Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

What if I have three kids and don't want to spend $20 on a pair of socks especially with Christmas coming up

Perma-ban because you haven't eaten the pie yet.

They have them at the team store...for $30, I bought them. I have zero kids but a pregnant wife, please assess my financial choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’m not what you call a ‘socks’ guy.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

What if I have three kids and don't want to spend $20 on a pair of socks especially with Christmas coming up

Sell a kid? Pretty sure they go for more than $20 so you'll have some extra Christmas money as well!

I'm fairly certain those are the same brand as my Texans socks I got last Christmas and they are insanely comfortable, if a tad hot for Houston.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Done. Xmas presents for sure

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

b0ng posted:

I would like a Morton one if it’s not too much. I loved your super Mario drawing

Done!

Next one probably the weekend after Thanksgiving

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

Done!

These have all been sweet. I hope my McCullers request is up next! Preferably the pose after a strikeout. Or something with curveballs??

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Seems fitting that the Dodgers are the team that got no-hit by Fiers

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Done!

You are a loving wonderful person.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This thread is looking more and more awesome with every avatar.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Everyone who's posted in this thread should have increasingly more tangential player avatars. An A.J. Reed avatar for Blind Pineapple! A Tyler Clippard avatar for RussianBear! A Corbin Martin avatar for Pancakes!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shocked there's been no request for Reddick in a Ric Flair robe despite his poor showing in the ALCS and WS

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

Shocked there's been no request for Reddick in a Ric Flair robe despite his poor showing in the ALCS and WS

I’m almost certain someone did

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I just ordered my dad a WS champs Altuve jersey for Christmas because I'm a good son

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m almost certain someone did

Went back and looked and yeah Kirios asked for it if someone else had already claimed Altuve, but he ended up with Altuve

e: Every now and then I just stop and think "Holy crap the Astros won the World Series" and it's pretty great

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 21, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It felt like Bregman beasted in the playoffs but now that I look at his actual numbers he hit pretty poorly really. .208/.256/.417

He picked his moments though!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
He was a defensive monster consistently throughout the playoffs too.

I just got done watching the premiere of the MLB World Series documentary at UH. It was cool, you should buy it.

A.J. Hinch, Jeff Bagwell and the trophy were there. The movie was cool and the Astros are world series champs.

Trade the entire farm for Stanton and let's do this thing like the big red machine or the 90s Yankees

Edit: Also learned Altuve also fell down the dugout stairs into the clubhouse in his excitement after Game 5 and bruised himself up pretty bad. Altuve owns.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 22, 2017

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

He was a defensive monster consistently throughout the playoffs too.

I just got done watching the premiere of the MLB World Series documentary at UH. It was cool, you should buy it.

A.J. Hinch, Jeff Bagwell and the trophy were there. The movie was cool and the Astros are world series champs.

Trade the entire farm for Stanton and let's do this thing like the big red machine or the 90s Yankees

Edit: Also learned Altuve also fell down the dugout stairs into the clubhouse in his excitement after Game 5 and bruised himself up pretty bad. Altuve owns.

I know Stanton is a very long shot but I wonder if there was ever a time a team had both MVPs from the previous season?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wow, the Astros outrighted Centeno, did not see that coming

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

Wow, the Astros outrighted Centeno, did not see that coming

Tough decisions, I guess. There's no way he doesn't get claimed

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Intruder posted:

I did, and I’m waiting patiently.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Looks like Gattis is going to be the full time DH next season. Throw those Stanton plans out the window!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Astros will never have an above average DH it seems

Gattis is a good hitter for a catcher, for a DH he's eh. His career high OPS is .826

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Is this the best blu-ray that covers the Astros 2017 season? I'm compiling my Christmas list.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/2017-w...t=ref:212,loc:2

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Rangers claimed Centeno off waivers. I wonder if those Lucroy rumors hold any water. Gattis DH, McCann/Lucroy catching, Stassi filling in for injuries/days off.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Got my Stros hoodie and T Shirt in :D

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MrMidnight posted:

oops just saw that. Hmmm....McCullers then.

DONE!

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Pretty fuckin’ good

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

You're the man! Thanks a million.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

curried lamb of God posted:

I'm Venezuelan and Altuve was already taken, so I have to go for Marwin

DONE!

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
requesting avatar of Tal's Hill or the train or Beltran's glove

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

hell yeah, thanks man!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'll take McCann if no one else has. Otherwise, gimme Brad Peacock.

I also feel like I don't deserve to take your money after being such a turd yesterday, so you pick the av and I'll pay for it, or you pick your own av and I'll pay for that one.

DONE!

You may use this as your avatar on the condition that the text that goes with it says "MENTALLY DEFEATED" :)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

TheChirurgeon posted:

DONE!

You may use this as your avatar on the condition that the text that goes with it says "MENTALLY DEFEATED" :)

HECK YES

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

ComposerGuy posted:

Can I get Bregman?

Yes you can! DONE!

e: OK, as far as I can tell that wraps up the legit requests, or the ones that are coherent. Thus begins ROUND 2!

Sab0921, you've got first pick, though iirc you wanted Reddick as Flair, right? Please confirm.

After that, I'll take another few requests. Players only though (sorry, candide--no gloves or hills)

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 28, 2017

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yes you can! DONE!

e: OK, as far as I can tell that wraps up the legit requests, or the ones that are coherent. Thus begins ROUND 2!

Sab0921, you've got first pick, though iirc you wanted Reddick as Flair, right? Please confirm.

After that, I'll take another few requests. Players only though (sorry, candide--no gloves or hills)

I wanted Peacock, if he's still available, sorry if it wasn't clear:

Wax Dynasty posted:

I still really can't believe this is real. I've been watching the Astros for almost 40 years and I've seen them through a lot of lean times. Even though I was happy with the Rockets' wins in 94 and 95, this is so much better.

As for av's, I'll take Peacock because I don't think anyone else took McCann. As a backup, I'll take the Ghost of Mike Scott's Comb-over Mullet.

It would be extra awesome to somehow show him as long suffering, being one of like three players remaining from the 2012 team.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Wax Dynasty posted:

I wanted Peacock, if he's still available, sorry if it wasn't clear:

It would be extra awesome to somehow show him as long suffering, being one of like three players remaining from the 2012 team.

Ah, missed that. I'll see what I can do about the suffering

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Has anyone received their Sports Illustrated re-print of the 2014 issue? I just got charged for it.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yes you can! DONE!

I'll take Reddick as Ric Flair. wooooooooooooooooooooo

I first wanted Morton, then McCann - but I guess they were already gone. I regret nothing since I was late to the game because partying on Main St after the win!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Edward Mass posted:

Has anyone received their Sports Illustrated re-print of the 2014 issue? I just got charged for it.

Nope, and I haven’t received my order from the Chronicle either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nope, and I haven’t received my order from the Chronicle either.

I didn't get the full re-print, but I ordered the Springer autographed cover photo from mlb.com and that came already.

• Locked thread