Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Real hurthling! posted:

Boring gohan costume given the choices they had but oh well.

Hope he gets saiyaman, tracksuit, and orange star hs alts

guessing they chose that costume because it's just a goku headswap with some alterations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wish the other Buu had been his slim grown form but ah well, good stuff that Gotenks/ Gohan Deluxe is in. Need Radditz now.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
You know i really could have done without a dozen loving repeat characters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No bulma sucks!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Yeah the Well Buu and Adult Gohan have entirely different gimmicks from Fat Buu and Kid gohan so they're basically new character and SSB Goku and Geets have new normals and specials so that's also fine.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
yeah but arent there like 8 gokus with different color hair or skin or something stupid?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

guessing they chose that costume because it's just a goku headswap with some alterations

They chose that because it's the most iconic look for Gohan in the Buu Saga as it was his only significant fight in that entire story.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Lol, you picked the wrong series for that

DLC Inc posted:

wish the other Buu had been his slim grown form but ah well, good stuff that Gotenks/ Gohan Deluxe is in. Need Radditz now.

I'm assuming Super Buu will be DLC, which is disappointing because he's my favorite villain in DBZ

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the only buu I care about is dia

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Parachute posted:

yeah but arent there like 8 gokus with different color hair or skin or something stupid?

Those are color palettes.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

there's at least 2 vegetas and 2 gokus and zero mr satans my point stands

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Parachute posted:

there's at least 2 vegetas and 2 gokus and zero mr satans my point stands

blue gokus cost like an extra dollar to make, thats why 3 characters in the game are just outright palette swaps w/ new moves and a few more are bodyswaps

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

IIRC so far they've been careful not to use "official" hair color variants for palettes, indeed so they have room to get blue goku and vegeta and whatever other rainbow variant exists as separate characters.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
hoping this game has digital figure mode from xrd ..

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

blue gokus cost like an extra dollar to make, thats why 3 characters in the game are just outright palette swaps w/ new moves and a few more are bodyswaps

and people still doubt this is the true marvel successor

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Fantasy strike seems to be getting better, they just added Great Value Brand Faust complete with some netcode improvements, the online is actually playable for me now. Still looks like garbage visually but it plays alright.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c9n40tCxAo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dhamster posted:

Fantasy strike seems to be getting better, they just added Great Value Brand Faust complete with some netcode improvements, the online is actually playable for me now. Still looks like garbage visually but it plays alright.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c9n40tCxAo

I like that they start out with "Lum is hard to describe" but i can do a pretty good job: Its just faust

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I like that they start out with "Lum is hard to describe" but i can do a pretty good job: Its just faust

More Teddy than Faust, really. At least I think Lum bears more of a resemblance to Teddy.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Hey now, he also has Blanka ball and the dumbass melon super

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Every now and then Sirlin makes something good but it's kind of amazing that he's only been sued once (I think) given that his entire game design plan is based around blatantly stealing parts of other games and modifying them slightly to fit his framework and/or frankensteining them with other components.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dias posted:

More Teddy than Faust, really. At least I think Lum bears more of a resemblance to Teddy.

Yeah the guy who has items completely identical to Faust's donut/chocolate/hammer/bomb/meteors/mini Faust/mini Pot is definitely based on Teddy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah the guy who has items completely identical to Faust's donut/chocolate/hammer/bomb/meteors/mini Faust/mini Pot is definitely based on Teddy

Well, his range is more akin to Teddy, the trampoline thing reminds me of his stupid crossup bullshit but mostly it was the bear joke.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
when's the bloody roar dlc?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's funny that Arcsys didn't even shamelessly rip off their own character with Teddy and gave him new unique items and changed the mechanics around so that they're in a set order instead of random and Sirlin can't come up with one singular loving original idea in an entire fighting game.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It's funny that Arcsys didn't even shamelessly rip off their own character with Teddy and gave him new unique items and changed the mechanics around so that they're in a set order instead of random and Sirlin can't come up with one singular loving original idea in an entire fighting game.

:goonsay: but what about the yomi counter

Serious though, dice super seems unusual and cool. And even the most basic iteration of item toss seems like it will have different implications in a ground-footsie game than it does in an airdasher.

I mean, yeah it's not breaking any stunning new ground. But the game is supposed to be super stripped down, back to basics poo poo. Bold ideas (beyond those implemented for simplicity and ease of use) seem kinda antithetical to the design goals?

Anyway considering we've had Ryu/Rachel, Guile/Dio, Slayer/Q-Bee, and Faust/Blanka, I wonder who he's going to splice with Aulbath to make the game's 10th character, Argagarg.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Marvel balance patch incoming

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
they upped the difficulty for dante lmaooooooooo

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Battle for the Stones was going to be an absolute poo poo show already, but with these adjustments on top of it?

Oh man I am not going to miss this for the world.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What are the :psyduck: changes?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Looks like they nerfed a lot of the dumb poo poo like rose garden, dante, ultron and buffed a lot of the weaker stuff like chris magnum.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

CRISPYBABY posted:

Every now and then Sirlin makes something good but it's kind of amazing that he's only been sued once (I think) given that his entire game design plan is based around blatantly stealing parts of other games and modifying them slightly to fit his framework and/or frankensteining them with other components.

Sounds like hes keeping classic arcade style game development alive

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why can't fighting games' greatest intellect attract decent character designers?

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

In Training posted:

No bulma sucks!
Probably won't happen at all unless they already recorded her lines. The voice actress died just a few hours ago. :(

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-16/voice-actress-hiromi-tsuru-passes-away-at-57/.124141

Barudak
May 7, 2007

leather fedora posted:

Probably won't happen at all unless they already recorded her lines. The voice actress died just a few hours ago. :(

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-16/voice-actress-hiromi-tsuru-passes-away-at-57/.124141

Well that's the end of Bulma ever appearing in Dragon Ball

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Uhh...Yomi Counter? :rolleyes:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
yomi counter his game by doing nothing

as in, not playing it

hah, good one

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

In video games, she is most well known for the voice of Naomi Hunter in the Metal Gear Solid series, Julia Chang in the Tekken series, and Anne in Bravely Second: End Layer.

legit sad about this.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Uhh...Yomi Counter? :rolleyes:

the genius fighting game designer david sirlin, hater of option selects, designs most option selectable mechanic in the history of fighting games

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Barudak posted:

Well that's the end of Bulma ever appearing in Dragon Ball

They replaced Roshi's VA after he died

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

They replaced Roshi's VA after he died
I don't think it's a common thing, though. I know they're still recycling Igor's Persona 3 & 4 dialogue and leaving any "new" dialogue silent and undubbed in the JP versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
They replaced Zato's VA when the original one passed away.