Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
What a load of wank :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Yassssssssss Elisabeth! Next week for sure then.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Load of shite.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I fuckin love Michaela I think she's great and I want her to win

Anisa is rubbish but she seems really nice and I'd hang out with her

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'm really surprised that Sajan went instead of James. That felt totally out of nowhere to me.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
watching it now, usually love the advertising tasks and this is delightful from the village to the usual lovely graphic design to "Expando". How are any of these people gainfully employed?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lmao that expando tv ad

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
At the end, they put a call out for competitors for the next series.

Who in their right minds would watch that episode and think that they are going to come out of it anything other than a laughing stock? Are there people that unironically watch it and think 'yes, that would be great for my career'.
I can only think of 3 people that have gone on to do something notable, Sairah (sic??) Kahn, Ruth Badger and Tom Pellereau. There is no glory in the show.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Rondette posted:

Who in their right minds would watch that episode and think that they are going to come out of it anything other than a laughing stock? Are there people that unironically watch it and think 'yes, that would be great for my career'.
I can only think of 3 people that have gone on to do something notable, Sairah (sic??) Kahn, Ruth Badger and Tom Pellereau. There is no glory in the show.

Well, Hopkins.

And Stuart Baggs but only because he died. :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Are the candidates paid to be on the show at all? I'd hope they get something if they literally can't earn an income for their families while wasting their time on it (obviously some have other businesses or income streams but not all).

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No way in hell someone making 200k/yr is selling HALF their equity for 250k ffs. What world do these morons live in.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

eating only apples posted:

Well, Hopkins.

And Stuart Baggs but only because he died. :(

poo poo how did I forget HER :facepalm:

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I'm confused. I thought the car was Spandau as in Spandau Ballet but then it was called Expando? Did I miss some hilarious mishearing fuckup or did they actually think Expando was in any way a suitable car name?

HappyCamperGL fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 16, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Even just 'Expand' would've been a bit less poo poo. Or Expanse like the space thing.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

eating only apples posted:

I fuckin love Michaela I think she's great and I want her to win

Anisa is rubbish but she seems really nice and I'd hang out with her

According to the gutter press Michaela is £100k in the hole after a failed business venture.

Regarding post show success Louisa Zuissman carved out a career as a glamour girl or whatever they’re called these days. Beats stacking shelves I guess?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rondette posted:

I’d imagine the people who would apply after watching that farce would be perfect candidates for the show.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

According to the gutter press Michaela is £100k in the hole after a failed business venture.

Regarding post show success Louisa Zuissman carved out a career as a glamour girl or whatever they’re called these days. Beats stacking shelves I guess?

There was that woman that presented 5 Live too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bape Culture posted:

No way in hell someone making 200k/yr is selling HALF their equity for 250k ffs. What world do these morons live in.

The same clownshoes world in which anyone considers Alan "Email will never catch on" "The iPod will never take off" Sugar a business guru.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The same clownshoes world in which anyone considers Alan "Email will never catch on" "The iPod will never take off" Sugar a business guru.

He pushed a poo poo email phone that let him charge 10p a message for years after everyone had free email, if anything email caught on too quick for him.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I enjoy watching this show, but more than ever it feels completely detached from reality. It feels like they're purposefully keeping the sub teams isolated for no reason but added comedy.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.

graventy posted:

I enjoy watching this show, but more than ever it feels completely detached from reality. It feels like they're purposefully keeping the sub teams isolated for no reason but added comedy.

The growing sense that the teams have a very limited list of things they can do, and ways to do it, gets worse every year.
I'm pretty sure at this point the teams don't get to choose much of what they do in creative tasks and have a few themes to chose from. More tasks would have teams doing the same things otherwise, and Karen saying "they chose the Family theme" from last week was pretty jarring.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khablam posted:

The growing sense that the teams have a very limited list of things they can do, and ways to do it, gets worse every year.
I'm pretty sure at this point the teams don't get to choose much of what they do in creative tasks and have a few themes to chose from. More tasks would have teams doing the same things otherwise, and Karen saying "they chose the Family theme" from last week was pretty jarring.

Also they were probably given like, three locations to choose from and one was listed as 'quaint, picturesque Norman village' and then they were forced to film there after picking it. Like, they could so easily have said 'lets just drive down the road to literally any town in the UK' but instead the 'chose to make the best of what they had'.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rondette posted:

People who just want to be famous would be my guess! Like Louisa was.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Elizabeth and Joanna in a subteam together.

*prechecks "I am shouting at my television" on bingo card*

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
I would not leave my dog in the hands of these cretins. Can't believe anyone would.

e: ^it's like I forgot the show is staged as gently caress. Anyone letting their dog use the "spa" has probably had to sign a contract or something.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Why did Andrew swear?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

crispix posted:

Why did Andrew swear?

I think the editors had a stroke.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
The dog poo thing is going to be a loving disaster, isn't it?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.
I wonder how long the series is filmed over really; Jade has grown 2/3 an inch of dark roots.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

nomapple posted:

The dog poo thing is going to be a loving disaster, isn't it?

Yep. People are going to drown in dog poo poo :shittydog:

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
"no photography experience"
"£475 for 2 hours"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
"I've never taken any pictures, buuuut you could pay me £250 to do it"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Lol fat lads really shouldn't wear polo shirts

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Those yellow shirts are horrendous.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
Dog toy or sex toy?
Apparently not an easy game.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
"no we didnt quote for geese poo poo"

dumbasses

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pretty cheeky asking them to pick up all the bird poo poo in a field covered in birds.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
loving charles with the :biotruths:

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

lmao sly from that manager of the country house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Elizabeth making an ethical, pro consumer move. She's gone.

• Locked thread