Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
are any of the infested zaw parts actually good for anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

do you want innate viral damage on a zaw?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

are any of the infested zaw parts actually good for anything?

The rapier strike can be used to build a 36% crit rapier.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

DoombatINC posted:

This actually stands to reason, especially if you take the "win but don't win impressively" mission from the Nidus quest as DE (in their very DE way) training the player to hold back in the Index. In the canon it makes sense, too - they'd want to penalize the Tenno team by making the matches go longer since their citizens would probably be less likely to wager big on the Corpus team having a comeback if there's no time on the clock to pull it off.

Edit: it still doesn't entirely make sense because the Corpus team erodes the clock with their successes but eeehhhh I've already thought too much about this

Nah, it's relic from a partial redesign. When Index went live it was one instance in which every player bet either short, medium, or long seperately. So the added time made sense since you needed to keep adding to the timer to keep scoring. The rigged game aspect came from the fact once you met your bet it was in your best interest to throw. They changed it because it led to player conflict and friction and wasn't 'fun' since you didn't win collectively more if someone went over your bet, but would lose if your team went under it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

God drat it baro. Why'd you have to have something significant in while I'm no where near a PC I can use...

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I just noticed baro's selling relics. For new players: these particular relics are giving both Lex and Aklex Prime blueprints/parts as rewards. Buy all of them! The Lex Prime is an amazing sidearm and the Aklex Prime is two of them!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Someone posted the new Hunter mods on reddit:

That sixth one seems... absurdly good? You don't even need status chance or slash damage to build a slash-proc weapon now. I hope it works on non-physical weapons like Amprex because that sounds hilarious. The doggy crit-link one would be pretty funny with that too.

followup:

Yes, Amprex slashcrits. Yes, it's incredible. When do we get Amprex Vandal or Wraith or Prime or Prisma or Umbra or something?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

And nobody will use the set because like hell does anyone have room for it with having to stick in Vacuum and an attack Precept.

Heck, don't you need multiple attack mods on the dogs and cats to make their attack worth a drat?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
So apart from building a speed dagger purely for Covert Lethality i have no idea about zaws.

I'm guessing there's no way to see the actual stats of before you shell out for the parts? I want to build a polearm zaw with the infested rapier tip because i thing it would look cool. Do i use the infested handle? The description seem like they would cancel each other out but would i get more viral that way? And what weight do i put on? Status and speed to get more viral procs?

Night10194 posted:

The rapier strike can be used to build a 36% crit rapier.
This also sound good. Just slam together everything that mentions crits?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Tallgeese posted:

And nobody will use the set because like hell does anyone have room for it with having to stick in Vacuum and an attack Precept.

Heck, don't you need multiple attack mods on the dogs and cats to make their attack worth a drat?

All of it? Probably not.

But hey like 25% bonus damage from even just munitions.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

Are the Primed Mods tradable?

I'm two short mastery wise to get there and wondered if trying to buy them from someone for plat would work.

The ones you buy from Baro are tradeable.

The ones you get from logins-Primed Fury, Primed Vigor, Primed Shred-are not.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bistromatic posted:

So apart from building a speed dagger purely for Covert Lethality i have no idea about zaws.

I'm guessing there's no way to see the actual stats of before you shell out for the parts? I want to build a polearm zaw with the infested rapier tip because i thing it would look cool. Do i use the infested handle? The description seem like they would cancel each other out but would i get more viral that way? And what weight do i put on? Status and speed to get more viral procs?

The infested handles are super boring and just minor stat variations on the pre-existing handles.

The infested strikes come with built-in viral damage though, which is nice in general and also great for condition overload. Rapier, staff, and polearm zaws already existed, but combining the new infested scythe head with a short handle will make the first possible scythe zaw.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 18, 2017

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Bistromatic posted:

I ran into https://semlar.com/zawcalc/ the other day. The site also has some riven and fishing stuff.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

And Tyler Too! posted:

I just noticed baro's selling relics. For new players: these particular relics are giving both Lex and Aklex Prime blueprints/parts as rewards. Buy all of them! The Lex Prime is an amazing sidearm and the Aklex Prime is two of them!

