Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fuuuuuuck yeah!!

Save Mundo from GFW purgatory! Guess Richochet is done with LU as well. Bummer. I wonder what will happen with Penta as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

gently caress yes

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

This is a most pleasant surprise. Now what the gently caress do they do without Dario?
I would assume the guy who shot him takes over the Temple. Didn't he say something about "new leadership" anyway? It would be interesting to see what an uncontrolled Mantanza looks like, too.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Emma and Darren to LU, please.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Emma taking Sexy's spot as the top female babyface who's actually good at wrestling would be pretty dope

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Knew it, I had Zero Miedo of cancellation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Given Pentagon's issues with his name and such, we better still get LU Champion Pentagon Dark in season 4.

Still, season 4 is good news, especially if King Cuerno is back.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I love Johnny Mundo and Mil Muertes and King Cuerno a lot but if they could flush their AAA relationship to get back Penta, Fenix and Flamita and also not have any Vampiro stink on them going forward, I would consider that a real OK trade.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

There is a lot to this, but officially the next set of tapings are to be filmed early next year. The talk we've heard is March. For some talent, this is good news, but for the talent under contract that wants to sign with New Japan or WWE, this is not good news. This doesn't make a difference regarding either Ricochet or Rey Mysterio Jr., who are gone from the promotion and their contracts have expired. But it does regarding people like Penta 0M, Jeff Cobb or others.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought working New Japan was fine since it's not American TV. Ricochet did both for years and Cobb will be starting there soon.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I thought working New Japan was fine since it's not American TV. Ricochet did both for years and Cobb will be starting there soon.

Ricochet couldn't do the televised US G1 Special and was vocally pissed about it the next New Japan show

Considering in 2018 they're expanding further with US stuff, it's safe to expect that to be a bigger issue going forward

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I thought the whole point of them being masked was so they could do both

Like obviously that's not the case but it's lovely, is all

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

AAA was involved in this so of course a lot of the contracts are going to be on the terrible side for wrestlers.

I was hoping we'd get Cobb in the G1 but this probably makes it unlikely

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jackie D posted:

I thought the whole point of them being masked was so they could do both

Like obviously that's not the case but it's lovely, is all

the masks were a combination of "well maybe it'll tie in better with our metaplot" (Ricochet, Cobb) "we can keep remasking jobbers" (the disciples of death), "we need to change this because its loving ridiculous" (Mil), or "PLEASE DON'T SUE US" (Cuerno)

almost everyone else is wearing the mask they were already wearing

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

AAA was involved in this so of course a lot of the contracts are going to be on the terrible side for wrestlers.

I was hoping we'd get Cobb in the G1 but this probably makes it unlikely

How? G1 is only televised in Japan and on NJPW World. The G1 Special was a two-event show.

Anybody know if Ricochet matches ever showed up on AXXS TV coverage of NJPW?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

A few yes, his match with Hiromu aired a while back and his match with the Bucks was on a week or two ago

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

harperdc posted:

How? G1 is only televised in Japan and on NJPW World. The G1 Special was a two-event show.

Anybody know if Ricochet matches ever showed up on AXXS TV coverage of NJPW?

never underestimate the power of a wrestling promotion to be petty, especially when it involves wrestling in a promotion directly affiliated with their #1 rivals

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
for gently caress's sake LU/AAA waged a proxy war over a loving referee

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZuxM7EdT8

Eric Van Wagener talks about the finer details behind Lucha Underground.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave did a big story about the season 4 news this week. TL;DR

Belief is tapings are March through May, with hope of it airing starting in May
New deal provides budget for at least 2 more seasons after this (2019/20)
Most talent found out when we did online
A lot of talent aren't happy due to their contract status
It's possible some take the contracts to court because they haven't been paid since summer 2016 and won't be until next spring now

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

One person close to the situation described it to me as being told you’ve been drafted to go to war. You don’t want to go, but you really don’t have a choice and just hope the tour of duty is short.

Lucha Underground has officially become M*A*S*H.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

Lucha Underground has officially become M*A*S*H.

In a shock move, Alan Alda replaces Dario as the new Head of the Temple.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Pentagon's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There was cero miedo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:discourse:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The contracts have changed to be much more lenient when it comes to televised appearances for other promotions.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Mob posted:

The contracts have changed to be much more lenient when it comes to televised appearances for other promotions.

I'm hoping this works to alleviate the negativity some people feel towards working for Lucha Underground.

Something I found interesting that is probably nothing, but might be something is that Eric Van Wagenen described Pentagon as a "pissed off alien skeleton."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jerusalem posted:

In a shock move, Alan Alda replaces Dario as the new Head of the Temple.

*sob* "Oh my God! It wasn't a chicken! He killed Mr. Cisco! I didn't want him to-- I just wanted him to be quiet!"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mob posted:

Is this because they can appear on TNA or...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I mean I'll double check but Dave said that while LU can now show up on TNA they're getting the screw when it comes to ROH and NJPW for tv and dates since LU is pulling the right to first date poo poo that WWE does.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

In the podcast linked above, Eric Van Wagenen states talent will be allowed to appear for ROH, New Japan, Impact, and NOAH, and probably any other non-WWE company.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Takuan posted:

In the podcast linked above, Eric Van Wagenen states talent will be allowed to appear for ROH, New Japan, Impact, and NOAH, and probably any other non-WWE company.

Do you happen to have a timestamp, I'll try to listen to it later but it's a 2 hour podcast.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The discussion starts at 12:25 and goes for about 5 minutes after that.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
I'm very glad my favourite show is coming back but also feel bad for talent who thought they were finally free lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Takuan posted:

The discussion starts at 12:25 and goes for about 5 minutes after that.

listening to it, I'm gonna lean towards Dave on this one. Eric is leaving all talent decisions to Dorian...so while I'm sure they might be a bit more free to do some stuff as long as it isn't on TV, I don't think they're going to be doing any regular TV that isn't TNA.

Also I just realized that the taping schedule might hit Wrestlemania which might mean that AAA is going to get a cut on all those bookings.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i trust cubsfan more than dave on this and he's saying the exemption is real

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

also w/r/t a cut of the bookings a thing a lot of guys do is take one booking in an area that's cleared through all the proper channels, and just not tell aaa they're working more shows as well

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As long as My Brother The Monster Jeff Cobb gets to suplex fools to his heart's content in New Japan then whatever

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

i trust cubsfan more than dave on this and he's saying the exemption is real

Cubs is basing it off of the Eric interview which goes "Yeah they'll be able to do more like ROH...but Dorian is taking care of that". TNA and NOAH has an existing relationship with AAA/LU so those aren't surprising. ROH and NJPW have talent exchange agreements with CMLL and well they just don't have the same with AAA. I don't think Dorian would send talent to TV that could bolster CMLL.

I mean, they might go to ROH if it isn't doing a TV taping like with what Joey Ryan is getting this weekend. I don't see them coming on Final Battle or the post-FB tapings.

I also dont see them going to Arolucha because that's a Konnan thing.

Benne posted:

As long as My Brother The Monster Jeff Cobb gets to suplex fools to his heart's content in New Japan then whatever

it's hard to say. if they're taping March through May, he's not doing New Japan Cup or Sakura/Dominion/Dontaku. Maybe he gets to do G1, but he isn't a regular or signed with them so I dunno how many wins they'll give him.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Benne posted:

Same, but Sami Callihan joining Suzuki-gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Same, but Sami Callihan joining Suzuki-gun.

This would own actually.

• Locked thread