Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s not bad at all, it’s a good game. You should definitely pick it up if the aesthetic interests you and a fun wacky boxer multiplayer game sounds fun.

no it's bad. especially for its price point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Only perverts like ARMS.

just wait till they release HANDS

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like ARMs but fighting games always feel overpriced

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

cheetah7071 posted:

I like ARMs but fighting games always feel overpriced

I suppose except for Smash.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I like ARMS but the problem with all fighting games is they just make me want to play Smash Bros instead

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

.TakaM posted:

I like ARMS but the problem with all fighting games is they just make me want to play Smash Bros instead

I’d probably enjoy playing as Spring Man more in Smash than in Arms.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

arms is bad. get pokken

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

widespread posted:

I'll do you one better: Mario and Sonic at the Races!

Winds up being this unholy hell of Forza-like upgrading and Dirt Rally-like difficulty.

Mario x Rabbids: Pod Racer

Real hurthling! posted:

arms is bad. get pokken

nah

E:

Dizz fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 16, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
please do not sexually harass or assault any citizens of the mushroom kingdom, even in other jurisdictions

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

just wait till they release HANDS

This is what I want!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
when's GLUTES

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ROCKET LEAGUE:

If you are an old player that hates having to get all your items back, do this:
Set up an offline game, 1v1, rookie opponent, 5 minute limit, 1 goal limit.

You'll get one item for every match and the loop takes a minute or two.
A guaranteed goal is boosting toward the ball in a direct line and then letting off the boost as you hit the inner circle.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
When the heck is Enter the Gungeon coming out? Did I miss it? I also wanna get Elliot Quest but I'm looking for something more bite-size in the mean time. Axiom Verge, too, eventually.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Pakistani politics posted:

When the heck is Enter the Gungeon coming out? Did I miss it? I also wanna get Elliot Quest but I'm looking for something more bite-size in the mean time. Axiom Verge, too, eventually.

KAMIKO is very bite-size, also very cheap, also very polished and fun.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Eh, I already have it. Finished with all 3 characters but no will to play beyond that. It was fun though.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Dizz posted:

Mario x Rabbids: Pod Racer

nah

E:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
ARMS is actually the only good fighting game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Raserys posted:

It's a shame arms is apparently bad, I love the aesthetic

It's good, but a bit content light WRT single player

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ragequit posted:

Moonlighter is apparently coming to the Switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1yrVPSvl1s

A few pages back but drat this looks cool as hell

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

ARMS is actually the only good fighting game.

I'll wait for the classic borat "not!"

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I bought a Switch and Mario Odyssey today.

Gotta say, the console doesn't seem like it locks into the dock too securely, but it seems to work fine so far. I get the impression that I'll have to periodically hook the JoyCon in so they can charge up, as it doesn't look like there's a way to connect it directly if you're playing in on the TV.

Mario Odyssey is pretty good from what I've played. I will say that I'm having a bit of skepticism at the moment, though, as I haven't seen anything else for the system that really grabs my interest or that I don't own on another system (ex. I know the new Doom is coming out soon, but I already have it on PC.) I wanted to play stuff like BOTW, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Golf Story, but apart from Shin Megami Tensei V, I don't know what other exclusives are coming out.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Max Wilco posted:

I bought a Switch and Mario Odyssey today.

Gotta say, the console doesn't seem like it locks into the dock too securely, but it seems to work fine so far. I get the impression that I'll have to periodically hook the JoyCon in so they can charge up, as it doesn't look like there's a way to connect it directly if you're playing in on the TV.

Mario Odyssey is pretty good from what I've played. I will say that I'm having a bit of skepticism at the moment, though, as I haven't seen anything else for the system that really grabs my interest or that I don't own on another system (ex. I know the new Doom is coming out soon, but I already have it on PC.) I wanted to play stuff like BOTW, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Golf Story, but apart from Shin Megami Tensei V, I don't know what other exclusives are coming out.

You'll be glad to know that the JoyCon battery lives are pretty long. You can pretty much go the whole day if you wanted to.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Max Wilco posted:

I wanted to play stuff like BOTW, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Golf Story, but apart from Shin Megami Tensei V, I don't know what other exclusives are coming out.

Kitchen table simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx_C9jJ0AlA

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You'll be glad to know that the JoyCon battery lives are pretty long. You can pretty much go the whole day if you wanted to.

I swear I plugged it in for the first time and then looked at the charge level for something and it said that it was already at 47%. I might just be accustomed to the PS4's controller, which loses its charge pretty quickly in comparison.

That looks cute. The Kirby game in the related videos looks interesting as well. I forgot that the system only came out in March, so there's probably a more games coming down the pipeline.

I'm hoping for another Mario Maker game, because I never tried the one for Wii U.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnF-OcNZqE

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Well so much for 500 moon speedruns being interesting.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Internet Kraken posted:

Well so much for 500 moon speedruns being interesting.

Still need 500 getting there, but now the ending is lame fart

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Pakistani politics posted:

Get Picross, the ultimate in bite sized.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Dizz posted:

Still need 500 getting there, but now the ending is lame fart

Seems like something Nintendo would patch out at least, or if not maybe the runners will do the right thing and just collectively go "gently caress that"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really don't see Nintendo patching out a skip in a single-player game you have to go out of your way to trigger. Its one of those things that is totally harmless to 99% of the playerbase and will actually please a portion of that 1%. Speedrunners are a motley bunch so its not like they would all want the glitch to be patched out anyways, even in a "challenge" run.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

I really want to like this but that music continues the Yoshi music trend of making me want to die.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mutant Standard posted:

I really want to like this but that music continues the Yoshi music trend of making me want to die.

That was like the cutest song in the world what is wrong with your heart

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mutant Standard posted:

"Oh sure I could tolerate the cutesy cardboard cutouts, but cutesy music is where I draw the line"

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
recorders are the devil's instrument

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

:love:Hail Satan:love:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Get this: there's a battery in the console

Yeah, when it goes dead I'll just pop in some fresh AAs.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

turnways posted:

Seems like something Nintendo would patch out at least, or if not maybe the runners will do the right thing and just collectively go "gently caress that"

Why in the world would speedrunners deliberately handicap themselves like that if there's no need to? I mean this would only be banned in a glitchless category run.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 16, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Why in the world would speedrunners deliberately handicap themselves like that if there's no need to? I mean this would only be banned in a glitchless category run.

Speedrunners make all kinds of restrictions for themselves all the time

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/nichegamer/status/930896316913389568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

should i play xenoblade chronicles and/or xenoblade chronicles x? i'm probably gonna get xenoblade chronicles 2 either way but are those other ones worth going back to?

• Locked thread