Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
man the routes in USUM arent very intuitive, at least to start. like theres like 4 completely separate grassy areas that are considered "route 1", i guess i never paid attention before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Countblanc posted:

man the routes in USUM arent very intuitive, at least to start. like theres like 4 completely separate grassy areas that are considered "route 1", i guess i never paid attention before

I like how the surfing tutorial builds up your confidence while not mentioning the water is full of poo poo you have to avoid.

Also, photo club is bad

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Manatee Cannon posted:

just name it robin hoot like everyone else

robin is gender neutral
I managed to go for a different archer combined with a Winnie the Pooh reference with Wolliam Tell.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Paul.Power posted:

I managed to go for a different archer combined with a Winnie the Pooh reference with Wolliam Tell.

I used Hemlock.

I was hoping for a girl so I could name her Foxglove, but when you get adamant you stick with it.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Dehry posted:

The screen is filled with text saying "Don't disconnect or you will be prevented from trading" during every trade.

Oh good, I though it was something for trading over all my stuff from normal sun into ultra moon.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I wanted to do a team full of Alolan form Pokémon, but after seeing the list again, there really aren't very many of them. At least it's so much easier to pull off gimmicks like that when you don't need an HM slave anymore.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Is “scared the spit out of me” a real thing people say?

That was by Hau, and he tends to use Hawaiian slang (like Tutu for his grandpa, or one of my favorites "uku billion"), so I wouldn't count it out as being a thing over there.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Hawaiians call sandals "slippers." It's a silly place.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Star Man posted:

I wanted to do a team full of Alolan form Pokémon, but after seeing the list again, there really aren't very many of them. At least it's so much easier to pull off gimmicks like that when you don't need an HM slave anymore.

Yeah Alolan forms are extremely underutilized. It’s disappointing because ORAS added quite a few new megas mid gen and USUM added all new pokemon but Alolan forms still feel like an unfinished idea.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I assume if I want a Jangmo-o on my team for US/UM, I'll need to get somebody else to trade me one or wait until Poni Island since Pokemon Bank is still a no-go for now?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Amppelix posted:

That was by Hau, and he tends to use Hawaiian slang (like Tutu for his grandpa, or one of my favorites "uku billion"), so I wouldn't count it out as being a thing over there.

There's a bit earlier where you can choose "I was scared spitless" after you were attacked by a wild pokemon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, is the photo club located at the unfinished buildings from SM?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, is the photo club located at the unfinished buildings from SM?

yes, the one everyone assumed was gyms based on nothing and then got angry about for GF "leading them on"

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Anyone happen to have a two-star or better red dye shop in their festival plaza yet? If so be my friend because I needs it. I love Moon but the lack of warm colors available bums me out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TFRazorsaw posted:

yes, the one everyone assumed was gyms based on nothing and then got angry about for GF "leading them on"

Hahah, what fools they are for getting their assumptions over nothing.

( :argh: GameFreak!!!! )

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Amppelix posted:

Anyone happen to have a two-star or better red dye shop in their festival plaza yet? If so be my friend because I needs it. I love Moon but the lack of warm colors available bums me out.

I made a Dye Plaza, so adding me will mean your friend could have Team Red easy-peasy! My code is 1032-1228-8506, and I'll make sure to have the shop as my first slot.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

Yeah Alolan forms are extremely underutilized. It’s disappointing because ORAS added quite a few new megas mid gen and USUM added all new pokemon but Alolan forms still feel like an unfinished idea.

It probably was unfinished, the game was pretty rushed out

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

LightningKimba posted:

I made a Dye Plaza, so adding me will mean your friend could have Team Red easy-peasy! My code is 1032-1228-8506, and I'll make sure to have the shop as my first slot.

I done did added you @ 2019 - 9763 - 7928

Also you might've misread, I was definitely wanting the dye shop for myself and not an imaginary friend.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Amppelix posted:

I done did added you @ 2019 - 9763 - 7928

Also you might've misread, I was definitely wanting the dye shop for myself and not an imaginary friend.

Real talk, I have been pulling all nighters, so I probably read your post and someone else’s and smash cutted them both. :downs:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Whoops, of course it costs 1.5k FC. Welp, gotta grind this out real quick, I've got 1000 currently

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Haha I have the exact opposite color, I got Ultra Sun and realized that the only warm color I like is red and that I miss all the cool colors.

I somehow unlocked a one star green and purple dye hut though so I guess that’s a start. Even if I miss jeans.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Colgate posted:

I assume if I want a Jangmo-o on my team for US/UM, I'll need to get somebody else to trade me one or wait until Poni Island since Pokemon Bank is still a no-go for now?

I've got a bunch of spare adamant ones in my Sun copy, if you want one.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oh my god I hate trying to hunt down that one last request in Festival Plaza. The spawning is so inconsistent that you can walk past people multiple times without even noticing,

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

They're not all Photo clubs. There's only two of those.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Welcome the lotto shop, would you like to draw a ticket?
We've closed for today.

gee thanks festival plaza.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Did you change your system clock recently?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Did you change your system clock recently?

