Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I.N.R.I posted:

if you dont wanna hear the answer dont ask the question. Im just saying there was a boomerang in the bag that he was holding

I normally carry my boomerang in my teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gold Sexy Body posted:

That's true but even so, Tate in the main event of the biggest show in history is still very funny

Miesha Tate was bad and boring but she was well-known and semi-popular from being less crazy than Ronda, so it wasn’t too crazy

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Miesha Tate was bad and boring but she was well-known and semi-popular from being less crazy than Ronda, so it wasn’t too crazy

It kind of was still.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
tate earned a fortune from her later ufc fights. so she was popular, people watched her. i think theres more interesting fighters to watch fight personally but she had plenty of fans

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I.N.R.I posted:

khabib probably. do they do that, like, put a regular fight over a title fight

yes. rarely. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_196#Results

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Whos the rereg who blasted down from space to let us know that Cris "Cyborg" Cyborg is actually bad.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

As far as I can tell, that's the only time a non-title fight has mained over a title fight.

Before UFC 196 you have to go back to UFC 183 for a non-title main event on a PPV, and the co-main wasn't a title match. Before that, you had to go back to 161 before the main wasn't a title match, and the co-main still wasn't a title match. I seriously don't think they've ever done it except for 196.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Whos the rereg who blasted down from space to let us know that Cris "Cyborg" Cyborg is actually bad.

Cris Cyborg is good, obviously, but that fight is just a joke.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I think UFC is still waiting on Nate to sign to have that fight headline 219

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Lloyd Boner posted:

I think UFC is still waiting on Nate to sign to have that fight headline 219

Now we're talking, that would rule a lot.

Got a feel he's not fighting unless it's A. against McG and B. For seven million dollars.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Tyron Woodley said he’s signed the contract to fight Nate and is just waiting for word that Nate has signed.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Le Saboteur posted:

Tyron Woodley said he’s signed the contract to fight Nate and is just waiting for word that Nate has signed.

On the one hand, Nate Diaz rules and has good fights.

On the other, Tyron Woodley.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

There have been 79 posts made by Gold Sexy Body, an average of 79 posts per day, since registering on Nov 16, 2017.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

handsome only face posted:

There have been 79 posts made by Gold Sexy Body, an average of 79 posts per day, since registering on Nov 16, 2017.

Wow posting, on a website, i'm never living this down.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Work Friend Keven posted:

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Cyborg is good. This fight is not. It's really not that hard.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's To Be Announced vs. To Be Determined.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC-219

drat He Looks Like The Generic Create A Fighter

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Keep my ppd in the three figgies

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
that's a lot of posts

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

poo poo posts*

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I think Holy Hom v Cyborg is fine because neither one is relevant and some people heard of both of them

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Also probably we get to see some zooms in to look at their big junk

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
usman vs meek sounds good. theyre both striking prospects

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

handsome only face posted:

Tons of volume thrown with nothing landing, unrelenting confidence that people care, general confusion.

Welcome, Leonard Garcia, to our dying forums.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

That fight might be getting cancelled because Meek may not get his visa in time

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Tons of volume thrown with nothing landing, unrelenting confidence that people care, general confusion.

Welcome, Leonard Garcia, to our dying forums.

A+ post

In actual discussion, I refuse to believe that anyone is excited about Holly Holm vs Cris Cyborg at featherweight.

The only thing that would be exciting or funny would be Holly Holm winning, and honestly? that doesn't help anyone right now.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Gold Sexy Body posted:

A+ post

In actual discussion, I refuse to believe that anyone is excited about Holly Holm vs Cris Cyborg at featherweight.

The only thing that would be exciting or funny would be Holly Holm winning, and honestly? that doesn't help anyone right now.

nothing cyborg could ever do could ever matter at all because shes not in a real weightclass and has never had a legit fight in mma

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

I.N.R.I posted:

Meek has been posting on social media that he might not get his visa in time which would scrap that fight, hopefully it clears up by then though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Brown Paper Bag posted:

That fight might be getting cancelled because Meek may not get his visa in time

he should be more assertive about it

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

No one cares about the WMMA CyborgWeight belt.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Bundt Cake posted:

nothing cyborg could ever do could ever matter at all because shes not in a real weightclass and has never had a legit fight in mma

the only fight that would have meant anything and the whole reason they signed Cyborg in the first place would have been Ronda and lol, that's not happening now unless Ronda actually is depressed and wants to die in the ring finally like Mark Hunt.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Cris Cyborg is good, obviously, but that fight is just a joke.

i dont think its a joke because its going to actually happen.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Holm/Cyborg is clitorally the most interesting fight on the card.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

El Roncho posted:

Holm/Cyborg is clitorally the most interesting fight on the card.

ok lol

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

woozy pawsies posted:

i dont think its a joke because its going to actually happen.

And it's a joke that it's happening.

Didn't Cyborg pop a huge number on her fight night headliner? If so, there's your answer I guess.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its good to see cyborg finally get into a fight with someone that has a good resume. though probably the fight itself wont be very good

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I like Holm but her brief relevance as a fighter due to actually being a pro fighter is over so let her make some money, who cares

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Bundt Cake posted:

I like Holm but her brief relevance as a fighter due to actually being a pro fighter is over so let her make some money, who cares

People who want to see good fights I guess.

What are you her accountant

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

its good to see cyborg finally get into a fight with someone that has a good resume. though probably the fight itself wont be very good

itd be cool if holmes can punch cyborg from the outside imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Gold Sexy Body posted:

People who want to see good fights I guess.

What are you her accountant

imo most of hollys fights are bad but I like what she did in coming in and beating ronda, but cyborg is one of the worst fighters ive ever been subjected to. Her fights are awful, and usually the circumstances are suspect.

• Locked thread