Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Great ep. Not enough Nathan rape, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like that Heidi is calling school "skeew" now too.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty disappointed. I love the Crippled Summer and Handicar and was hoping this would follow a similar format. The setup was there, but seemed like they didn't really want to commit to it. The Heidi plot should have been it's own separate episode. I groaned at the NFL reveal because it was just like "oh poo poo, we almost finished an episode without something topical!" though the silent stadium and lava volcano jokes were good. They also seemed to have forgotten a major part of Nathan's character where he acts innocent and very mentally retarded when speaking to adults.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
A lot of this episode gave me old school SP episode vibes, was kind of nice.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Cartman is trapped in a hell of his own making and it's amazing.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 16, 2017

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
OK so in the witches episode they had Principal Victoria be the principal of the school that the kids attend. I didn't think much of it and assumed that there must have been some development late last season that I didn't remember where PC Principal was kicked out and replaced by the previous principal Victoria. I don't exactly have the best memory for events that have happened on a show like this so I assumed that I must have misremembered something.

But no, in this episode it was shown that PC Principal was once again in charge of the school.

CONTINUITY ERRORS IN SOUTH PARK GUYS

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This was unfunny as poo poo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Totally called Heidi becoming a female version of Cartman.

There's something very fitting about him having to suffer what he puts everyone around him through.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I've never really been a fan of episodes that focus exclusively on Nathan & Mimsy because I just don't think there's enough there to carry an episode, so I appreciated that there was a good mix of other characters as well.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Cartman himself feel off this season. Even the comment about Heidi being a Cartman but she sees things through felt weird because... Cartman does too, often to horrific results.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah the Nathan//Mimsy episodes fall flat for me, and Heidi turning around into Cartman is kind of funny... but where are they going with this? I’m not one of those people who think rape is too sensitive to be funny, but Nathan getting raped at camp by fish or whatever never seemed funny in the same way Sea Monkeys was funny

Like at this point I see “Heidi kills Cartman and literally assumes his role moving forward” as plausible as anything else.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Vegetable posted:

This was unfunny as poo poo

Yeah, it wasn't very good at all.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The NFL angle was weak, but easily the best episode of the season otherwise.

Akumos posted:

A lot of this episode gave me old school SP episode vibes, was kind of nice.

I didn't realize until later, but Heidi farting/crapping the water bears out felt very end-of-episode old school.

Or is it skeew?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Episode was worth it for Cartman being horrified at the end.

"I was just trying to figure out why you decided to drink 20,000 microanimals that were showing signs of intelligence."

I'm also down with any episode that makes fun of the NFL.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bbf2 posted:

OK so in the witches episode they had Principal Victoria be the principal of the school that the kids attend. I didn't think much of it and assumed that there must have been some development late last season that I didn't remember where PC Principal was kicked out and replaced by the previous principal Victoria. I don't exactly have the best memory for events that have happened on a show like this so I assumed that I must have misremembered something.

But no, in this episode it was shown that PC Principal was once again in charge of the school.

CONTINUITY ERRORS IN SOUTH PARK GUYS

That was the Mayor of South Park and not Victoria ;)

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Am I the only one who thinks Nathan looks like Bill Hicks?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

NonzeroCircle posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Nathan looks like Bill Hicks?

Nope, I've always thought that. The combination of glasses and hairdo kind of seals it for me.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
'Drowning in muff' was possibly the most British thing I've ever heard on South Park, missed the next couple of lines laughing at that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Episode was... okay. Not nearly as funny as the Hummel episode so I don't know why everybody's going crazy for it.

Also I think it's pretty obvious why Trey and Matt picked water bears for the special ed science project, they're tardigrades.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

NonzeroCircle posted:

'Drowning in muff' was possibly the most British thing I've ever heard on South Park, missed the next couple of lines laughing at that.

You mean the drowning in... part of the muff part? Cause I've heard both in the states since I was a kid.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 17, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

King Vidiot posted:

Also I think it's pretty obvious why Trey and Matt picked water bears for the special ed science project, they're tardigrades.

:aaaaa:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That scene of Cartman showing up at the bus stop and Heidi's face turning to annoyance and going "oh hey babe what's goin on" was one of the best pay offs to a running gag this show has ever done in my opinion. It was perfect.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

King Vidiot posted:

Holy gently caress!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Macaluso posted:

That scene of Cartman showing up at the bus stop and Heidi's face turning to annoyance and going "oh hey babe what's goin on" was one of the best pay offs to a running gag this show has ever done in my opinion. It was perfect.

yeah I loved that

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
That was a really...odd episode.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you didn't laugh every time Heidi said skeeew you're wrong about things.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I liked the season 1 callback gag with the four girls at the bus stop.

Actually might be interesting if they do some perspective-swap episodes with the girls. Though not sure who their Kenny would be.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"You live in a trailer park, Teresa, it's not a big deal :rolleyes:"

I love Heidi, and it's beautiful comeuppance for Cartman who made her this way.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tiny houses are absolutely trailers for hipsters.

Crustpunks that have upgraded to cosplaying trailer trash.

Trailer punks.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Jerusalem posted:

"You live in a trailer park, Teresa, it's not a big deal :rolleyes:"

I love Heidi, and it's beautiful comeuppance for Cartman who made her this way.

comeuppance? if anything he actually likes her better this way.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

comeuppance? if anything he actually likes her better this way.

Yeah, the comeuppance will be when she actually gets worse than Cartman.

e: nevermind, yeah, she's there by the end of this episode. I feel like the pacing is because they're not quite sure how much mileage they can get out of Heidi being totally awful.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 18, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Inescapable Duck posted:

Actually might be interesting if they do some perspective-swap episodes with the girls. Though not sure who their Kenny would be.

They've got a Kenny, a Butters, a Cartman and a Kyle.

Bebe is the natural Stan.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Because Stan is hung.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Inescapable Duck posted:

Trailer park girl is Kenny.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm reminded of how the goth kids were played a little bit as an alternate but comparable group to the main four, with the fat girl being the Cartman, and the crazy little kid probably the Kenny.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
I'm a bad sports watcher person and don't know anything about the NFL other than concussions and some guy kneeled and that made people angry.

Was there anything more to the water bears-as-fans joke than the NFL's attendance is down?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is there a thread for the game? I just finished it and have some questions.

It was pretty good but felt less inspired than Stick of Truth.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 19, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Game thread is here

Agreed with your take, I enjoyed the game but it lacked a certain spark that Stick of Truth had.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

just another posted:

I'm a bad sports watcher person and don't know anything about the NFL other than concussions and some guy kneeled and that made people angry.

Was there anything more to the water bears-as-fans joke than the NFL's attendance is down?

The Chargers' move to LA has pissed off literally everybody (except Vegas. They get to have the Raiders now.). LA wanted the Raiders, and San Diego liked their team. No joke: there are tattooists in San Diego who will perform free cover ups on San Diego Chargers tattoos.

So we're happy enough to support the Rams, but we're all but boycotting the Chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The new game had harder gameplay and a fun story.

• Locked thread