Not that I'm aware of. I guess you can't do it immediately after first entering festival plaza?

Also, Rotom Powers tick down while in Festival plaza, but seemingly not in other menus.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Kurieg posted:

I've got a bunch of spare adamant ones in my Sun copy, if you want one.

I might take you up on that, but I haven't started UM yet. I've just been looking at who I want to use this time. I'm looking at Litten/Jangmo-O/Roselia/Zubat/Cutiefly/maybe Rockruff.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Interesting change between US and UM: The destiny knot is obtained by saving a swimmer on route 14. In US it's a male swimmer and in UM it's a female swimmer. The dialogue is the same but I'm pretty sure it was written for the boy trainer.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Amppelix posted:

Oh my god I hate trying to hunt down that one last request in Festival Plaza. The spawning is so inconsistent that you can walk past people multiple times without even noticing,

It's the absolute worst.

How often do new requests come in anyways and at what quantities? I can't find any information on it online.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dehry posted:

Interesting change between US and UM: The destiny knot is obtained by saving a swimmer on route 14. In US it's a male swimmer and in UM it's a female swimmer. The dialogue is the same but I'm pretty sure it was written for the boy trainer.

Looks like lucky eggs are farmable this time around.

Really wish when you revived a fossil you could hand them a pokeball with it for it to go in. Tyrunt deserved a luxury ball.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

So I saw somewhere that you can give your character a tan now, and was wondering where exactly I go to do that? Just got the game today and have not been playing for a whole lot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dienes posted:

Looks like lucky eggs are farmable this time around.

Really wish when you revived a fossil you could hand them a pokeball with it for it to go in. Tyrunt deserved a luxury ball.

farmable in the way they were in hgss where you had to hope for a rare chansey spawn, then hope it was holding the egg?

that wasn't fun. did make subsequent playthroughs way better tho since I could trade 6 back to my new file

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

farmable in the way they were in hgss where you had to hope for a rare chansey spawn, then hope it was holding the egg?

that wasn't fun. did make subsequent playthroughs way better tho since I could trade 6 back to my new file

What holds it in US/UM?

If the lead pokemon in your team - even if fainted - has Compound Eyes, then wild encounters are more likely to be holding their wild hold item. Then you just knock it out with Thief. This is how I ended up with a large amount of Leftovers in Moon.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

CuddlyZombie posted:

It's the absolute worst.

How often do new requests come in anyways and at what quantities? I can't find any information on it online.

Hourly, according to this https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Festival_Plaza

Well it doesn't say that explicitly but requests will expire in an hour so I imagine new ones are generated then. There will be five requests at a time until you reach Rank 11, and then there will always be six.

I should note that this information is not updated for ultra sumo but the plaza seems extremely unchanged so it should be mostly accurate. The biggest change seems to be that FC rewards are tripled (!) compared to the original.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I'm trying to decide if I want to run with Alolan Raichu or Togedemaru this time around; sell me on them.

Leaning Togedemaru since Raichu would involve dealing with Pichu.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Filthy Haiku posted:

I'm trying to decide if I want to run with Alolan Raichu or Togedemaru this time around; sell me on them.

Isn't Togedemaru basically just the Gen 7 Pikachu knockoff, ala Marill and Plusle/Minun, etc?

Whereas Raichu has been taking Pikachu's poo poo since Day One for 20+ years and finally gets something nice for itself.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Amppelix posted:

Hourly, according to this https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Festival_Plaza

Well it doesn't say that explicitly but requests will expire in an hour so I imagine new ones are generated then. There will be five requests at a time until you reach Rank 11, and then there will always be six.

Thank you, this actually really helps with my festival plaza OCD

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Filthy Haiku posted:

If you get lucky with the Rotom powers like I did you might be free of Pichu before you even leave the first island though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

the_steve posted:

Isn't Togedemaru basically just the Gen 7 Pikachu knockoff, ala Marill and Plusle/Minun, etc?

Whereas Raichu has been taking Pikachu's poo poo since Day One for 20+ years and finally gets something nice for itself.

Togedemaru is the Pikachu Knockoff that can actually stand up for itself. Decent stats, decent typing since it's part steel, decent ability that punishes physical attackers. Also it's an adorable mouse-orb. Though I feel the superior steel-ball rodent in Gen VII is Ice-Shrew: the living curling stone. Shame Ice-Slash loses the cuteness though it still is a solid pokemon.

Agree with you 100% on Raichu though. Ever since Gen 1, Pikachu has been the star of the show. From Ash's Pikachu beating up Lt. Surge's Raichu, to losing your buddy on the map if you ever dare evolve Pikachu in Yellow, to Pikachu getting a special snowflake hold item to make it nice and strong to all sorts of costume Pikachus. It's about damned time Raichu got something.