Also for new players: the last item on Baro's list is Sands of Inaros, which unlocks the quest for a very good frame. It's always there, but there's no other way to start the quest so may as well grab it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Coolness Averted posted:

Nah, it's relic from a partial redesign. When Index went live it was one instance in which every player bet either short, medium, or long seperately. So the added time made sense since you needed to keep adding to the timer to keep scoring. The rigged game aspect came from the fact once you met your bet it was in your best interest to throw. They changed it because it led to player conflict and friction and wasn't 'fun' since you didn't win collectively more if someone went over your bet, but would lose if your team went under it.

It's this. Also, if you ran the Index for an hour, there's an easter egg where a meme character would show up that you can kill and you'd get a signed poster from him. They probably designed it so there might be more rewards the longer you run like all the other endless missions. But the Index game mode was so poorly received so they probably just ditched any future plan for it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tallgeese posted:

You can only put them in pets not sentinels, because DE forgot what companions meant.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Aquila posted:

Also for new players: the last item on Baro's list is Sands of Inaros, which unlocks the quest for a very good frame. It's always there, but there's no other way to start the quest so may as well grab it.

Ok. I'm a newbie who is MR5. Do I need to grind up to MR8 to talk to trader guy, or is that just to reach where he is?

I suppose to earn enough of his currency to buy his things I would just be grinding rifts and selling the prime parts?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'm playing Inaros for the first time in a while and man is he fun. Armoured Agility is amazing on him.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

RossCo posted:

Ok. I'm a newbie who is MR5. Do I need to grind up to MR8 to talk to trader guy, or is that just to reach where he is?

I suppose to earn enough of his currency to buy his things I would just be grinding rifts and selling the prime parts?

people can still taxi you to the relay I think.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

Nalesh posted:

people can still taxi you to the relay I think.

Time to farm rifts until my eyes bleed then. HUZZAH!

EDIT: Apparently I still need the mastery rank if I want to access the relay, even with a taxi.

HUZZAH is hereby revoked.

RossCo fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 18, 2017

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Far be it from me to discourage prime part farming, but at <MR8 I suspect you're gonna be sitting on his mods for a long time before they're worth the cost to upgrade them past their nonprime counterparts.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

Such discouragement is entirely welcome. One of the problems (if it is one) of this game is there are so many shiny things to chase after at once that it is hard to prioritise.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Tonight I was trying to solo the Lephantis sortie. It was going well, albeit slowly because I was using my Ferrox for ammo efficiency. Midway through the underground phase, suddenly a "MISSION FAILURE IMMINENT. ELIMINATE REMAINING TARGETS" message popped up with a one minute timer. It ticked down and I failed the mission.

I tried again, this time with Vectis Prime and some ammo pizzas. Lephantis's last head was nearly dead when the message popped up again. I killed him, but the timer didn't stop ticking, so I legged it towards extraction and made it with only ~15 seconds to spare (which is good, cause failing at that point probably would've ended with me throwing some stuff IRL).

Does anyone know what causes this timer to appear and what I can do to avoid it?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

RossCo posted:

Time to farm rifts until my eyes bleed then. HUZZAH!

EDIT: Apparently I still need the mastery rank if I want to access the relay, even with a taxi.

HUZZAH is hereby revoked.

Best bet is to get someone in the clan to get you one then, it's gonna be a million credits but only way I can see.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

RossCo posted:

Such discouragement is entirely welcome. One of the problems (if it is one) of this game is there are so many shiny things to chase after at once that it is hard to prioritise.

Baro, and primed mods especially are late game resource sinks. They are totally unnecessary to for a normal player. But they make numbers bigger, and that's like catnip for the Warframe 1%

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

prime mods are entirely excess and are not required in any scenario whatsoever

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

:qq: I'm bad and can't beat the test to get to MR8

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

It seems pretty easy? Especially post parkour 2.0

Use Zephyr if you have it I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD1dOU5Yi3Q

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Johnny Joestar posted:

prime mods are entirely excess and are not required in any scenario whatsoever

But primed regen could make my helios reasonably likely to actually last a whole level even in sorties.
Losing vacuum halfway through is just painful.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

I failed an MR test because I had color correction on and my screen was just white. I couldn't even see anything at all.

Go to Simaris in a relay and practice the test.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But primed regen could make my helios reasonably likely to actually last a whole level even in sorties.
I don't understand the appeal of primed vs non-primed. It resurrects either way.

