promoted to another case!"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
The Firefox ads have me :lol:ing

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

The red wheelbarrow commercial was pretty great also

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Nice twist Sam.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

:stare:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
:stare:

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Had a feeling it was going that way when they refocused on the fact that everything was distributed out. That said this version of the US is hyper hosed.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Oh poo poo, B-rock is still prez, so this is still in the 2016 crazieness.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

PhazonLink posted:

I think one of the taskbars he looked at said it was 2015

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'm thinking that this goes beyond vitriol towards price and white rose is making moves to turn China into the one supreme world power.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

J33uk posted:

Had a feeling it was going that way when they refocused on the fact that everything was distributed out. That said this version of the US is hyper hosed.

PhazonLink posted:

Say what you want about Trump, I'm not sure Barrack "I kill American citizens with robots" Obama would react in a restrained manner to a massive terrorist attack like this either.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Golashes posted:

I think one of the taskbars he looked at said it was 2015

It's like late September 2015.

d0grent posted:

I'm thinking that this goes beyond vitriol towards price and white rose is making moves to turn China into the one supreme world power.

I still think Whiterose is planning something bigger than just geopolitical realignment.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

cochise posted:

Yeah that was what the date on the ECorp PC said (9/29 I wanna say). Of course when the crazy time travel LHC kicks in who knows. Although that makes no drat sense because if you can time travel then who gives a gently caress about paper records?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

cochise posted:

I still think Whiterose is planning something bigger than just geopolitical realignment.

He totally is, but I think he's setting up china to rise above the US as part of his overall plan. He's tanking the whole US economy while having china be the only country independent of E-coin.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Wait... was young Angela the same girl that asked current Angela those questions in that room?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Great episode. Was that the actual Mar a Lago they were filming in or just a setpiece?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
It looked like a nice hotel ballroom with some fancy lighting, I highly doubt it was the real deal.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

J33uk posted:

I highly doubt it was the real deal.

I hope that is the case because I didn't even realize that's where they were until I started reading other peoples' opinions after. Actually filming in that place is beyond tasteless.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

With the all of the trump poo poo talking in that scene, there’s no way they had the slightest chance of filming in the real deal even if they wanted to.

And for those who missed it, the name of the club was on the napkin at the bar in the opening shot.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probably a set piece.

Donnie says that any thing filmed at his places have to give him a "cameo". Some actor/director mentioned that they do it but then tell the editors to cut the cameo out. He also said the Home Alone 2 scene was probably left in by mistake.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

cochise posted:

Wait... was young Angela the same girl that asked current Angela those questions in that room?

nope

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Young Angela was very well cast

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

d0grent posted:

I'm thinking it's going to lead to China owning the US.

Holy poo poo this show does tension well. Though I was still laughing when Elliot was kicking his own rear end.

Tyrell in the Red Wheelbarrow basement has to be a pizzagate reference, right?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 16, 2017

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
That escalated quickly. drat.

WHAT HAPPENS NOW THOUGH

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

I'm thinking it's going to lead to China owning the US.

Art imitates life

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ahahaha the music in the bit where they talk about going to lunch was from Repo Man, amazing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I really wish they would have filmed in Mar A Lago as two characters casually bashed Trump and his tastes, but obviously that didn't happen. Holy poo poo this is a good show.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Well they did call the owner a buffoon.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Gluten Freeman posted:

Young Angela was very well cast

I thought the actress that played her mother was also good. She had similar mannerisms to adult Angela.

That episode was great, though I'm starting to think that there's no sci-fi twist coming. Whiterose and the dark army know enough about everyone to tell them what they want to believe. Angela has been fooled into thinking that everything can somehow be undone.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What a loving episode. There are only 2 more left this season right?

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

What a loving episode. There are only 2 more left this season right?

Wikipedia says 4

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mike Danger posted:

Wikipedia says 4

Any speculation about whats left?

Wellick is in custody
Stage 2 went off without a hitch
The Dark Army has everything they want (Congo, Bitcoin, E-Corp being destroyed)
Elliot and Mr. Robot have seemingly made peace with each other

I'm really at a loss of what could still be left, outside of loving alternate dimensions. Whatever is left I'm going to strap the gently caress in and enjoy it!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SalTheBard posted:

Any speculation about whats left?

Wellick is in custody
Stage 2 went off without a hitch
The Dark Army has everything they want (Congo, Bitcoin, E-Corp being destroyed)

I'm really at a loss of what could still be left, outside of loving alternate dimensions. Whatever is left I'm going to strap the gently caress in and enjoy it!
Yeah, I was wondering last night how the hell they could fill another episode this season. 4 more is...confusing. I have no idea what's coming and it kinda rules.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
This episode may not have confirmed that time travel/alternate dimensions is possible, but in my eyes it definitely confirmed that Angela 100% believes that to be true.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

timp posted:

This episode may not have confirmed that time travel/alternate dimensions is possible, but in my eyes it definitely confirmed that Angela 100% believes that to be true.

What episode sparked this time travel/alternate dimensions thinking?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Did they? Or was Mr Robot just keeping Elliot busy while the rest of the bombs went off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

geeves posted:

What episode sparked this time travel/alternate dimensions thinking?
The first episode of this season. Angela was already in agreement with Whiterose being able to undo/reset the world. Then we saw Whiterose in that giant particle collider.

• Locked thread