Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah haven't they been a fairly solid team for a pretty long time now?

They were generally either the best or second best program in the MVC and have been competitive since they moved to the Big East, yeah. They’re usually solidly in the tournament. They were really good last year before their PG got hurt and I think they’ll probably be a tournament team again this year.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Michael Porter Jr. didn't make the trip to Utah, making it three games he's missed now. This is, of course, the most Mizzou outcome.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We lost 69-65 to Illinois State today for our first L of the season and looked really, really bad throughout. We might be kinda terrible this year, which probably should be expected after losing about 80% of our offensive production from the Final Four squad. I really wish PJ Dozier had stayed another year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tilmon is probably Missouri's best player in theory with MPJ out I'd say.

I don't know what his total minutes played ended up as but tonight he picked up 4 fouls in about 3 minutes, then fouled out after maybe getting up to 10 if he was lucky? That's not a good combination.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Tilmon is probably Missouri's best player in theory with MPJ out I'd say.

I don't know what his total minutes played ended up as but tonight he picked up 4 fouls in about 3 minutes, then fouled out after maybe getting up to 10 if he was lucky? That's not a good combination.

It was 6 minutes for the record. From Bill C:

quote:

Even despite the impressive Iowa State performance, Tilmon is now committing 12.7 fouls per 40 minutes. He has committed 10 in a combined 16 minutes the last two games. That is downright awe-inspiring.

Freshman bigs are likely to foul, I get it. But Jesus.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Lol New Mexico got crushed by main rival NMSU after stealing their coach. We are trash.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Lmao wake forest lost to drake, bulldogs bitch arf arf arf

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Lol New Mexico got crushed by main rival NMSU after stealing their coach. We are trash.

Eh, new system against a motivated team and two of our players got ejected. We’re not great but certainly not as bad as the last three years.

E: I forgot where I was, because every UNM fan I’ve met the last day look like they’re gonna jump in front of traffic. Like, Jesus.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 18, 2017

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

MourningView posted:

Is this a typical Drake team? Because if so, oof.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

This is THE VALLEY's year I can feel it!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PotatoJudge posted:

Is this a typical Drake team? Because if so, oof.

They hired a new coach who I think will be good by Drake standards eventually but yes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

End my life

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV is actually looking pretty decent, fun, and entertaining!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake finally won a game, poo poo housing Quinnipiac pretty bad.

I'll still take it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
hello and you're looking live as WVU murders Morgan State

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

So, uh, Northwestern...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

sharknado slashfic posted:

So, uh, Northwestern...

Lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Miles Bridges sprained an ankle yesterday. He’s day to day so no word on if he’ll play in the PK80 yet.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bol Bol is going to Oregon

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's a monster class, 2 5 stars and 2 4s.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
i cannot wait for dana altman to go jail lmao

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i cannot wait for dana altman to go jail lmao

rude

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Wow I might have to actually catch a college ball game now.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i have never heard a single positive thing about him as a person

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

also i am here for an exciting matchup versus long beach state, gently caress a 49er

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I'm concerned about Mizzou making the NIT with the way they've played and with MPJ's injury. You've got a team full of bigs and all they do is rotate around the perimeter and chuck up threes at a 15% clip.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

I'm concerned about Mizzou making the NIT with the way they've played and with MPJ's injury. You've got a team full of bigs and all they do is rotate around the perimeter and chuck up threes at a 15% clip.

Tilmon and Jontay are obviously skilled is the good news, like you barely even notice Jontay getting 11 rebounds or whatever he did tonight.

I'd like to say the shooting will come back around (they were on fire the first two games), but I did watch the team way more often than was healthy for anyone last year too. As far as distributing I'd like to think Harris will eventually be good but he's not there yet. Apparently Geist who we all know sucks and Phillips are so bad at point that Cuonzo would rather play the spot up three grad transfer at point.

But none of this matters, you should just be able to out-athlete Emporia State and roll.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
The big ten seems bad.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

gvibes posted:

The big ten seems bad.

Iowa supports this opinion, lost to South Dakota St today

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Texas A&M is and always has been a basketball school

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's official on MPJ. Tough break for the kid.

https://twitter.com/MizzouHoops/status/933050756189638656

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

RIP Mizzou

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Cool time to be a fan of Mizzou and a tanking NBA team

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PotatoJudge posted:

Iowa supports this opinion, lost to South Dakota St today

No a super great last four days of Iowa fandom.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never thought MPJ would come back to Missouri but I honestly think there's a reasonable chance it happens now.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

kiimo posted:

I never thought MPJ would come back to Missouri but I honestly think there's a reasonable chance it happens now.

yeah, the silver lining is that his draft stock will tank because of the injury and there's only one way to rebuild it...by coming back to MU for a RS freshman year.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Does he realistically fall much further than 5-6 if he's healthy post-surgery? I'm skeptical that it'd be worth waiting another year to get a second NBA contract, but I do want to believe there's a chance he comes back

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

From the NBA thread:

quote:

According to the http://instreetclothes.com database, 75% of NBA players to need a discectomy reported back-related issues later in their career

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I hate sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So the basketball version of Tommy John surgery

• Locked thread