Edit: Oh. The primed one can resurrect more. I need ducats and I don't really want to pay 3plat/45 ducats 20+ times.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 18, 2017

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I also need enormous amounts of ducats :negative:.
I already got fever strike but if I want to get primed regen, primed bane of grineer, the detron, and that cool cape I need 1525 more ducats oh god. I guess I'll probably just get regen and be done with it. Or wait for an excavation fissure.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I really, really wish they'd put something in the UI to tell you which relics/prime stuff are vaulted, it's all on the internet but it's such a hassle trying to decide what to liquidate every time Baro comes around.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nalesh posted:

It seems pretty easy? Especially post parkour 2.0

Use Zephyr if you have it I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD1dOU5Yi3Q

I'm bad at parkour, lol. Waiting on a guild invite so I can build a new zephyr, since I sold my old one before I stopped playing last time

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

RFC2324 posted:

It took me 10 days to beat this, because I didn't know you could practice tests. After this though I finally learned how to jump like a pro, I actually never realized how poorly I was ninjaing around. My problem was realizing I had to jump looking straight up for height, then angle over.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RFC2324 posted:

I'm bad at parkour, lol. Waiting on a guild invite so I can build a new zephyr, since I sold my old one before I stopped playing last time

Titania trivializes every MR test that requires mastery, or platforms, or mvoement of any kind

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

And Tyler Too! posted:

Where in the dojo to I trade in the Hemocyte Csystaliths? I keep getting the most vague answers in chat. Hold my hand, please be specific.
There's a statue in the Bio Lab in the dojo. It's the room directly to your right as you spawn in.

Go into the lab, open you menu, select decorations, then place decorations. Look at statue and you should have an option to contribute by pressing 2.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Helter Skelter posted:

There's a statue in the Bio Lab in the dojo. It's the room directly to your right as you spawn in.

Go into the lab, open you menu, select decorations, then place decorations. Look at statue and you should have an option to contribute by pressing 2.

Well now I've contributed and I feel like I've finally done my part for the clan. Huzzah! Giving back! That and every mutagen sample from my entire Warframe career like a month or two ago.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Just watching the Dev Stream and Damage 3.0 (maybe just 2.5?) is coming, probably with the release of the Chora Warframe, as she can transform to change her base damage type.

Slash was a standout with the scaling, so Puncture and Impact were left in the dust. Procs for the base ones (Slash, Puncture, Impact) are now all going to scale the same on a curve that scales up to 90% effectiveness based on the weapon's damage numbers. So a powerful Slash weapon will get a powerful Slash proc, but much less effective (or non-existent) procs of the other types. To me, that also sounds like you're going to have to actually mod for those damage types to get the full effectiveness out of them.

Impact is getting changes in that as the effect becomes more powerful it will transition from a stagger into a full ragdoll with scaling power. Blast is also probably getting this treatment. Personally I'd prefer a minor explosion on proc.

Other Elementals also being looked at. As is the effects of 100% status scaling on weapons and how it all interacts.

Best part of the stream so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVN_njQpj4&t=1479s

Keep watching for just after this bit, because they show off the Fans again that they totally forgot they were developing in lieu of a Sepiroth Katana.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 18, 2017

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Be aware at the lower ranks of primed regen still only give your sentinel x1 revive, so you will have to shell out seriously to increase it to x3. I definitely bought one because dead sentinels mean I can't hoover mana orbs through walls and that make me sad, but like most primed mods they are just there as a long term project to keep you playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

kxZyle posted:

Tonight I was trying to solo the Lephantis sortie. It was going well, albeit slowly because I was using my Ferrox for ammo efficiency. Midway through the underground phase, suddenly a "MISSION FAILURE IMMINENT. ELIMINATE REMAINING TARGETS" message popped up with a one minute timer. It ticked down and I failed the mission.

I tried again, this time with Vectis Prime and some ammo pizzas. Lephantis's last head was nearly dead when the message popped up again. I killed him, but the timer didn't stop ticking, so I legged it towards extraction and made it with only ~15 seconds to spare (which is good, cause failing at that point probably would've ended with me throwing some stuff IRL).

Does anyone know what causes this timer to appear and what I can do to avoid it?

That timer is there when the mission drags on too long, which pairs nicely with Lvl 100 Sortie Elemental Resist Lephantis: the ultimate HP sponge.