Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
:siren: TIM STORM VS JOCEPHUS WILL BE LIVE ON INSTAGRAM TONIGHT :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af_GJybFBQQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
What the hell does turn on notifications mean in instagram, this is a really weird way to live broadcast something

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you go to their instagram and turn on post notifications so you get a phone notification when they post. they are hoping you will keep them on after the broadcast is the idea

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This whole NWA thing is a scam. Corgan's just going to unveil a new social media app that you have to download to watch Tim Storm defend the belt against James Ellsworth or whatever they're building to.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh no, this video quality is... it's something.

Also you can't watch on desktop, phone only apparently.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 18, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

congrats to new NWA champion Jocephus may your reign last 100 years

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah pretty crazy Jocephus is now the champion

edit: can we get Jocephus added to the monthly poll now

Fizziocrat
Mar 15, 2004

That was a better match than I was expecting out of Bocephus, but it definitely was not as good as Aldis (Corgan's mobile cinematography aside). Brawling around the venue/wrasslin' seems to be Brody's primary style, but it was cool to see him break out a couple of power moves at the end. Kind of a snooze fest up to that point, honestly. I thought Storm came out of it looking tough and technically proficient (by comparison).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That was garbage and I'm mad that William Patrick Corgan made me redownload Instagram to watch it.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

You guys got me real excited that John B McLemore The Wrestler won the NWA title, but reality just isn't beautiful enough for Champion Jocephus.

Not, "actually watch the match" level excited, but, you know. I googled it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Explosions posted:

You guys got me real excited that John B McLemore The Wrestler won the NWA title, but reality just isn't beautiful enough for Champion Jocephus.

Not, "actually watch the match" level excited, but, you know. I googled it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got John B vibes. Like John B mixed with Travis McElroy.

I skimmed the match and it seemed very bad. No movement Tim Storm makes seems natural, and Jocephus essentially delivered the finish to himself.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I still want Joey Janela to win the title at Spring Break 2

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
I think its about time we gave The Stro another shot at the Ten Pounds of Gold

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

James Storm is free from TNA and should avenge his father's loss.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

At least Willy Corgs has people interested in NWA Title matches at the moment. Can't believe I took the time to watch last night's match on Instagram of all places. Gonna be a fun little run to see all of the weirdos Storm retains against before dropping it to an actual name.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So how's he going to beat Elgin then?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Venomous posted:

So how's he going to beat Elgin then?

Is that one actually happening? I know he was in the group of people tweeting out challenges but wasn't sure if it was confirmed at all.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

Is that one actually happening? I know he was in the group of people tweeting out challenges but wasn't sure if it was confirmed at all.

idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but if they actually want Storm to look good, or at least better than against Aldis and whatshisface they could do worse than giving him a match against Elgin

I mean idk how they could put Storm over clean without making both of them look bad, especially since Elgin had a Meltzer ***** match with Naito earlier this year, but I’m sure they’d figure something out

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just turn Storm into a chickenshit heel when the challengers start getting too tough. Kick some dicks, get DQ'd, just go full-on desperate old man.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

great way to rebuild the belt

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
have him fight and defeat the champions of lesser indies w/ smaller belts (4-6 pounds of gold OR LESS) and then hang those diminutive belts from his belt like a belt belthunter

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Wait I thought Josephus was champ now

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait I thought Josephus was champ now

You got got.

They kicked your dog, you gonna kick their cat?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am deeply offended that the people dumb enough to watch wrestling on Instagram would be cruel enough to spread disinformation

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i'm excited to see nwa champion jocephus square off against nick gage in the squared circle(?)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tim storm is still the champion

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/932041043922575360

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Sourpuss posted:

I think its about time we gave The Stro another shot at the Ten Pounds of Gold

If only NWA Mountain State still existed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

heel turn posted:

It kinda still does but they never run shows

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Super No Vacancy posted:

great way to rebuild the belt

i think the idea is to rebuild the belt once it's on someone who can actually wrestle, and just try not to actively expose Storm until they can get the belt off him

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hmm kinda stiffin him with the forearm at the end there. Wonder if Storm pissed him off during the match somehow

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

James Storm is free from TNA and should avenge his father's loss.

Honestly, apart from his age not being much better, James Storm wouldn't be a bad shout for NWA champion. He has a modicum of credibility and is charismatic and is a decent worker.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

heel turn posted:

That was a good time in the life of this subforum

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Vader and Sid should get runs with the strap. Hogan too. At least it would give them some mainstream PR.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

put the strap on whoever this generation's David Arquette is

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

put the strap on whoever this generation's David Arquette is

ROH is doing this

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Storm offered Tommy Dreamer a title shot.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Tim Storm owns, he takes on all comers. Please put him in the next champ poll.

I wanna see 'Stro vs Storm

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Somehow he actually looks better now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That was a good time in the life of this subforum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHw3GYt7fTU